TGA Plushberry Grow

This is my first run with any TGA but Ive read alot of different journals and everyone seems to get 4/5 females im hoping for all 5 on these I still have 7 more PB to pop and 10 each of the other 3 strains. I'll be flipping to 12-12 shortly so I'll guess I'll find out soon :thumb:

Looking forward to the pics update. The single seed centre has ran out of PB. I only want 1, male or female it doesn't matter. So I'll wait for that, hehe.

I hope you guys like the progress I think I can get a pic of the PB that haven't hit the trellis yet but the girls in the centre of the bunch I don't think I wanna pull out in case my mongoloid reflexes cause damage they are all well I got a nice little surprise when I got home from work just and checked on them overnight growth amazes me sometimes mustve liked their last feed

Hey guys been super busy lately and this journal had to suffer for it but everythings moving along and all the girls are on and will finish they're 36 hour dark period at 7pm tonight when I switch the MH for the HPS yay!!! Finally begged to like 30" or more gotta measure today anyways peace for now

Thx for the interest I have a bunch of pics on my cam waiting to be uploaded but I am without Internet for a little while longer so they'll have to wait a lil longer. I ended up with 3 males out of the five popped so he other two will get a little more light without the crowding.:peace:

I've had my share of problems with the grow so far mostly my own fault for checking everything at the same time everyday first thing I noticed was the during veg my timer had a random pin hanging out enough to flip the timer and shut the lights off at 15 hours on giving them nine off so I bought a digi timer everything was good until I went to 36 hours dark then the new timer quit and they got like 55 hours of dark they were a lil yellow and stretchy but everything is on track again I hope they're all greened back up and loving life again

Last batch of clones netted me a 100% success rate with GH rapid rooters or whatever they're called although two died from me not getting to them with water soon enough. Lazy ass lol neway I have 4 clones each of my two Plushberry that were females so I'm good for a couple moms and 6 to run under the 1000w for the next run with my BPN. Still working on buying a 400w for my veg area but the t5 HO will have to do for now all clones are transplanted and I'll be checking them in the morning goodbye for now back to the grind

Well my clones have survived their transplant and seem to be loving life at the moment so I'll be soon starting a new Plushberry journal showcasing my nute sponsor BPN!! Still trying to decide if I should do a comparison grow between General Organics and BPN. What do you guys think anyone interested?

Comparison grow if you can. Would like to see the differences in nutes. Got any pics update?

Yeah that's what I was thinking ppl need more comparison grows that was one of my issues when deciding on a nute line. Besides Advanced Nutrients videos I couldn't really find many decent comparisons that werent biased or just done improperly. Now I'm no professional grower or scientist but I think I can do a decent comparison with six plants using both GH and BPN's full line-up. 2 different donor moms will give me three plants for each line. As long as I can stay on top of them and on top of the journal, I think we'll see some definite results. And then I get to smoke the test subjects lol. O and before I forget and stop rambling, excellent photos this month 12/12 you have got my vote once again and have shown me how to kick my game up when I post pics. Badass logo man! Anyway :peace: for now everyone gonna go :morenutes: the girls

Quick update. The Two plushberry are at day 25 of bloom and are starting to fill in the internode spacing with some berry funkiness. They're really starting to throw some scent which is a nice bonus everytime I check em. It amazes me at how much better the plush look compared to the Ktrain and Darkstar under the same light. Im just starting to see a phosphorous def on 2 of the Ktrain and just in looks alone the structure and overall condition of the plushberry are much better. I started the plush from seed and the others were clones from my outdoor grow that kind of got stressed the fuck out in their early days other than that the only difference is I cut my Promix with 50% Gaia green Living soil. It seems to be making the difference I haven't seen any defs whatsoever on the plush. I know im backlogged pretty good with pics just gotta sort thru the fuzzy ones and find an Internet connection I'll update. Till then though you'll have to imagine it lol. The plush have stalked trichs that I don't even need to squint or use a loupe to see them they're covering the edges of the fans almost to the tips and I'm seeing why ppl or choosing it as their new hashplant. Peace for now guys and gals

P.s. Just cracked 3 cheesequake and 3 Flav and when I counted my seeds I ended up with an extra Flav in there sweeeet

Was just reading the "Toronto Star" and came across an interesting article on spider mites. Apparently a couple of good Canadian boys have cracked the genetic code on spider mites. One thing that piqued my interest was that the little Bastards have borrowed genetic material from plants and bacteria and that's what gives them the ability to be resistant to pesticides and so hard to kill. It also stated 13% of global crops are lost to them totaling more than a billion dollars of lost produce, ornamentals and our favourite meds.

Here's the spider mite article

Chink found in pest's armour
JOHN MINER, The London Free Press
Wednesday, November 23, 2011, 1:39 PM

(MIKE HENSEN, The London Free Press)
They're tiny, well defended and super-destructive, chewing up about 13% of the world's crops each year.
But scientists at the University of Western Ontario think they've now found the Achilles heel of the spider mite, having mapped the bug's DNA structure in a way that could allow them to breed mite-resistant plants in future.
"These mites are one of the biggest pests in the world," said Miodrag Grbic of UWO, lead scientist on the project.
Evolving over 400 million years, the spider mite attacks more than 150 agricultural crops, including greenhouse vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers, and field crops such as soybeans and corn. It's estimated the mites cause $1 billion a year in damage.
The spider mite poses a serious problem for agriculture because it builds resistance to new pesticides within two to four years.
"They are definitely record-breakers," said Grbic, who collaborated with 60 scientists from Spain, Belgium, France, Portugal, the United States, Chile, Germany and Switzerland.
The research was published in the latest issue of the journal Nature.
The mites are found on every continent.
"If you have plants in your home, you have them. If you have a garden, they are there," said Grbic.
In mapping the creature's genome, Grbic's team made some startling discoveries about the spider mite.
They found the mites have borrowed genetic material from bacteria, plants and fungi to overcome toxins in plants, allowing the mites to feed on a vast range of plants.
"This is quite stunning," said Grbic.
The London researchers now plan to use the newly discovered genetic information to find a way to turn off genes in the mites and slow their reproduction.
"We should know in a year or two if this is actually going to work. It is still an open question," said Grbic.
While Grbic's team's original intent was to find a way to stop spider mites, they also discovered the mite could prove beneficial.
Working with nano-physicist Jeff Hutter at UWO, the researchers found the spider mite produces an extremely light silk that could have potential uses in the automotive, aeronautics and medical industries, he said.
"There are really exciting and useful things we can learn," said Grbic.
Grbic's work was supported by the U.S. Department of Energy, Genome Canada, the natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, the Ontario Genomics Institute and the Ontario Research Fund.

The bad thing is their gonna try and fight them through GMO'd plants

Back
Top Bottom