Plushberry Clones In Soil

Hello everyone. The plants had 26 hours of darkness and then I chopped them up and hung them to dry. It's a good job I'm not being paid to do this trimming because it's taken me 12.5 hours to do two plants :lot-o-toke: Admittedly I had some breaks but yeah, I can't see me getting a job doing this for anyone lol.

Whilst I was cutting and soaking in the trichs I decided that I would definitely go ahead and make some butter/oil or whatever catches my fancy on the day, so along with the trim in went a lot of small buds, it was a case of one for drying, one for you and the odd one thrown in for me as well for the quick dry :) I know it will affect my yield numbers but again I'm just happy on being able to harvest.

I've also decided that I will give these Reflectors one more chance, as side lighting in the tent under the Mars II 1600w. Once all the buds have been dried and the tents cleaned up I will veg my 2 LSD under them to harden them up to the LED and then move them into the other tent when the plants are moved over for flower. If temps become a problem no big deal, I'll just have to take them out. Butr I'm wondering whether these popcorn buds (there were a lot of them) can be encouraged to grow into nice fat buds with the extra help of a 96x3 Reflector on each side. Anyway that will be a week or so at the least I should think so here are some pics of what remains of my harvest. The buds are quite dense and this time there was no foxtailing to speak of.

Harvest pics:

IMGP0875ps.jpg
IMGP0876ps.jpg

Please excuse the quality of the pics but it's 10:45am here and I've been up all night cutting and trimming, there has to be a quicker way, or I should learn how to speed up.

All the best everyone and if there's anything that you would like to ask or to add then feel free, I'll be awhile answering though as my eyes are falling out and my bed wants me to fall in. All the best :thumb:

Congrats on the successful harvest my friend.
:goodjob:

You should end up with some really tasty scoobie snacks once everything is all dried and cured. :yummy:

nice harvest! so these were grown under the Mars II 1600?
do you plan to grow only two plants again under three Mars lights? maybe they could cover more.

Hello everyone. The plants had 26 hours of darkness and then I chopped them up and hung them to dry. It's a good job I'm not being paid to do this trimming because it's taken me 12.5 hours to do two plants :lot-o-toke: Admittedly I had some breaks but yeah, I can't see me getting a job doing this for anyone lol.

Whilst I was cutting and soaking in the trichs I decided that I would definitely go ahead and make some butter/oil or whatever catches my fancy on the day, so along with the trim in went a lot of small buds, it was a case of one for drying, one for you and the odd one thrown in for me as well for the quick dry :) I know it will affect my yield numbers but again I'm just happy on being able to harvest.

I've also decided that I will give these Reflectors one more chance, as side lighting in the tent under the Mars II 1600w. Once all the buds have been dried and the tents cleaned up I will veg my 2 LSD under them to harden them up to the LED and then move them into the other tent when the plants are moved over for flower. If temps become a problem no big deal, I'll just have to take them out. Butr I'm wondering whether these popcorn buds (there were a lot of them) can be encouraged to grow into nice fat buds with the extra help of a 96x3 Reflector on each side. Anyway that will be a week or so at the least I should think so here are some pics of what remains of my harvest. The buds are quite dense and this time there was no foxtailing to speak of.

Harvest pics:

IMGP0875ps.jpg
IMGP0876ps.jpg

Please excuse the quality of the pics but it's 10:45am here and I've been up all night cutting and trimming, there has to be a quicker way, or I should learn how to speed up.

All the best everyone and if there's anything that you would like to ask or to add then feel free, I'll be awhile answering though as my eyes are falling out and my bed wants me to fall in. All the best :thumb:

Hey Medfarmer, Prof and UncleCannabis thanks, although it's not overly frosty it does have a great smell to it and is pretty sticky. I'd say it has that smell of Mj, with subtle undertones of really nice Mj :) I never was a wine connoisseur either lol but I'm sure there's berries in there somewhere, I'll take the expert's word on that ;)

Hey tony thanks. I will only be using two plants again as my tent is only 4'x4' and I prefer growing my plants taller rather than scrogging, purely for aesthetics and my personal taste but unfortunately not necessarily the best way when using these particular LED's due to the poor penetration in comparison with HPS. Once I switch the Reflectors over to the Mars tent and hang them sideways I may even only have room for the one plant, but it would be nice to see whether the plant can grow those lower popcorn buds into more cola sized or whether the plant can only produce enough energy to concentrate on the colas. I don't have any deadlines that my grows have to be finished by or a yield minimum so now I have a bit of medicine to store I can have some fun playing around while I find which style of grow I prefer. I'd love to be able to grow one beautiful plant that drops me 20oz like some people manage on here, that will be my future aim and will mean my learning bondage and all kinds of stuff, I'll get there eventually :)

I'm still hoping on 100g dry here but I'm not too sure I'll get it, maybe 70g or so at least though hopefully. I'll be sure to put up my dry weight but I did probably 'waste around 20-30g between me and the trim bin which I'm going to freeze until I get my hands on a MB2. Best wishes everyone and thanks for sharing this journey with me, your input has been valued and truly appreciated. In fact I'd go so far as to say you all ROCK. All the best :thumb:

Hey thanks GB :) I'll be able to tell you later what the testers are like, I left some on the side earlier and will give them a quick dry and try, not the best way I know but it will give me some idea of how it will be. Great to see you back too, all the best :thumb:

:goodjob: that harvest def looks like its going to be really nice and with everything learned i can only wait until next grow :nomo:

thanks for the info Kriaze! actually as a long time outdoor gardener I also prefer high(!) plants, but when I will have my led setup (hopefully very soon) I think I'm gonna try scrog and fluxing also, these methods are really interesting. I was also thinking about sidelights, but canceled... anyways, I'll follow your next grow :)

Hey thanks for the congrats arellanobrian and db003 (it's my second harvest db003 but you wouldn't think so with the amount of problems I had lol). Hey tony there'll be plenty of room on the roller coaster of my next grow if you're joining. There'll be ups and downs for sure, and now there will be sides too :)

All the best everyone :thumb:

Hey Medfarmer, Prof and UncleCannabis thanks, although it's not overly frosty it does have a great smell to it and is pretty sticky. I'd say it has that smell of Mj, with subtle undertones of really nice Mj :) I never was a wine connoisseur either lol but I'm sure there's berries in there somewhere, I'll take the expert's word on that ;)

Hey tony thanks. I will only be using two plants again as my tent is only 4'x4' and I prefer growing my plants taller rather than scrogging, purely for aesthetics and my personal taste but unfortunately not necessarily the best way when using these particular LED's due to the poor penetration in comparison with HPS. Once I switch the Reflectors over to the Mars tent and hang them sideways I may even only have room for the one plant, but it would be nice to see whether the plant can grow those lower popcorn buds into more cola sized or whether the plant can only produce enough energy to concentrate on the colas. I don't have any deadlines that my grows have to be finished by or a yield minimum so now I have a bit of medicine to store I can have some fun playing around while I find which style of grow I prefer. I'd love to be able to grow one beautiful plant that drops me 20oz like some people manage on here, that will be my future aim and will mean my learning bondage and all kinds of stuff, I'll get there eventually :)

I'm still hoping on 100g dry here but I'm not too sure I'll get it, maybe 70g or so at least though hopefully
. I'll be sure to put up my dry weight but I did probably 'waste around 20-30g between me and the trim bin which I'm going to freeze until I get my hands on a MB2. Best wishes everyone and thanks for sharing this journey with me, your input has been valued and truly appreciated. In fact I'd go so far as to say you all ROCK. All the best :thumb:

You describe weed like my wife does... its either ok, good or really good. "Taste like good weed" is her usual statement if she likes it.

Pictures can be a little deceiving but I would say you have at least 100 grams :goodluck: and

Congratulations!!

Hey Scarfinger, I'm guessing that I'll never have fine enough tastebuds to be any kind of connoisseur whether it's weed or wine :)
I'll be happy if I do get 100g but I'm not sure yet, I checked it today and it seems to be drying nice and slowly plus it seems to be getting a bit stickier, it definitely seems like there's more frosting.

I had a tester of it last night and it tasted bad. I can safely say that I can tell the taste of chlorophyll now, but it had a really nice sweet aftertaste kick in after that. It was weak too, I mean it was like a really light buzz after having a smoke, kind of something you notice, but nothing really noticeable if you know what I mean. All I can do is hope that the drying and curing will increase the potency as well as the flavour. I feel that it will taste really nice, maybe even better than the last time I had it, but that won't mean much if it's potency doesn't increase, only time will tell.

Here's to hoping and fingers crossed. All the best :thumb:

It'll be better after dry and cure.

I've got my fingers, toes and legs crossed here UncleCannabis. I even tried getting the missus to cross hers but she came unstuck with trying to cross her legs, she couldn't keep them closed long enough ;)

Sounds like a good problem to have my friend. :thumb::love::circle-of-love::slide:

A good flush (some say a flush isn't necessary), a good slow hang if possible (5 to 7 days up to 10) and a week or 2 in the jars makes a big difference.

One thing you may consider at your next harvest is holding off on the wet manicure and hang them with all the leaves on it. It will slow the drying process. Then dry manicure it. At least one person reports that he thinks he gets more of a chlorophyll taste if he manicures wet and then hangs it.

I tried the dry manicure on my harvest and I think I like it. Everything went right on my harvest and curing so far which makes it harder to determine if it was one factor that improved it for me. I personally think it was the longer hanging that improved mine. Usually I can only manage a 3 day hang which leads to a more grassy taste. This harvest I got a 5 dang hang and the taste is premium.

Back
Top Bottom