Plushberry Clones In Soil

Wife Beater Ale.... haha that $hit was funny as hell!
Sucks about your lights, but yes they are green. If I got a problem with my lights and they treated me like that, I would post a YouTube video of me blasting holes in them with my pistols! I'm not convinced about these LED'S either. A lot slower growth and from what I can tell, the buds aren't going to be as big as with my hps (even my 400w hps). I believe this will be my final grow with these LED'S and I will use my 600 or 1000 hps till I can afford a better brand of LED lights. Sorry to hear about your plant, but hey, you got two more that are looking nice. If you want to send the LED'S to me I'll put a few holes through them for you! :)

Hey GB, now I'd pay to see that video lol. I think the lights can grow and they're proving that but I too am disappointed in comparison to the buds grown mainly under the HPS in the last grow. I think the Mars II are a great light for testing the waters of LED growing on the cheap but I don't rate these Reflectors at all. It was just my luck that they released the 96x5's around 2 or 3 weeks after I made my purchase, sod's law that one. Anyway I feel much better today after seeing nice plants growing instead of wondering what I could do to perk up the other. I was tempted to try and fit her in the tent with these other two but I think with the bushiness of the others and their spreading at the top it would just encourage bud rot or something. She's in a much better place now ;)

Did you have any ideas regarding adding organic raw honey instead of Blackstrap molasses to a feed, or even maybe during final flush?

Best wishes to you and yours and all the best:thumb:

Quote on molasses:
"Care should be taken on the last few weeks of flowering when using a lot of molasses in teas. The high magnesium value of molasses, which is one of its great assets, can be detrimental to the smoking qualities of the final product. Just be aware of this, because any leftover magnesium will be stored in your buds and make the smoke rather hot, compared to properly finished buds."

not an expert at all as i dont know the content of honey but if the main issue with using it is the mag problem then i think honey would be a good alternative as it will still provides the sugars but not the mag but like i said im no expert in honey haha

and i have been looking at your conversation on the mars thread and im sorry that your going through this situation. i do love my lights and seem to have some pretty ok results and even in my videos i state that for getting bigger denser buds HPS is the way to go but for me heat is an issue and more of exhaust needed, LED just works for my current set up. sad to see you stop using the mars hydro lights but always do what good for you and dont let ppl treat you without respect :Namaste:

Good post MF!
Kriaze - Molasses should be used for magnesium additive and to feed microbes in soils. When using molasses it should be used in small ammounts. I believe the honey would accomplish the feeding of microbes but no other benifits to your plants. I would stop the use of any additives durring the flush just to be sure you get a clean smoke.
Personally I don't flush my plants. I cant really tell the difference. I switch from full strength to half strength with some bud booster at week 6&7, then feed the quarter strength with terpinator till harvest (usually 9 weeks). I found the extra two weeks of slight nutrients usually help bulk up the flowers and give them the extra nutrients they usually lose durring a true flush. If you want a real flush, just use plain ph'd water for the last week or two. It all comes down to what you want for your stash. The only way you find out how you want it is to experiment.
Disclamer: I have ruined good bud doing stupid stuff at the end of a grow... just don't go overboard with any additives at the end. :)
GB80

Hi Kriaze,

What kind of Led do you use for this flowering? Do you flower under the light those two girls only? Maybe more could fit?...

Hello all. While I didn't get round to opening one of the lights today I did check on the girls and gave one of them a feed, plus I took some pictures of their buds as they seem to be frosting up nicely now. It seems that PK 13/14 was the boost they needed. I won't be feeding them any more of it now though as they're getting close to harvest, which brings up another point as to whether anyone would recommend feeding organic raw honey to a plant (oops too late I've already done it lol) in place of Blackstrap Molasses. If so then that would be great as the feed that I mixed up for the plant was exactly at PH 6.5 after adding all the ingredients, no need for lemon juice or Potassium Bicarbonate.

So my strong lady was fed 10 litres of water with 7ml of Micro and Grow, 15ml of Bloom and CannaBoost, 7 ml of Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree and 1 big dollop of organic raw honey. I left out the CalMag today as I think in future I'll just add that every other feed, I don't want them to have a lockout. I'm also wondering whether anyone would recommend using water and organic raw honey during the final two weeks flush. What do you think?

Here are some pics of the girls and their buds. They seem to be coming along nicely although I still think the buds are a little on the small side, they seem to be getting some sugar coating along the tops now :)

Two girls:

IMGP0794150719ps.jpg

Their juicy budness:

IMGP0795150719ps.jpg
IMGP0799150719ps.jpg
IMGP0805150719ps.jpg

I hope everyone is well and I'm feeling much better than yesterday. It must have been one of those grumpy days that I have now and again. All the best everyone :thumb:

Good post MF!
Kriaze - Molasses should be used for magnesium additive and to feed microbes in soils. When using molasses it should be used in small ammounts. I believe the honey would accomplish the feeding of microbes but no other benifits to your plants. I would stop the use of any additives durring the flush just to be sure you get a clean smoke.
Personally I don't flush my plants. I cant really tell the difference. I switch from full strength to half strength with some bud booster at week 6&7, then feed the quarter strength with terpinator till harvest (usually 9 weeks). I found the extra two weeks of slight nutrients usually help bulk up the flowers and give them the extra nutrients they usually lose durring a true flush. If you want a real flush, just use plain ph'd water for the last week or two. It all comes down to what you want for your stash. The only way you find out how you want it is to experiment.
Disclamer: I have ruined good bud doing stupid stuff at the end of a grow... just don't go overboard with any additives at the end. :)
GB80

Agreed. I use molasses generally twice during flowering. I literally only use 1 drop molasses per gallon of water also. I generally use it around day 21 and then in mid flower. Only plain water flush the last week to 2 weeks before harvest.

Hey fellas thanks for all the input. I'll quit adding the honey then on my run up to flush, I never thought about it affecting the taste of my buds in a bad way.

Hello Tony, I could fit another plant in there but it would affect the yield from these two plants. They're pretty huge so I just want to see what I can get with two under the 1600w :thumb:

Did you have any ideas regarding adding organic raw honey instead of Blackstrap molasses to a feed, or even maybe during final flush?

I use organic honey in lieu of rooting hormone when taking cuttings. My success rate seems to about the same as when I used to use store bought rooting hormone powders and gels.

Hey UncleCannabis I never knew that honey could be used for that. I'm popping some LSD seeds soon which will be cloned and I already bought some rooting powder so I'll give some of them the honey treatment and see how they compare. Cheers, all the best :thumb:

:popcorn:

OK so looking at that I see that at 24" and above the 1600w is in front on LUX readings by a fair old way, but and here's the funny thing, at 30" below the reflectors actually have the higher LUX reading. So from what I'm seeing it looks like for lanky plants the reflector series may be better for penetration below, but how much growth will 4360-4410 lux actually give? Whereas the 30200-30600 lux on the 1600w vs the 11800-14190 lux at 18" would probably mean for scrog the 1600w will blow the reflectors away. If anyone has any thoughts feel free to jump in. All the best :thumb:
Great test Kraize & surprising results.

Don't bin your plants it's not mildew but I don't know what it is. If nothing else, it's worth keeping your plants for the learning curve. Mistakes made now will help you later.
:thumb:

Hey hello all. Today is the day where I will mourn the loss of Lonely Girl.

She has never been happy since I moved her from CFL to LED, I'm guessing she just never agreed with the lights. I went in today and she was in such a pitiful state that I have decided to end it for her. On top of that as I'm particularly unhappy with the Mars Hydro Reflector series I'm tempted not to give them even one more chance to prove themselves. I've never been a fan of having green LED's in a grow light and after my being told constantly that they're not green but warm white and being made to feel like I'm the only one that can see they're green (my wife and a friend of mine are the only other people that see this grow, they must be colour blind and uninformed too as they think they're green) I'm unhappy with the whole fiasco. All I wanted was a little honesty, instead all I got was a pack of fanboy wolves tearing me down so fuck it, the plant is a gonner.

Don't get me wrong, I know that I've made a lot of mistakes but I also should have gone with my gut feeling which was to switch the CFL in during veg as soon as I realised that the plants were stretching and looking tired. I can't blame her death on these lights, but as she is so far gone now it would not be worth me putting in a HPS to finish her off, plus I hate trying to control the temps with HPS. I will be using HPS for my winter grows though. I had to at least try the experience of LED, but rather than go and buy a Mars II 1600w when I felt that the Reflectors were lacking, I should have looked around at other options (I'm reasonably happy with the Mars II, but I still don't think it can beat HPS yet, I'll know more after this harvest and maybe a couple more grows).

Sorry to everyone that uses these lights, this is purely my opinion and my experience watching my plants when I switched the lights out for the reflectors. They're cheap in comparison to other lights and in my opinion there is good reason for that, but each to their own.

OK sorry about the rant, it's just for the last couple of days I've been made to feel like an idiot on the thread and as I don't wish to p*ss everyone off and get banned I'm assuming that I can put my own thoughts down here in my journal, and I apologise to anyone reading this if you are offended. That aside I'll also understand if I end up alone in here and you will all be missed, but I have to have my say.
All the best everyone and once again my apologies. I just wish I could have said all this on another forum, but over there the trees are blue and the sky is red, it feels like la la land. All the best :thumb:
First off, there's no need to apologize. What makes this place so great is the diversity of opinions shared. If there was one right way to grow with one particular source of light that worked for everyone then we all would be growing in the same medium, feeding the same nutes, and using the same lamps. It's hard to believe I was the only one who "liked" that post but again, that's what makes 420mag what it is; diversity.

I'm in and will be following you as you work out the kinks.
By the way, here's a post I read today that should brighten your spirits.
Yep, we're growin' trichs! All that other stuff is just what they grow on. :slide:
:goodluck:

Hope all is good in your world kraize :volcano-smiley: and like i say dont let ppl on there comps get your down. i have no idea what happened with your lights with green LEDs but if you say there green then a bunch of ppl cant change that. i do love my mars reflectors but like B A R said if there was one thing that worked for all then we would all be doing that and as far as the green goes, sometimes the diodes on mine look like they have a green tint but others they actually do look warm white so who knows but it wounds different then whats happening with you. hope you dont think everyone that likes there mars lights is super bi-est but that thread def seems to cater to those that love there lights and aren't always willing to at least take the situation as a one time mistake or whatever. ill still be here looking and watching you progress :Namaste:

:popcorn:

Great test Kraize & surprising results.

:thumb:

First off, there's no need to apologize. What makes this place so great is the diversity of opinions shared. If there was one right way to grow with one particular source of light that worked for everyone then we all would be growing in the same medium, feeding the same nutes, and using the same lamps. It's hard to believe I was the only one who "liked" that post but again, that's what makes 420mag what it is; diversity.

I'm in and will be following you as you work out the kinks.
By the way, here's a post I read today that should brighten your spirits.:goodluck:

Hey B A R I appreciate you dropping in and your kind words. It's true there is a lot of diversity and that's what makes life so wonderful. I'm over the lights already, and to be fair I can't blame the lights for any growing difficulties those problems are all down to me ;) In the meantime I've been watching other people's grows and as I suffer too many temperature problems with HPS I will be getting a new LED for Christmas hopefully, I've been watching a grow on here with this brand and I have to say that I've fallen in love with it. I can't say that it'll make my grows any better, but with some learning and some love the plants will make it to harvest. Your final quote by Graytail is spot on and gave me a giggle. Love to see the humour in this place shine through. Best wishes to you, Babygirl and your beautiful ladies. All the best :thumb:

Hope all is good in your world kraize :volcano-smiley: and like i say dont let ppl on there comps get your down. i have no idea what happened with your lights with green LEDs but if you say there green then a bunch of ppl cant change that. i do love my mars reflectors but like B A R said if there was one thing that worked for all then we would all be doing that and as far as the green goes, sometimes the diodes on mine look like they have a green tint but others they actually do look warm white so who knows but it wounds different then whats happening with you. hope you dont think everyone that likes there mars lights is super bi-est but that thread def seems to cater to those that love there lights and aren't always willing to at least take the situation as a one time mistake or whatever. ill still be here looking and watching you progress :Namaste:

Hey arellanobrian I'm glad to hear that you can still persevere with my ups and down roller coaster grows lol. I'm over those lights already, I left my plant in the tent without the lights on so that it dried up to dispose of and amazingly it actually seemed to revitalise itself. All sorts of new green growth and it was standing up straight as a die looking for the light :jawdropper: I know that it's not a great idea but seeing as it was dead anyway I'm giving it a day of light then a day without until the two girls in the 1600w tent are harvested, then I'll see how she does under that light. I feel like some sort of mad Dr Frankenstein trying to keep it alive, but if she bears fruit then it will more than be worth the effort. Best wishes to you and your girlfriend (I hope she is recovering well after her stay in hospital). All the best :thumb:

Hey arellanobrian I'm glad to hear that you can still persevere with my ups and down roller coaster grows lol. I'm over those lights already, I left my plant in the tent without the lights on so that it dried up to dispose of and amazingly it actually seemed to revitalise itself. All sorts of new green growth and it was standing up straight as a die looking for the light :jawdropper: I know that it's not a great idea but seeing as it was dead anyway I'm giving it a day of light then a day without until the two girls in the 1600w tent are harvested, then I'll see how she does under that light. I feel like some sort of mad Dr Frankenstein trying to keep it alive, but if she bears fruit then it will more than be worth the effort. Best wishes to you and your girlfriend (I hope she is recovering well after her stay in hospital). All the best :thumb:

the girl friend is getting better but still in :( hopfully shell be out in time for CO finest party as i would love to go. thanx for showing real interest and cant wait to see what lights you go with :smokin:

FrankenBud

FrankenBud

That sounds like a great nickname, do you think the Moderators will let me change my name here? I could do with something funky like that lol. Update on it's way as I think one of these ladies is ready. I just had a look through the microscope and I'm seeing plenty of amber on the poorly one. I also forgot that clones tend to be ready earlier if what I read is true, that would make these 7 and a half weeks in 12/12. I would have preferred longer as there isn't really much sugar but that could just be the fact that it's a different strain from the LSD which I really enjoy. I'm planting more of those as soon as the tent is empty and I've cleaned up. Anyway I digress, let me upload some pictures and we'll see how they look :)

Just as a quick addition I have to wonder whether a lighting routine that almost kills them and then perks them up would actually work like knuckling (I think that's the term) and make the buds produce more terpines. This is all conjecture of course and I may have my facts wrong in that knuckling doesn't work, I'll have a search later to see if I can find any threads on that. I get the feeling that it would just make them hermaphrodite but I'm also wondering if it's done late enough in flower whether it would have any effect on the resin, THC, CBD etc production. Just a thought but you may see why I'm thinking along those lines when I post the pics of the poorly girl versus the strong girl pictures. There's definitely a difference in some form of production, maybe it's just that senesence causes the plant to go into turbo production mode. Back soon, all the best :thumb:

OK incoming wall of trichome pics. As a recap these are both Plushberry clones from the same plant and evberything is done the same except for the fact that one was in a bigger pot and collapsed in on itself awhile back. Fixed that easily enough with some good solid plastic coated bamboo supports and a damn good flushing. So they're on day 54 since the 12/12 flip and the trichomes are looking ready if not past ready on the poorly girl, not so ready on the strong girl. I'd love to give them more time as the buds aren't particularly fat although dense, and there's not really much sugar around, in fact I would say there's a dearth of sugar in comparison to my last grow (still smoking ;) ). But as I stated earlier in the journal this could be down to genetics. I've ruled out problems created by me as the LSD had much worse treatment than these ladies, although maybe these watery AN nutes that I'm using aren't as good as the tomato feed that I used on the first grow lol. I'm making no judgements on that though until I run the exact same genetics with these nutrients again.

OK here are the pics which have opened up my way of thinking in regards to early onset of senescence (death of a plant for those unsure) affecting trichome production rates. Here we go:

Poorly Girl and to me she's looking ready for harvest:

IMGP0843.JPG
IMGP08461.JPG
IMGP08471.JPG
IMGP08491.JPG
IMGP08501.JPG

Here are the strong girl's trichomes. She looks quite a way behind regarding the amber trichome count:

IMGP08561.JPG
IMGP08571.JPG
IMGP08591.JPG
IMGP0860.JPG
IMGP0862.JPG
IMGP0865.JPG

So this raises a number of questions to me:

1. First and foremost should I be harvesting Poorly girl? All input is appreciated as ever :) I would prefer to give her at least a two weeks flush which I haven't done, although she has only had the one feed since her big 'saving her life' flush.

2. Does the fact that she nearly died affect the maturity rate of her trichomes. This to me would mean a great deal as I'm not growing for quantity, just a stealthy grow that I would wish to be finished as quick as possible with the best quality yield

3. On my next grow should I actually give this a try? I'm thinking that in the final few weeks (which seems to be where I always go wrong) I should use a forced form of senescence on one of my plants to see whether it affects trichome production in anyway. If this has been done before then please feel free to point it out, I don't want to make any unnecessary mistakes whilst playing with my plants. Bear in mind though that I will reiterate the fact that yield has no impact on my grows within reason, I'm just looking for speed of maturity and a beautiful quality smoke.

Please jump in whether you're new or old to growing with your thoughts, we could be on to something here, although as a new grower I'm guessing these ideas are years behind :rofl:. Still, it all makes for a fun grow and I don't mind losing out on a few plants now that I have a bit of medicine to fall back on.

Peace love and happiness to you all, I hope you can accept my ramblings in a positive way even though I may lessen my yields by doing this. Best wishes to you all :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom