TheBlaze's LED & HPS Grow - Coco & Perlite

So this is where you are hiding! :high-five:

That Lemon OG Kush is right up my alley as you know so once again I am drooling over your always fantastic choices. So you have tasted the LED kool aid eh? I need to catch up and see how you like them. Too bad on the Skywalkers though.

Sorry to be such a stranger. :love:
Bob ;)

LOL! Yeah, a fast forward button would be great. Just 3 more months. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have yet to see a journal showing the ET version. Do you know of any bud?

I REALLY wish I could fast forward VEG at the very least :)

That's what I remembered, but I might be confusing it with the Crack battle, which was the Green Crack by HSO and ET....my brain needs some cannabis. :volcano-smiley:

The crack battle. LOL! I picture 2 crack hos going at it for the next fix.

I didn't notice you opened a new thread Blaze! Nice strains, I'm looking on that Lemon OG Kush from DNA,cause it will be one of my future strains to grow, for sure! :high-five:

I hope I can put on a good show for you then bud. Seems quite a few people are interested in that strain.

Yeah, brightlight grew it out.

Did you ever finish the 91 Krypt Blaze? I can't find any finished journals if that one.

Sorry for not answering earlier Doc. That grow turned out to be a massive flop. Just about everything that could go wrong, did. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at that strain again though in the not-too-distant-future.

So this is where you are hiding! :high-five:

That Lemon OG Kush is right up my alley as you know so once again I am drooling over your always fantastic choices. So you have tasted the LED kool aid eh? I need to catch up and see how you like them. Too bad on the Skywalkers though.

Sorry to be such a stranger. :love:
Bob ;)

Hey Bob! Good to have you around here. I'm also very keen on the lemon OG. I can't wait to see how they perform. So far so good. They seem quite vigorous.

I decided to add more LED after the fantastic results I got with the last run. The potency is next level!

I REALLY wish I could fast forward VEG at the very least :)

You find a way to do that and you will be the first Cannabis Billionaire.

Always said I liked your style of growing. I am cottoning on to the same philosophy.

Always said I liked your style of growing. I am cottoning on to the same philosophy.

Thanks Blazebrother, and I like yours :high-five: I've found that more photons are more important than spectrum width, but if you can have both, you can get lazy with some other stuff - and THAT is my style :rofl:

UPDATE

Day 22 and 15

Topped the bigger plants yesterday. Will wait a few days and then I need to up-pot those 4.

All going well, except what looks like a calcium deficiency on a few plants. Hit them all with some calmag this morning.

20160526_081957.jpg

Looking good Blaze.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

hanks Miller. They're not growing as fast as the previous round, but that is because of the new bulb. Shows what a difference a decent bulb can make.

When do you guys think I should add the new LED lights? Late veg, or only in bloom?

As soon as possible. There will be some shock when you first add the LEDs. It will be very good to get that out of the way prior to flipping. You want them running through the flip and not stalling. I'd let them get about twice as big as they are now. They are looking great Blaze!

As soon as possible. There will be some shock when you first add the LEDs. It will be very good to get that out of the way prior to flipping. You want them running through the flip and not stalling. I'd let them get about twice as big as they are now. They are looking great Blaze!
I wasn't aware of that and changed to led when I flipped to 12/12. Should I have changed to led before switching to 12/12 and if so, how long is ideal?
I found CFL's were better to start with than my LED but the plants seem to love it in flower.

In my experience you need to adjust them to the led lights. 2 weeks seems to be the sweet spot for me. 3 weeks is even better. Now days I set them at the edge of the tent and move them closer to the LEDs every other day. If they show stress, I move them back a little. I just keep doing that until they begin to thrive under the LED. YMMV

When going from CFL or T5-HO, LED lights are super intense. When I first started growing under them I used to freak out and thought they were dying lol. Now I know they just need an adjustment period. This is just my experience.

In my experience you need to adjust them to the led lights. 2 weeks seems to be the sweet spot for me. 3 weeks is even better. Now days I set them at the edge of the tent and move them closer to the LEDs every other day. If they show stress, I move them back a little. I just keep doing that until they begin to thrive under the LED. YMMV

When going from CFL or T5-HO, LED lights are super intense. When I first started growing under them I used to freak out and thought they were dying lol. Now I know they just need an adjustment period. This is just my experience.

Very interesting. I am only on my second grow so hadn't noticed any stress, but not sure what to look for entirely.
I will give your method a go next time as it makes a lot of sense.

When you say you set them at the edge of the tent, do you mean to put the LED's to their full height and remove your vege lights entirely, or keep the vege lights and gradually introduce the LED from the sides of the tent and slowly move them directly over the plants?

Hope that made sense lol

Thanks Doc! I will do as you suggested then. In about 2 weeks, I will start introducing the LED. I can't wait. Those suckers are quite bright.

I wasn't going to update today, but the plants were looking happy so I took a quick pic.

Day 23 and 16

20160527_072305.jpg

I always go from CFL or T5-HO directly to LED. If you do the gradual thing you shouldn't notice any shock. Mine get really humble looking unless I raise the lights to the top of the tent and set them at the edges of the tent. The gradual thing is something I never thought of.

Thanks guys! I love this forum. :love:

Back
Top Bottom