3rd Grow - Time For The Light Show

One last post though, my wife is a nurse and she recommended that I don't actually take that. I see what it is now that I have googled it. The support side of things will be happening soon enough though as I'm supposed to be going for high intensity CBT in regards to PTSD. I'm quite happy living well when I'm well and the MJ helps most days, sometimes weeks or months even. Again, all the best.

Now then my man :passitleft: loved your update, must have took you ages, sorry it took me so long to see it, I've over done it on the subs, currently running at 60 with unread posts.

I'm here if you need me my friend :love:

Hey Mr Am4zin I'm glad that you enjoyed it and yes it did take ages, probably around 2-3 hours lol. I know what you mean about subs and I appreciate that you took the time to read through. Likewise if ever you need anything just give me a shout ;)

Wow very honest update. Can't add any input as iv no experience with it but wish u the best with the personal struggle u have

But

Canna soil........ He'll yea been using it 7 years it's awsome stuff. Canna nutes ain't for me I like bio biz but that's just me ☺

I'd heard both good and bad regarding the CTP soil but I'm happy with it and it's great that you give it a vote of confidence also, I'm comparing it to Plant Magic soil too at the moment. As for the Canna line I have Vega/Flores and PK 13/14 here and have stopped using them as I wasn't happy with my plants. I'm back on the AN line up for my chemical grow as I was impressed with them (although not the amount in their lineup and the cost) on my last run. The plants seem a lot better for it too. For my organics I have the BioBizz Fishmix along with Plant Magic Oldtimer grow and Bloom, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on those. All the best :thumb:

All the plants seem to be doing much better today even the ones that seem to have a deficiency or light burn, maybe I just needed to put the light higher in that tent and give them a break from the reflectors. I'm not getting my hopes up but that LSD seems to be throwing out some new healthy growth, I'm keeping my fingers crossed again :)

IMGP2597151118rs.jpg

I vote her POTM just for the mere fact her troublesome strain brought you to us Kraize.

I vote her POTM just for the mere fact her troublesome strain brought you to us Kraize.

B A R such kind gestures from a decent person such as yourself are what made me sign up to this magazine. The plants may have brought me here but they brought me to beautiful souls. I cannot wish enough goodness upon yourself to ever repay that sort of decency. You sir are what bring people to this magazine. I am humbled, you are great. Thank you.

Just a thought... Since she'll need a few weeks to build roots. Is it worth trimming her back? I can't tell you from experience, but, I'd cut her back a bunch. Either way, I'm watching!

I'm going to give her free rein Spitz as I think she has it hard enough without me stressing her even more. I have no experience either I'm just playing by ear, I'll try and give her the best care that I can. :thumb:

Hello 420Magazine and all you beautiful souls that reside here. It's time for a little update on my chemical grow and I would like to say that yesterday the Incredible Bulk 1 was given a feed of 10ml Advanced Nutrients Micro/Grow and Bloom along with 2ml of Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree and a teaspoon and a half of Epsom Salts mixed with 6 litres of water. The other two plants had the same the day before minus the SGT, but it was at half strength as I didn't feel they were watered enough so I gave them an extra watering afterwards. I'm not too sure whether their problems are being rectified as I can't really tell yet. I'm not certain that things are getting worse though, at least for the Incredible Bulk 2 who still only has a few leaves that are showing a whitening.

I did notice some stretch on the Incredible Bulk 1 (appreciated that my darling thank you very much) so I have lowered the lights again a little, for me the grow has always been about her and I was quite sad when I couldn't get her into the tent when I liked. It seems to have worked out well though as she is looking much more reasonably sized now and I'm expecting her to produce some fine quality bud.

She is now past the preflower stage and starting to bud up so I'm expecting that the stretch will stop soon if it hasn't already. I have a really good feeling about her and pretty much everything I do is geared towards her in this grow, much more so than the other two girls in there that have to undergo the torture of lights being lowered when they may be suffering a little light burn. Get over it I say ;)

So here she is with a few days of bud on her and I have to say that I'm impressed with how these Incredible Bulk strains grow, even with the soil problems, nutrient problems, light...dammit I own up, grower problems that they get from me they seem pretty damn hardy. Great for a novice like myself and I get the feeling that I'll be growing more of these in the future, along with the Plushberry if my mate ever comes through with those same pheno clones that he promised me a month ago :)

Here is the Incredible Bulk 1 settled into the flowering tent and reaching for the light, seriously I'm astounded at how high some of her leaves are reaching. Hence the reason that I lowered the light by an inch today, and if that's not enough I will move it down another tomorrow and so etc:

IMGP2798151125rs.jpg

Note those leaves at the back? I'm not sure if that's normal for a happy plant but if it is then I am one happy chappy to say the least.

Here's a look at her stretch and bud formation:

IMGP2830151125rs.jpg

The nodes seem to be a little far apart to me but I have faith in this girl, she's a goer :)

The Incredible Bulk in comparison is still very squat although bushy:

IMGP2811151125rs.jpg

I'm happier with her node formation though so maybe she will surprise me:

IMGP2813151125rs.jpg

The Paradise Nebula (sigh), I just can't seem to get this baby right whatever I do to her. I'm going to blame absolutely everything on the soil or something else again, *ahem*, but she doesn't seem to want to get healthy for me no matter what I do. She is still growing buds though so as long as she makes it to the finish mark I will be happy. I'm not too sure whether I will grow chemically again but if I do I may give this strain another try depending on how the smoke is. I'm not bothered about the yield, only the quality of the smoke. Here she is in all her beauty?

IMGP2802151125rs.jpg

and a look at her bud formation:

IMGP2805151125rs.jpg

Finally, a family shot of the flowering tent:

IMGP2825151125rs.jpg

That concludes my update for now, I hope everyone is well and may your buds be beautiful and bountiful. All the best :thumb:

Hey Spitz, after taking your advice I do believe that she is getting better. I should have taken a close up but I'm mad busy here lately and when I was taking the pictures I just wanted to be in and out. Over the next week or two we should know for sure if she is ever going to make anything of herself. I'll look forward to your WW picture, I hope she is better off than some of my plants :Namaste:

Hello everyone I hope that you are all in good health in body, spirit and mind :Namaste:

Things have been a little busy here so I haven't had much time to get online much, but we do have a little update for today.

First of all in the flower tent neither my turning off the sidelights and raising the main light, nor the feeding of Epsom Salts has done anything to help the health of the girls, they are still on the decline. I'm not going to fight it though as I have a strong dislike for the soil that I potted them in, and it's way too late to consider repotting them now. I could try and regulate the PH measurements in increments but I may well make matters worse as I have no real idea of what the problem is with the soil. My last (non scientific) test showed that it was too acidic but the addition of Dolomite Lime has done nothing to counter that problem. In fact it way well have swung it the other way as far as I know. So this grow could well be a bust, no big deal really as I will get something from the girls, even if it's a couple of oz of mediocre smoke. All I will do is keep feeding and hope for the best :)

The Incredible Bulk 1 that was moved back into the tent seems to be doing well, but her limbs have had to be supported already which does not bode well for her future. I'm actually unsure as to whether the side lighting is contributing to that as the top branches are reaching for the main light above, whereas her side branches are splayed out reaching for the side lights. I fixed this by adding my support canes and tying the the branches as upright as I could get them. The side lights will remain off for awhile again until I get a new timer (talking of which this hobby is burning a hole in my pocket! I've gotten myself a second job as my main job is pretty quiet at the moment. I start Saturday and it's doing deliveries, not a highly paid job but it will be enough to cover the costs of my hobby with a bit of spare change to maybe feed the children once a week or so :) ). Then I may well set them to come on for a few hours during the light cycle just as an added boost. Other than that though she is looking well and healthy, let's take a look at her:

Here she is with her new supports:

IMGP2959151203rs.jpg

Plus a look from the side showing her bud formation:

IMGP2989151203rs.jpg

She isn't worrying me too much at the moment, but she is in almost the same soil (she was the first that I potted so I had some of the older soil left over which was also used) as the other plants so I expect problems to appear over the next couple of weeks if any will appear. My fingers are crossed ;)

The Incredible Bulk 2 is slowly declining in health, nothing is working on her and I can't work out what the problem is, and as they have around 5 or 6 weeks longer to go maximum (I would need to check the journal for exact dates, great things these journals are) I feel that so long as she stays alive she will produce some budness for me. It is said that a picture is worth more than a thousand words, so here she is:

Leaf tips are curling and browning now as with the other plants. It can only be down to my soil or feeding regime, surely I'm not over feeding/under feeding...Impossible! lol. Anyway here she is:

IMGP2962151203rs.jpg

She is looking more and more like the Paradise Nebula, White Widow and the LSD that were planted in this soil every day. I have hopes that she will produce though.

Now the Paradise Nebula is indeed a sorry looking sight, whatever I try it does not work. I can only hope that she will make it through to harvest but I have had worse and still managed to get some form of medicine, we'll see how she goes but I will not intervene. She will be fed and left to fend for herself. At least all the other conditions are fine so she may well produce something.

Here she is in her funky orange outfit:

IMGP2968151203rs.jpg

Now I mentioned the LSD earlier and I do believe it's time that I showed how she is getting on. I have left the yellow leaves on as they will fall off of their own accord and I really don't want to give her any stress whatsoever at the moment. Since transplanting into the Canna Terra Pro she has improved remarkably, where is that Spitz guy I need to give that man a ceegar...or a nice fat pipe :)

Remember this?

IMGP2597151118rs.jpg

Well here she is today. I could clean off her yellow leaves to make her look much better but hey ho, what do you think?

IMGP3010151203rs.jpg

This tells me that the problem is either with the soil or my feeding as they are the only two conditions that have changed. She is still getting water at the same periods that I would have fed her before and I was always there with the PH pen checking the levels so I'm inclined to lean towards the soil being the problem. Of course I would say that wouldn't I? :) I promised myself that I would not do any more chemical grows, but now I'm inclined to try one in the future with different soils just to see whether the symptoms are replicated. Something for me to mull over in the future, but as for now I'm deeply happy with the Canna specific soil that I'm using. So much so in fact that I have more on the way until my own 'Super SubPar nPK's Soil' is cooked which I will try in 2016, I really am that happy with this soil. The difference in growth and health is amazing as can be seen with the two Dark Devil Auto's which I will be updating on my organic grow thread shortly.

Damn that reminds me, I nearly forgot the White Widow from the other tent. Her growth is as expected in the soil I have a dislike for. She is still stunted and showing signs of problems, I'm considering repotting her into this Plant Magic soil that I have amended myself for long term growth, but I'm kind of also swayed towards the direction of leaving her to it and popping a fresh seed in that one. It will be a spur of the moment decision if I do go ahead and do it no doubt.

Here she is:

IMGP3029151203rs.jpg

Shall we vote on it? I'm not sure how the White Widow is as a smoke when grown from home as I've only ever bought it from the street. If anyone would like me to repot her then please let me know and I will oblige. That concludes the chemical grow update for now and I will leave you all with best wishes of peace, happiness and good health. May your buds be beautiful and bountiful always :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom