SmokeyMcFly's Plushberry & WOS Brazil Amazonia HighBrix LED Grow

Some pictures of the lil-ones.

IMAG10828.jpg
IMAG10818.jpg
IMAG10807.jpg
IMAG10797.jpg

Beautiful Plushberry. I see a lot of growers growing that strain. What is special about it? High thc or high cbd?

Beautiful Plushberry. I see a lot of growers growing that strain. What is special about it? High thc or high cbd?

Thanks bud. Its just a yummy tasting kush with pretty colors really, mostly THC and I think it has some hash plant in its lineage somewhere. It was originally called pink lady kush. There was an apple named pink lady so they had to change the name and they took the (P)ink (L)ady and k(USH) to form plush and tacked on berry cause of berry flavors possible. Mine has such a great taste and smell I just love smoking it. I also got very lucky and pulled the best pheno out of my only seed that turned out to be female. It gets the great berry flavors from the black cherry soda and lots of resin and potency from the space queen. Just a winner strain and since subcool does his breading in super soil I think it ends up doing very good in the highbrix soil :thumb: It is also very easy to grow and tolerated lots of mistakes that had my Amazonia getting burnt up and pissed off.

I did read that plushberry got pulled and replaced with newer strains that have the same potency / flavors just minus the possibility of the pink flowers but they are supposed to not have as many hermie issues. Mine got 2 nanners a few days before I chopped her so I don't think I have to much to worry about there.

Good response thanks man. I didnt know about the name either so thats cool you taught me something there. I may grow some but I also want to learn a lot more about high brix and the difference between high brix over organic although I really dont think much is organic because of all the gmo out there contaminating everything because gmo isnt organic so for instance using something natural like manure is common but that cow may have been fed gmo corn . I know that is technical but I am a technical person

To me the big diff between high brix and organic is this.

High brix focuses on high mineral content and microbes to break the minerals down and feed it to the plant. Minimal amounts of actual fertilizer is used and its more to keep the soil energy up then it is to feed the plants.

Organic focuses on following a bunch of rules on what you can and can not do to the plants (if you want to be certified organic anyway) and is more about feeding the plants organic nutes.

That is the extent of what I know about organic gardening but the great thing about Docs kit is if you choose you can know fuck all about organic or gardening for that matter as long as you follow the instructions and have a good env you will be successful!

Some random bud shots I took tonight. The plushberry pistols are browned up and the amazoina are still mostly white so it should be pretty easy to figure out which is which. O the plushberrys are much much more frosty too :rofl:

IMAG1083_1.jpg
IMAG10848.jpg
IMAG108610.jpg
IMAG10889.jpg
IMAG10898.jpg
IMAG10914.jpg
IMAG1094_1.jpg
IMAG11044.jpg
IMAG11075.jpg
IMAG1108_1.jpg
IMAG11116.jpg
IMAG11155.jpg
IMAG11162.jpg

What type of magnification do you use to see the trichs on the leaves so large like that?

oh. Haha Ive not thought of that . Whenever I see those huge trichs since I been on this site I always say they dumped sugar on their plant haha.

I actually tried the zoom for the first time last night so thats kinda funny that you asked about it today. A lot of cameras do a small amount of physical (real) zoom and then go to software zoom so I try and keep it to only using the lens. Also I think the cropping helps more then anything. Since my pictures that get uploaded are smaller and only contain the part of the flower I am trying to show when the software shrinks the dimensions and compresses it it doesn't have such a bad effect. Before doing that the pictures would look great on my pc but once I uploaded them here they would loose a lot of the detail which made seeing the trics pretty much impossible.

I have tried holding a magnifying glass up to the Iphone and it is a disaster trying this. I have a actually camera with a X5 zoom but that isnt enough for anything just to make it blurry. So I may use the magnifying glass with the actual camera that i can hold and snap with 1 hand and use the other to hold the magnifying lope with the other.This is my plan anyways. Hope you are doing well my friend.

Thanks you too! I slipped a disc in my lower back tonight moving soil bins around to mix up my next batch so that stopped that project in it's tracks... I might need the wife to help me with the heavy parts tomorrow :rofl:

I staked up the branches that were starting to droop over to much everything was getting out of control. Everything is in order again and I can actually rotate the plants again. They were getting tangled with each other and it was turning into a PITA.

IMAG11228.jpg

IMAG11195.jpg

IMAG11213.jpg
IMAG11172.jpg

Nice overhead view how did you do that just put your hand over it aiming down? I bring a ladder into the room climb it and take it from there then move it to the other side and snap again. Oh man slipped discs are the worst. I have 2 possibly 3 but I havent been checked out yet but studying anatomy and various things like that plus I was apprentice masseuse at a chiropractor so a lot to do with the lumbar region I can sometimes give a accurate guess at it. Its from my time in the navy. When the elevator was broke to put heavy parts on guess who they called? Me because I was the strongest. Try carrying a 400 lb aircraft engine on your shoulder up 7 flights of stairs while the thing on your shoulder is so heavy it is just digging in to your shoulder so hard its bleeding all over but you cant drop it because thats a multimillion dollar engine. Very trying im surprised im not crippled for the shit the navy used to pull. Such is life cannabis helps. Keep it green charlie brown

My plants are only ~3' high so I can just hold my hand up and get them in the shot. That one that is really overhead I was standing in the back corner of the tent and had no idea what I was actually getting a picture of. I will try and get a better one tomorrow night when I do the weekly comparison shots.

I have never really had a problem with my lower back but a couple weeks ago I was having a coughing fit in the morning and it happened right in the middle of me standing back up from being bent over and twisting while coughing. It was so bad I basically feel down as soon as it happened I just lost all control of my legs. This one wasn't nearly as bad but I am still sore today from it.

I know what ladders your talking about and I couldn't imagine trying to carry something that heavy up them. I used to have to go in nuc subs and carriers from time to time for my old job. I have heard so many stories of people retired from the navy that are all fucked up from the things they had to do it's such a shame :( Thanks for your service! :thumb:

Update for notes.

Yesterday sprayed brix, all plants

Today 11/2
Mixed up half batch of soil for next round.
7ml energy 2ml tea to the flowering plants
Flowering plants were really dried out and droopy after only 3 days since last watering which was 4 days, might not need to wait as long between waterings with the increased RH as I originally thought.
watered babies straight water also good and dried out but not drooping yet.

Update for notes.

Yesterday sprayed brix, all plants

Today 11/2
Mixed up half batch of soil for next round.
7ml energy 2ml tea to the flowering plants
Flowering plants were really dried out and droopy after only 3 days since last watering which was 4 days, might not need to wait as long between waterings with the increased RH as I originally thought.
watered babies straight water also good and dried out but not drooping yet.

The increased Rh will result in greater respiration and higher metabolism.....which means the plants will drink more, not less. Try not to let 'em dry out in bloom if possible. Every other day maybe pour a quart of water slowly down the top. Just so nothing goes bone dry.

The increased Rh will result in greater respiration and higher metabolism.....which means the plants will drink more, not less. Try not to let 'em dry out in bloom if possible. Every other day maybe pour a quart of water slowly down the top. Just so nothing goes bone dry.

Thanks Doc, I knew to not let them dry out but I didn't know they would use more water with higher RH. I figured they would need less. Some of this stuff is so counter-intuitive...

Thanks Doc, I knew to not let them dry out but I didn't know they would use more water with higher RH. I figured they would need less. Some of this stuff is so counter-intuitive...

I know what you mean...but keep in mind that the plant is using up the water far more than evaporation due to lower Rh.

When the plants are happy, they grow faster and larger....and our favorites like it about 50-60% on the Rh. They get stressed when it gets much lower or higher than that.

Now, there are times when that "stress" is desireable....like a nice dry, cold dark cycle from time to time if you're trying to coax more resin or more purple....but for the most part we want to stay in the high 70's with 5--60% Rh in the daytime, and high 60's with 50% in the night.

I know what you mean...but keep in mind that the plant is using up the water far more than evaporation due to lower Rh.

When the plants are happy, they grow faster and larger....and our favorites like it about 50-60% on the Rh. They get stressed when it gets much lower or higher than that.

Now, there are times when that "stress" is desireable....like a nice dry, cold dark cycle from time to time if you're trying to coax more resin or more purple....but for the most part we want to stay in the high 70's with 5--60% Rh in the daytime, and high 60's with 50% in the night.

Now that you explain why it makes sense :thumb: I'm sure you can imagine my suprize when I went to water then on what I thought was a day early to find them drooped. I was like Dafuq??? With these huge pots I really have no idea what's going on more then a few inches down... Thanks for the free education sir! With my med issues getting this right is priceless to me :)

Back
Top Bottom