The New Autoflower Topping Thread

So you ripped once? Or multiple times? If so when? How often

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I always top only once. The NL I did I topped again once they reached the edge of the pot. But that was only because I new I had enough time for it to reboot before flower started. It was the 2nd run and 6th plant of the same strain that i grew. So for starter's I say say top once and train out.

KiG :green_heart:

I always top only once. The NL I did I topped again once they reached the edge of the pot. But that was only because I new I had enough time for it to reboot before flower started. It was the 2nd run and 6th plant of the same strain that i grew. So for starter's I say say top once and train out.

KiG :green_heart:

I agree with you Snid. The amount of time it takes for recovery for a plant to be topped twice is substantial. Usually 1-2 weeks per topping. Autoflowers do not have this time to sit in veg and recover so...time is of the essence with autos. Luckily when you top autos early, they do not seem to slow down...or else even one topping would slow them down so much it may not be worth it.

Pony-tailing is a technique in which you take the uppermost growth and essentially put it into a ponytail. It closes up the top of the plant and allows lower nodes/bud sites to receive more light than they would have otherwise due to the upper growth shading and absorbing all of the lite. Essentially it stimulates secondary growth. I think there are some pics in my journal and also around the forum. Check it out. I've had pretty good results!!

That sounds like it would be really helpful. Is it OK to combine some of these training techniques? Like can you do topping, low stress training, and pony tailing on the same plant? Or is that too much?I definitely made some mistakes on my first bro and I want to do things better next time.

I have topped, lst, broke branches...lot of defol...I did it all...she has responded well to all of it....dont be afraid..be gentle :thumb:

20170122_222219.jpg

20170123_011129.jpg

:circle-of-love:

That sounds like it would be really helpful. Is it OK to combine some of these training techniques? Like can you do topping, low stress training, and pony tailing on the same plant? Or is that too much?I definitely made some mistakes on my first bro and I want to do things better next time.

It most definitely is!!! I have topped, defoliated, LST'd and ponyed up all 3 of my girls with no ill effect.

We seem to be on parallel paths, BC. I'm two days into a clone attempt using Dip'n'Grow rooting concentrate. It is in a Rapid Rooter under a humidity dome, aka., glass bowl. :)
Fingers crossed!

f78c6f68b3856a9f7c7565b38d945a4a.jpg

a4ec97cc4b6428d1286aeefd24a7b7ec.jpg

Hello all :ciao:

Time for clone your auto 2.0..lol

Well the last time I tried this I didn't have any rooting powder or gel....this time I do
20170125_231153.jpg

I think its a little late to try this as she is 45 days old but we will see what happens anyway :thumb:

We seem to be on parallel paths, BC. I'm two days into a clone attempt using Dip'n'Grow rooting concentrate. It is in a Rapid Rooter under a humidity dome, aka., glass bowl. :)
Fingers crossed!

f78c6f68b3856a9f7c7565b38d945a4a.jpg
Great stuff guys, some auto experimentation is happening now.. :thumb: Bckush not sure if it will grow any but that bud should finish up. And Rider, yours will be one to watch if it takes. Is that the stalk from the topping? Good luck to both of you, glad your curiosity is helping others. :thanks:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Yep, I have dark plans for the topping. Somewhere the question was asked about cloning an auto and the consensus was that the clone would be on the same ruderalis timeline as the mother. The mother wasn't showing signs of pre-flower so if the consensus was right we should see this clone go into pre-flower once it (if it) recovers.
I really hope it doesn't go into flower right away! I'd like to see it veg into a nice big plant before giving in to genetics.

Hey gang, how long of a delay / recovery do you guys usually experience after topping?

I didn't experience any delay....but I transplanted and topped on the same day and a week later the plant was three times the size.

No delay for me either. It didn't seem to bother the plants at all. Damned things grow like weeds.

Definitely seems as though mine have slowed down, but then again I think I accidentally FIM'd them.

What cloning solution did you use I'm thinking clonex I'm going to try mine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I used a powder a friend gave me...not sure what it is but I've had it for years...I tried clonex gel on some photo clones and only one of 5 clones took root, the powder was 5 for 5...I dont know

Back
Top Bottom