THC Bombs Auto X 5 - All In A Super Duper Nutty Soil

No problem Medfarmer, sharing info helps us all to become better at what we do :hookah:

I've been interested in Autos ever since I was sent some auto beans so read up on a couple grows. Now three of them decorate my deck as youngsters. Looks like I should keep them in smaller pots according to what you found.

Thinking I should save some pollen from one of my guys. Why do you keep them in rice? Does it knock the pollen off?

:green_heart:

Hi Professor, just dropped by to take a peek at what you are up to.

Light cycle has no effect on true autoflowers. The flowering is actually triggered by the root system.

I discovered this when I planted 7 auto's but only had 5 pots the same size so 2 went into pots which were much smaller. The ones in the small pots flowered ages before the ones in the bigger pots. I then replicated the experiment only this time I used 4 plants, 2 in big pots and 2 in forestry tubes. The tubes flowered very quickly and the big pots just kept growing.

The conclusion I came to was that as soon as the auto gets a bit rootbound it flowers.

Learned something here! Thanks a lot!

Thinking I should save some pollen from one of my guys. Why do you keep them in rice? Does it knock the pollen off?

The rice is used to dry out the pollen as it absorbs moisture. You'll need to separate the vegetable matter from the pollen first though. A simple way is to just grind up the pollen sacks in one of those little circular hand grinders. The pollen will fall through the screen in the bottom.

Bake the rice in the oven to dry it out, then pop pollen into a jar with rice as Professor has done. For long term storage it can be frozen.

i guess thats why people dont like to transplant autos as their roots hit the edge of one pot then they have to regrow in the next bigger pot , , these bombs where started in small pots and moved to bigger ones , first time i tried and yeahh i can say it slows them down to zero flower growth for ages

Just lurking (hi Paddymate!) and i saw this. Don't want to disagree, but I'm not seeing that with regards to being rootbound or a smaller can. This grow or in the past,,,, right now I have three same strain autos going and the one in the biggest can started flowering first, it was also LSTd and not topped like the others so perhaps that is a reason. But, it will finish first of the three. The other two started in small three gallon smartpots maybe the fact that they were initially SWICKd slowed them down,, but they were slow enough that I had time to upcan them into seven gallon smart pots before they flowered. Meanwhile the only one in a plastic 6 gallon was flowering away. I have found the biggest can the better,, in terms of yield. I'm liking 6gallon or more.

just my two cents,, i think a lot is strain dependent and that's so unpredictable with autos. Last grow with six autos, the slowest to flower was in a three gallon gallon smart pot

here is a pick of the three im growing now.....

20150716_091422.jpg

Hi Professor, just dropped by to take a peek at what you are up to.

Light cycle has no effect on true autoflowers. The flowering is actually triggered by the root system.

I discovered this when I planted 7 auto's but only had 5 pots the same size so 2 went into pots which were much smaller. The ones in the small pots flowered ages before the ones in the bigger pots. I then replicated the experiment only this time I used 4 plants, 2 in big pots and 2 in forestry tubes. The tubes flowered very quickly and the big pots just kept growing.

The conclusion I came to was that as soon as the auto gets a bit rootbound it flowers.

Just lurking (hi Paddymate!) and i saw this. Don't want to disagree, but I'm not seeing that with regards to being rootbound or a smaller can. This grow or in the past,,,, right now I have three same strain autos going and the one in the biggest can started flowering first, it was also LSTd and not topped like the others so perhaps that is a reason. But, it will finish first of the three. The other two started in small three gallon smartpots maybe the fact that they were initially SWICKd slowed them down,, but they were slow enough that I had time to upcan them into seven gallon smart pots before they flowered. Meanwhile the only one in a plastic 6 gallon was flowering away. I have found the biggest can the better,, in terms of yield. I'm liking 6gallon or more.

just my two cents,, i think a lot is strain dependent and that's so unpredictable with autos. Last grow with six autos, the slowest to flower was in a three gallon gallon smart pot

I agree, different plants, different results. Bigger pots will always give better yield. In my experiment the big pot was about 1 gallon,( 4 ltr ) and the small pot was 1/4 gallon ( 750 ml ). They were grown in coco in a dtw system.

I've been interested in Autos ever since I was sent some auto beans so read up on a couple grows. Now three of them decorate my deck as youngsters. Looks like I should keep them in smaller pots according to what you found.

And I came up with the opposite plan from the same data. Plant autos in 10 gal pots so they can grow BIG !

And I came up with the opposite plan from the same data. Plant autos in 10 gal pots so they can grow BIG !

Autos are fun, but they are like a box of chocolates.... the one thing i consistently see from growers of them is big cans. Good soil and big cans and they are,, automatic .... :)

My positive experience with autos my first grow was partly due to the fact that I planted into 7 gallon pots. Bigger pots = bigger yields with autos.

Really nice photo's there. Nice looking trichomes as well. :thumb:

Really nice photo's there. Nice looking trichomes as well. :thumb:

Thank you , this plant was kind of in the way from day dot, just kept growing north , almost touching my lights , i had to keep my light high just to suet her , i had to cut half the main cola to stop it in its tracks but she did back build a bit to make up for it .

Back
Top Bottom