The Comprehensive

Very very very lush plants. I love how happy they look. Keep doin ur thing bro :goodjob::thumb:

You have beautiful girls and are they ever happy! Welcome to 420Magazine, I am pretty new here too and I love this place, great people, great info.

:bravo:+rep

:peace: from the mountains.

000_0147.JPG

Here's the update on the vegging chamber one week later. The Mother has been transplanted into her wide mouth 5 gallon bucket and the two late rooters have been transplanted into a 3 gallon CAP Gro Pot for the runt and a 5 gallon Gro Pot for the other clone.
The little lady in the 5 gallon gro pot is coming on strong and may put herself in contention for the title of Mother. The plant in the 3 gallon gro pot will be moved to flower today.

000_01481.JPG

In the second pic we see the progress of the other six clones in flower now for one week.

This next pic is what Marijuana cultivation is all about for me. Making her debut in the threads is a 4th generation WW Mother Plant. She has been in the back ground of a few of my pics and now she's ready for all to see. This Queen is stacked and I hope to have her in contention for plant of the month for March or April. She is on schedule for a 4/20 harvest date.

000_0149.JPG

Made a supply house run today and got a new toy for the ladies!
This is one of those CO2 boost buckets that uses the mushroom compost exausted thru an air pump and onto the plants. It seems simple enough and alot cleaner than a sugar/yeast concoction.
I'm hoping for some increase in yields but I'm not expecting too much. With the air system dialed in better than it ever has been, the exaust blower runs less frequently so I thought I could get some CO2 in there to do some business.
The only other two ways I can consider using gas is thru a tank set up which would be a money pit for me or to seal it all up and go for the bad ass water cooled generator from Hydro Innovations but I think that machine would be way too much machismo for my small farm.
So I ended up going with this set up. Start up cost is $135 and I have to buy another bucket every 90 days for $110. The cool thing about my supply house is I can sell them my used gear I dont use anymore so my actual start up cost for this was only $23!:slide:
If I dont notice an improvement in my garden with this first run the whole idea will be scrapped and I'll go back to the drawing board for a comprehensive CO2 application.:smokin:
000_0152.JPG

Thanks Butcher!
These things have always had my curiosity but I could never pull the trigger on one 'till now. The things that sold me on it was that these have been around for awhile so if they were garbage, I would think they would stop carrying them. Plus charging $135 for something that costs maybe a buck or two to make says it might be worthwhile but you never know.
The guys at my shop who I trust alot say they get alot of good feedback on them. People have been buying the refill buckets so I figured what the heck, try it out.
I definately will be writing a product review after harvest to see what if any increases in yield there are for my garden from using this bucket deal.:bong:

That's exactly how CO2 Boost says to apply it for more than 1 plant so I have the end of the tube attached to a small 6 inch fan blowing across the top 8 inches of the garden.
I highly doubt it will get the ppm up there like a generator but it should definately boost the ppm to be a bit better than the fresh air coming in.

I used it for my second ever indoor crop in 1997. I used the bottled gas set up on a timer solenoid. You basically use an equation from Hydrofarm to figure out how long the timer stayed on at a certain release pressure. It made my buds the size of footballs but it was very expensive to run plus alot of trips to Praxair for refills. It just got to be such a hassle I quit using it and downsized my garden.:smokin:

:slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide:
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Well it's harvest time! The two ladies in my first pic are ready and have been clipped and cleaned! For two 22 inch plants the yield looks like it will be around 1 1/2-2 oz plus about a 1/2oz of quality snowy leaf. The buds pictured here are from my plant of the month contestant.:ganjamon:

000_01591.JPG

Thanks for stepping into my realm Lil Neut!
I have'nt yet come to a conclusion on it yet but I think the LEDs may have something to do with the top of the buds getting a purple or pinkish hue to them. It may just be the reaction the resin has to the LED, I dont know.
I'm not convinced that inexpensive LEDs can grow a quality harvest on their own but I think they definately have a place for increasing potency in any garden application. Trichromes just seem to colonize a bud much more aggressively when LEDs are used.

Here's the weekly update on the ladies! The first pic shows the six clones 3 weeks into flowering. You can clearly see that they have emerged from preflower in excellent health and are beginning to stack up the colas. Resin is already starting to lightly dust the little buds.
000_01601.JPG

The next pic is of my strawberry pot. The pic is cropped heavily but in the small black pots next to the big berry pot are berry roots from the same bag in the same OF soil planted on the same day. The only difference between the two are the little black pots have been out in a greenhouse and the big berry pot has been in my flowering hut.
The difference is absolutely phenominal! This is what can happen when the perfect consistent conditions of light, water, air, & nutes can do compared to the inconsistent weather patterns found in nature.
000_01611.JPG

:yummy: Time for the weekly update!
Ther's alot going on this week in the comprehensive.
Spring is here in the South so the cooling apparatus is going to have the cooler hooked up and the room will be converted to Summer time settings.
New clones have been taken for a Superoots Air Pot product test grow and I'm also using an LED for the clones to see how that works out. Hopefully it works and I can dump the large cfl I've been using to reduce energy consumption and heat.

On to the picture show!
Here is the Botanicare clone machine loaded with nine cuttings. The pump crapped out this morning so I had to make a supply shop run for a new one and now it's as good as new!
000_0193.JPG

000_01961.JPG

This next pic is of the two plants in the vegging chamber. On the left is an Air Pot plant and on the right is the clone donating Mother
000_0200.JPG

Next we have a series a shots taken of the bloom hut. You can see how eight plants have filled up the entire 4x4 grow space. It's like Little Shop of Horrors or something!
The CO2 Boost Bucket is making an impact adding more bio mass to the plants than what should be expected at this point in their lives.
The Queen Mother's buds have grown to be so heavy that they flop over. I had to string them up to keep her developing properly. This usually happens at the 7 week point in maturity, not week 5 like it is now with the CO2.
000_0201.JPG

000_02021.JPG

000_0203.JPG

000_0204.JPG

:peace::Rasta::ganjamon::yummy:

Back
Top Bottom