3rd Grow - Time For The Light Show

Hello, just a quick update today as my fingers are super sticky from trimming the now dried bud from the Incredible Bulk 2. I would have liked it to take more time to dry but if I leave it another day I think it would be overly dried. Although the buds were not large they are super sticky, and although it may be nutrients that I'm smelling it does have quite a nice aroma, enough to make me want to test it but nothing like the Incredible Bulk 1 is smelling! I had to pick up some branches that had fallen from the supports of the IB1 yesterday and all of a sudden I realised that I was smelling something like I had never smelled before, and it was beautiful :) I have no palate when it comes to taste or smell but WOW it blew me away, I was sniffing my hands for the rest of the night. In fact I'm going back in for more soon, let me just say that it was the freshest smell that I have smelled from any flower in many years.

Back to the IB2 though and the dry(ish) weight is around 22g, more than I expected but not what I want to be aiming for next time. I will leave the plants in veg longer in the future and of course not make so many mistakes ;) For now though it's time for the tester, I know that it will be harsh and not so full of flavour as after being cured but I'm thinking it won't be so unpleasant from how it smells and feels now. There's a ball of finger hash in my kief tray that would rival any that I have garnered in the past too, it could make for a pleasant night.

All the best everyone, no pics for this one as it's literally one jar full plus I'll stick up my camera, sending good karma out to everyone and wishing you all a pleasant evening :thumb:

Hey everyone, let me start by wishing you all the very best and a Happy New Year!

The smoke that I got from the Incredible Bulk 2 was actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Although the bud I smoked wasn't cured it wasn't harsh at all, could be the nutes doing that though as it does smell synthetic and in a bad way lol. The high though is pretty much instant, literally after a couple of tokes and it would hit. A half a joint had me chewing on the inside of my mouth at one point but with no anxiety, well maybe a little but with the 'who cares attitude' which swept it swiftly away. The high would last around two hours before it was at the 'just a buzz' stage where I would be looking to smoke more. No couch lock or anything of the sort just a pure cerebral high whereas I could get things done. It's not what I'm used to but it made a nice change to say the least, I'm hoping that the Incredible Bulk 1 (which is looking much better than the IB2) is the same even though I usually prefer something that puts me to sleep. This one definitely does not put me to sleep, but it makes being awake enjoyable :)

All the best everyone and the IB1 should be coming down around the 8th Jan or so according to the seller's timetable. The leaves are starting to look CalMag deficient but this one is being flushed properly so I won't be rectifying that problem. She is looking like she will produce a lot more than IB2 and thank f*ck for that is all I can say as otherwise I'll be living off auto's for the rest of my life, and we all know that's what Monsanto wants ;) Again, a Happy New Year to you all and may your next year be safe, healthy and wealthy be it in goods, money or love. Whichever you prefer but for me I'll start by sharing my source of wealth right here and now :love: :circle-of-love: :love:

Thanks B A R :) Talking of balls (as on your thread) I've just checked the LSD and not only is she/he trying to flower badly but I now see that she/he has balls too. 5 seeds, 1 premature death and 4 hermies...I may just pull her after all that lol. Then again I'm also wondering whether the pollen would be viable or whether it would be tainted with the hermie trait, this seems like it could happen. Choices choices, I may just keep it going and see what happens depending on my home situation which is a little up in the air at the moment (workmen due in). I'll try and get some pics up later, weird how it is still trying badly to flower under 18/6 either way.

All the best mate and I appreciate you dropping in :thumb:

Yeah, I'm sure you read the idea you gave me on my thread with the male autos.

I did B A R and am happy to have been of some help. Ideas and tossing theories around are about as far as it goes for helping in this hobby as of yet, one day I will try and be an authority on growing the actual buggers too lol

Today I finally managed to get my pictures sorted out and uploaded, it's been a busy week here and I have workmen coming in as of the beginning of next week so I'm chopping the plants and trying to find somewhere to move the vegging plants.

First of all let's take a look at the LSD. She is under 18/6 light schedule in the veg tent and is still trying to flower, not only is she trying hard to flower but she is also producing balls. I'm not too sure what to do with her/he/it but I may just let her go full term to see what happens (provided I can find room to hide her next week).

This is how she is currently looking:

IMGP3488.JPG

A closer look at those balls:

IMGP3484.JPG

She has had a stressful life and I should have expected her to hermie, still out of 5 seeds of this strain I've had 4 hermies and 1 premature death, they really don't like my mistreatment. Whatever happens I'll be avoiding this strain for awhile, maybe I'll see how they will fare when I have more experience under my belt.

The Incredible Bulk 1 has literally blown me away. I wasn't expecting much from her after the Incredible Bulk 2 yielded just 22g dry, although I did put that into flower early, leave it too short and bushy with no defoliation and of course my mistreatments too. Still, the amount I have received from the IB1 has shown me that there is still hope for me yet. The side lighting from the Reflectors (which were above the short IB2) seem to have done their trick. As I kept cutting into the plant I was finding nugs that were almost the same size as the main cola's, although the main cola sizes are nothing to write home about. I'm wondering whether the side lighting which has encouraged inner/lower growth has made the plant divert some of it's life energy from the main cola's to the inner growth. Either way I'm happy with the result as I would much rather a higher amount of uniform size buds to the 6 to 8 cola's that I would have expected.

The pictures up next are a little low quality (aren't most of my photographs when it comes to these plants? lol) as they were taken on my phone for a friend who I was discussing the inner growth with at the time. Either way hopefully they will show what I mean:

image5793.jpeg
image5794.jpeg

I was finding branches growing off other branches sideways towards the side lights, I won't complain that the plant won't be eligible for POTM. She can be as ugly as she likes if she has that sort of inner beauty! :)

This is how she is looking now, RIP IB1 but your legacy will live on (for awhile at least) :

IMGP3529.JPG

It may not seem a lot to most experienced growers but for me this is probably going to be the best yielding plant that I have grown so far, and her aroma is beautiful :)

There were still some popcorn buds in the very centre of the plant so I literally just ripped off their heads and rolled them into one medium sized nug (thanks B A R for that golden nugget of information) and the other half of them were thrown into the trim bag. I'm not sure what will happen to those yet as I still have no idea about making anything from them, maybe I'll save them for if I run out of smoke again ;) I also got a little finger hash from the IB1 which smells great, I'll look forward to throwing that into a smoke:

IMGP3547.JPG

I was going to bin the Par Nebula as her leaves were ruined at an early stage and never recovered, but after taking her out of the tent and looking her over she seems to have budded up pretty well considering, so waste not want not it is. I'll be off to give her the chop chop shortly.

I know the Dark Devil Auto's were mainly for my organic thread but here's a quick shot of them drying in their little tent. As there was no rush at the time I was able to leave the leaves on and will give them a trim when they dry:

IMGP3541.JPG

That's it for today and apologies for the delay but there has been so much to do here it's no good living in fear of the law, and all that hoohaw.

All the best everyone :thumb:

If LSD is on your list to grow, give a look to Mazar, Green crack, or any AfghanxIndica cross. The Afghan Kush x Skunk may be the best product we've had yet. Congrats on your chops sir! Enjoy!!

Hi mate LSD is definitely not on my list to grow. The best thing about that strain is that it made me join 420 when I first grew it (1st grow in sig). It doesn't like me and I do not like it either, we have a mutual feeling of dislike :) Maybe I'll try it again when I have more experience and knowledge of growing but I won't be holding my breath. Funny thing is I haven't seen a really good grow of this strain yet, even an experienced gardener was giving it a go but his journal was abandoned (as far as I know). Nope, LSD is on the list of strains that have ticked me off, even though the most likely chances of the 5 seeds all failing was myself ;)

Hi mate LSD is definitely not on my list to grow. The best thing about that strain is that it made me join 420 when I first grew it (1st grow in sig). It doesn't like me and I do not like it either, we have a mutual feeling of dislike :) Maybe I'll try it again when I have more experience and knowledge of growing but I won't be holding my breath. Funny thing is I haven't seen a really good grow of this strain yet, even an experienced gardener was giving it a go but his journal was abandoned (as far as I know). Nope, LSD is on the list of strains that have ticked me off, even though the most likely chances of the 5 seeds all failing was myself ;)
I started an LSD a few weeks ago... looks like I might have to do a log. :)

Congrats on the chop Kraize.

Congrats on the recent harvest Kriaze!
:bravo:

That should be plenty enough herb to keep a smile on your face until the next crop comes in. :blunt::)

LSD is a really nice strain man. If you really want to grow this one don't be so quick to give up on her. Now that you've gotten your grow environment dialed in and have some more green on your thumbs (more experience) you'll surely do better with this strain on your next attempt.

Here's a pic of the one I flowered out recently.
thumb_IMG_2519_1024_copy1.jpg

She's a really powerful smoke, taste is really nice, and she's a heavy yielder to boot. I've had this one curing since early November and it seems that some sweetness is now beginning to emerge that I hadn't picked up on until just recently.
I also made a batch of live resin ice water hash with a clone that I grew out on my patio. The LSD live resin hash is such a bell ringer that I would be reluctant to share any with anyone that is not a seasoned smoker. This strain made some really whack hash brother!
Don't give up....try again later. :)

:peace:

Sounds like a strain worth checking out. I do find it really hard to go back to a strain I've had trouble with. For that matter, with so many options, I find it really hard even to go back to a lot of strains i havent had lots of trouble with (I haven't had many of those...).
In a perfect world there would be seed exchange programs.

Hey UncleCannabis thanks for dropping in and sharing your grow of the LSD with us. I don't know what happened with your last journal regarding the grow but somehow it seems to have dropped off the charts for me and I thought you had abandoned the grow, or at least the journal side of things. Anyway welcome back and it's always a pleasure to see you gracing the magazine with your experiences and my doesn't that LSD look good in your pictures. I think after looking at that I may well give the strain another go, but I need more experience in reading the plant's needs before I do so as this strain definitely disagrees with my form of growing (erratic to say the least). For now I'll stick to some of the strains that can withstand my punishments :)

Weaselcracker don't let my newbie grow experience put you off this strain, as my first ever grow even with all the problems did give me a fairly good yield considering how close to senescence I took the plants, and it was a good solid smoke after all that.

In other news it turns out that I may have worried too much regarding my stealth grow as apparently a boiler upgrade doesn't mean that they'll rip up all the piping throughout the house, so as long as I can keep it low key and the fans on quiet I should be OK to continue growing without ripping everything down and moving my plants. Bonus!

Today I will be trimming and weighing up the Dark Devil Auto's that I grew as when I checked on them 12 hours ago they were almost there but not quite. Hence my alarm being set and my being up at this ungodly hour (more than one 9 o'clock in a day? Who would have thought it). I don't really do mornings unless it's unavoidable, it's just something that I've never managed as I always found it easier to keep my eyes open wide in the dark and sleeping during the day but today makes a refreshing change for me, heck I may even go out and tone down this hacker's tan :)

All the best everyone and although the DDA was more for the organic thread (or at least as close to organic as I currently am) I will post some weights here for anyone interested. They won't yield much but what they have yielded is probably the best smelling flowers that I have ever had the pleasure of smelling.

Best wishes to everyone and now I will dance off to my grow room to the tune of 'Here comes the sun' by The Beatles. Have a great day, evening or night wherever you are on the planet :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom