Well, I'm a bit late with it...but I had a GREAT 420! Thanks all of you for keeping this thread going. I hope to have some things to share very soon now that I can grow again. Now I'm going to go back and look at all that yummy food around here.

:yahoo:

Cannafan! Welcome back!!! WooHoo!!! Everyone's going to be soooo excited. We missed you. :love:

DrZiggy has been doing you proud with edibles. :laughtwo:

In celebration of Cannafan's return I whipped up a batch of One Pot Buttery Brownies.

image24084.jpg

I swear there was a whole piece there when I set up the shot! :laughtwo::green_heart:

Hi Folks, hopefully someone here can answer this question by a member:

I just have one question. If I understand decarbing, it all has to do with the heating of the weed. So, if you are going to be cooking with it--like in this recipe, heating it in oil for an hour or more--and then adding the oil to the brownie mix, and then cooking it again, what actual purpose does doing that separate decarbing step in the recipe? I doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks

This was left on my blog under a recipe post a couple months ago, I am not familiar enough with the process to be able to answer this. I know how to decarb....

Thanks!

Hi Folks, hopefully someone here can answer this question by a member:

This was left on my blog under a recipe post a couple months ago, I am not familiar enough with the process to be able to answer this. I know how to decarb....

Thanks!

I can't speak authoritatively on the science of it, but I know from my personal experience that the decarboxylating stage does increase the effect in the end. I reason that the controlled decarb assures the potency of the cannabis material. When you simply add the plant material to a recipe and cook without decarbing you can't be certain that the process was complete. It's the temp control that causes the efficient decarboxylation.

Is the concern that you'd be overdoing the process by what appears to be double cooking? I haven't seen any evidence of that in my own experience. The decarb process is the fine control to the process.

I hope that helped. While I was researching I came across these links to The Stoner's Cookbook. Don't know if we have these already posted in the thread, but you can't go wrong by double posting them. Enjoy.

How to Decarboxylate Weed - The Stoner's Cookbook

10 Recipes to Extract & Decarboxylate your Weed

:Namaste:

Thanks Sue!
I also understand that prior decarbing helps the thc to stick to the fat in the oil or butter that will be used during cooking. So between what you posted and that info, it should kind of help clear it up. ;-) It's all a bit too involved for me, but I think we have the jest of it.
I LOVE the Stoners' Cookbook. I got to that a couple years ago and reference it often.
Thanks for posting those links!
:circle-of-love:

SweetSue recommended I add my CannaPasta recipe here (Thanks Sue!)

First my standard pasta recipe (enough for four servings, or one lasagne - can be halved, doubled, etc.)

2 cups flour of your choice (Semolina* is great and traditional. Regular all-purpose flour works just fine. Whole wheat works but you will need a little more water and the texture is "off")
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs at room temp
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons water, or as needed

*Semolina comes in two different grinds. One is like flour. That is what you want. The other common type is more granular - almost like fine-ground polenta. It will work in small amounts - maybe 1/3 of the total flour, but remains slightly grainy/chewy.

Mix flour and salt together on a clean work surface. Push it into a mound. Create a well or hole in the middle of the mound. Mix all wet ingredients, whisk together, then pour into flour well. Slowly work the flour into the center with a fork so that the flour absorbs the wet but you don't lose containment of the wet stuff. Soon enough it will all be incorporated.

Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit for about 1/2 hour. This lets the flour hydrate. Now you need to knead the dough, either by hand or with a dough hook on a studly mixer. Continue kneading until uniform, elastic, and a little glossy. With good technique this takes 5-10 minutes. Add more water by the teaspoon, if dough is crumbly (careful - it takes a while for the water to take effect and it only takes a little too much to make the dough sticky. Add more flour if this happens). Wrap dough again and either refrigerate until ready to use, and/or let rest at room temp for 1 hour. Either with a pasta roller or rolling pin roll pasta to desired thickness (thin). Cut to desired shape. Fresh pasta cooks quick - just a few minutes in boiling, salted water.

The only thing different about cannapasta is, leave out the olive oil since the decarb'd cannabis already has plenty of oil in it. In fact you need to remove as much of the oil as possible to keep the pasta from being too oily. For one full recipe of the pasta above, I used about 1/2 oz. of sugar leaves, finely ground. How much to add depends on how potent your herb is and how strong you want the pasta. You could certainly add more or less. I decarb'd it in a little olive oil placed over a double boiler. I live at about 2,200 feet elevation. A double boiler never gets above 208 F / 98 C. I let it simmer for about two hours and then cool. I'm new to this so that may not be the optimum time or method. But for this purpose it worked great. The hardest part is getting the oil out.

This is the same recipe I use for spinach pasta. The only difference with spinach is, you will use the oil given in the recipe but omit the water. If I'm using frozen, chopped spinach, you can use one full box (like 10 oz?). Thaw and squeeze the bejezzus out of it to remove all the water possible.

To my sauce I added fresh veggies from the garden and wild mushrooms we foraged (the wife is a veggie): peas, zucchini, morels.

20150614_135137.jpg

20150615_140652.jpg

20150615_141030.jpg

20150615_142251.jpg

Cheers and bon apetit!

Great Recipe MajorPITA!!
I am a pasta-holic, so this is going into my recipe box straight away. :circle-of-love:
I would love to forage for Morels, they are very hard to find where I am. I envy you! Such a delicacy and completely non-affordable to buy them.

Thanks so much for posting that. As soon as I get some buds, I'm getting back to cooking with my favorite ingredient too.

:love:

Question for the Magic Butter Machine users. Would it be safe to make Cannacheese in it?

Yes, I was thinking of using it for Mac & Cheese.

Cola Monster asked me to help him out and repost this here. Doesn't this look unbelievably delicious? Mmmmmmm.

For those of you who like to cook with cannabis here's an old family recipe that stands the test of time. Some of the best tasting BBQ chicken I've ever eaten and with a kick of cannabis oil it gets even better in my opinion. Plated photos and ingredients posted below!

Have a good evening all!:high-five:

Skillet_Barbecue_Chicken.JPG

Skillet_Barbecue_Chicken_Corn.JPG

Cannabis Infused Skillet Barbecued Chicken

1 1/2 Cups - Cannabis Infused Oil - Salad or Vegetable
1 Cup - Vinegar
1 Cup - Brown Sugar
2 Cups - Ketchup
2 Tablespoons - Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon - Garlic Salt
2 Tablespoons - Salt
1 Tablespoon - Pepper
1 Tablespoon - Celery Seed
1 Tablespoon - Parsley Flakes
1 1/2 Cups - Water

Pour over whatever Chicken, Pork, or Beef pieces you so choose to use then simmer on medium heat/flame for around 40-45 minutes depending on the size and thickness of portions. Enjoy!:peace:

Yes, I was thinking of using it for Mac & Cheese.

My Mac & Cheese Casserole recipe starts with a basic white sauce using 3-4 TBS of butter. Would that be enough cannabis, if it was a potent batch of cannabutter?

edit Every now and then I get a taste for Mac & Cheese out of a box, and it just occurred to me how nice it would be to use cannabutter for that. :laughtwo:

Partner, I really have no idea if you can put cheese in it. Never really used mine for anything except tincture and such...herbs.

Sue, if you like Kraft Mac n cheese.....I found a new way for the left overs to make it taste even better.

Throw some olive oil in a pan, (Canna infused olive oil would be the bomb on this!) get it good and hot, then put a bunch of the mac-n-cheese in there. Let it get a little color, then put some absolutely positively real grated parmesan cheese in it. I like to flip it over so the cheese is at the bottom of the pan and gets a nice little crispy brown while I top with more cheese and then flip that around.

It is soooooo good.

:)

Me and that box I have in the kitchen. Tomorrow. Thank you Canna. :laughtwo:

We make our mac & cheese the old fashioned way: Boiled macaroni, diced onions, and shredded cheese. That's it, no other ingredients. Just stir & bake. The more variety of cheeses the better.

Oh yeah, and sprinkle paprika on the top when done.

We make our mac & cheese the old fashioned way: Boiled macaroni, diced onions, and shredded cheese. That's it, no other ingredients. Just stir & bake. The more variety of cheeses the better.

Oh yeah, and sprinkle paprika on the top when done.

Yum. Never tried without the base sauce. Haha! I think I'll have to try this. Now I understand your question about canna cheese.

Back
Top Bottom