SmokeyMcFly's Plushberry & WOS Brazil Amazonia HighBrix LED Grow

The flu sux smoke get well soon and just looking at to babies give me the energy to chop lol ya I think as soon as I get some money together or in the next month or so I'm gonna grab the brix kit and try er out I mean why not the results are in front of my face and I have been intrigued with the high brix since I found this site and I already discussed with doc so I'm good just gotta get in motion with my perpetual and then slide it in there my patients I've talked to about it are bugging me about it now that I talked it up to them lol so should be joining the brix army soon haha peace out smokey enjoy the dank u got were all jealous

Thanks man!

You wont be sorry if you go with the brix I can promise you. I have the best feeling every time I walk in the grow store and giggle at the wall-o-nutes :rofl: I blows my mind how much money I used to spend on the advanced nutes line and fox farm soil to still have subpar results and constantly be chasing an issue or deficiency or over feeding or something. I am no pro grower and if you saw the results of one of my normal nute runs they looked nothing like this. I always had one problem or another. Now if they start to look bad I just spray them a little more often and the plant works out with the soil what it needs fed and all is good in the world again. Plus you can recylce the soil so after your initial investment the overall cost per grow is very low. :thumb:

Doc is my :morenutes: Hero! :cheer:

Some shots of my new veg area. Luckily I came to my senses before I took the knife to my gorilla tent. I ended up using a 2x5 space inside of the closet in my grow room instead. I had no idea how I was going to pull the extension off and it would of been a pita although I would rather have them all in the same space but this will have to do for now.

I let my plants get a little to dried out and the hurkles especially were drooping. I included a couple pictures of them and will update in a couple hours to show how fast they recover. I watered them with 2 gal of water containing 3ml tea, 12ml energy split between the five and sprayed all plants with stress.

New space with t5 for now. I am going to move the t5 into my tent and keep my moms in there and move one led to the closet, I think...
IMAG12344.jpg
IMAG12316.jpg

Hurkles
IMAG1235_1.jpg
IMAG12365.jpg

In a day or two after they have recovered I am going to take clones of the hurkles and one of the blue dreams transplant them and move them into the flower tent and get them started. The rest of the moms will get trimmed down and repotted into 5 gal, I think im going to flower in the 7s this time since there will be three of them. I am going to start a new journal for the next grow once they get flipped.

Thanks for looking.

I forgot to add this Orca film is fantastic stuff. Its double the thickness of the panda film super tough and very easy to work with. Even the bottom tray I made with tons of folds was no problem. The seam tape is very sticky so don't plan on having any paint left on your wall when you remove it. I touched a piece to the wall by accident and removed it right away and the paint came right off with it.

Hurkles looking much better already :thumb:
IMAG12386.jpg

Blue dreams, gotta pick one to flower, choices choices...
IMAG12394.jpg

IMAG12416.jpg

Plushberry mom, it was so hidden under the blue dreams only two of the stems grew lol, she should be much happier now.
IMAG12405.jpg

Some close ups of the plushberry all broken up. It is still a touch damp in the center of the smaller buds so a few more days and they should be good to jar up. I have them in 60% humidity slow drying so i'm not to worried about over drying them and the stems aren't snapping yet. My camera is strange, it does great through my method seven glasses under LED but once I put it in normal lighting it goes to shit and makes everything to dark or has a purple (led color) haze over the entire picture, like im trying to take a picture of an LED tent without a filter but not quite as extreme. I think all the tent pictures is throwing the color adjustment out of whack or fucking it up some how. Anyway, any bud portions that look dark in the pics (other then the hairs) are really the most amazing violet color and it looks fantastic mixed in with the nice green of the rest in a bowl or just broken up in a pile. I wish I had a good enough camera to show you guys what it really looks like.

Oh yeah these were the smallest little buds from the very bottom of the plant :high-five:
IMAG1254_1.jpg
IMAG12442.jpg
IMAG12455.jpg

And the J I rolled up, that has me pretty wrecked after only puffing half of it
IMAG12516.jpg

First smoke report, 4 days drying in 60% humidity not in jars yet. KILLER Smoke:thumb: it already has that cherry cola flavor I have grown so fond of and I know from my last batch it will only intensify as it cures. It also has a slight minty flavor to it since its so fresh, doesn't taste like chlorophyl but a nice fresh minty taste. It's hard to say for sure already but I am pretty confident the potency is up this round. I had to put the J down after about half of it and I rocked at the moment. This strain has such a great high and flavor I can't believe he pulled it. I think people over react to hermies esp when its at the end of the plants life, snip the damn things off and move on or just harvest once they show (with my specific plant anyway once they start showing she's ready). I only had two nanners on the first round and none on this one but I could of just got lucky too. I certainly was in getting the pheno I wanted out of the only female I had. I still can't get over how pink it made the tent look once I pulled all the big fan leaves off and it didn't have all the gree in there to off set the purples and pink hue it gives off under the LEDs.

I haven't tried the new Amazonia yet, I have been smoking nothing but it for a couple weeks now so I wanna give it a nice break before trying the new one to be fair.

Hey there Smokey, your plush and amazonias look absolutely delicious mate good work on those girls :)
Would you reccomend the Amazonia? Grows good? I have been looking at landraces from WOS and its in my top 2 to try.
Look forward to a smoke report on it mate
Once again beautiful buds, enjoy that smoke!! :;):

Hey there Smokey, your plush and amazonias look absolutely delicious mate good work on those girls :)
Would you reccomend the Amazonia? Grows good? I have been looking at landraces from WOS and its in my top 2 to try.
Look forward to a smoke report on it mate
Once again beautiful buds, enjoy that smoke!! :;):

I'll get back with more detail in a bit bit honestly no I wouldn't there are much better breaders. What effects are you looking for in a strain?

Alright cheers mate, yeah had that feeling so for now I've got dutch passion and sweet seeds strains. I'm mainly after Indica type effects but also something more anti-anxiety so I've stayed away from most sativas except the strawberry cough seeds I recently purchased but yeah mostly body effects, appetite, sleepy for insomnia if that helps,

Does the bud on the right look ok? Half the plushberry ended up looking like that and half look like the left. I am worried the ones on the right have some kinda mold or mildew that turned the hairs black. When I touch them I get black powdery stuff on my fingers.

I looked at them with the scope and those ones have a ton of amber trics so I think they were just over ripe. I hope...

IMAG1260_1.jpg

If I were to take a punt at it is go with your thoughts of it being over ripened and the black powder could possibly be from the the red hairs rotting to a darker colour and turning crumbly/powdery, I havnt had any exp with black or dark coloured mould but I know when your getting the light coloured white/grayish brown powder its usually mould or mildew of some kind but that's all I've had experience with in the moulds department so hope someone can give ya clear cut answer.
Other buds look tasty though

pulled this from a site, mentions some black specks but don't know how much it'll help you out.
Powdery mildew is usually restricted to the leaves of cannabis. -There are two different fungi that cause Powdery Mildew:

1. -Sphaerotheca macularis

2. -Leveillula-taurica

Both produce lots and lots of conidia, and spread by the slightest breeze to sites of secondary infection. -Losses increase as plants mature.

Symptoms: -Early-raised bumps or blisters on upper leaf surfaces. -From these areas the powdery mycelium arise. -Mildew can remain isolated in irregular pustules or develop all over the entire leaf. -Leaves soon look like they were dusted with flour. -Infected plants remain alive, or they prematurely yellow, brown and die. -If the disease runs its course, black specks (fungal cleistothecia) appear in the powdery mycelium. -

Check this thread out for some great strain discussion, graytail and corninado are much more experienced with different strains then I am. I can recommend Subcool's gear without any hesitation though, My Plushberry is exactly as advertised, very dank and very tasty herb :thumb:

Graytail Goes LED - 810W Intelligent-Gro II w/ High Brix

So I pulled the worst looking nug I could find and smoked it. It doesn't taste any where near as good as the ones with the nice orange hairs do but it has a serious go to sleep NOW punch and will make nice before bed smoke if it stays the same. I tried to separate it from from the normal looking nugs last night in case it was some funky mold or something but it was already all jared up in the same containers so its probably to late if it truly was mold or mildew but I don't think it was. Keeping fingers crossed!

If I had to guess I would say I got a total of 6oz of the plushberry and 4 oz of the Amazonia this time around. I have some bubble bags on the way and am going to be making a batch of bubble hash out of the trim and a few ounces of buds plus the rest of the amazinia I still have left from my last harvest.:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom