TheDaveAbides - Blue Dream - Indoor - Soil - Traditional HID

dave/dude -- I just read your very beautiful post in the MOTY thread and had to come by and learn more about you and your journey. That was incredible, and so true. Kudos to you, man.

And that rug really tied the room together :)

:Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words, man. Always glad to have a fellow dude on board :welcome:

02/02/2016 - Flowering Day 45

Final couple of weeks are all that's left and the girls are looking delicious. The terpine profile has really taken shape (says my nose) and it's a very sweet scent. They are pretty well lollipopped at this point (not something I regularly endorse) so the bottom stuff is pretty haggard looking. Just pretend that's not there =P

0202160844.jpg

0202160844_HDR.jpg

0202160844c.jpg

0229160834.jpg

Here's another good one :drool:

0127162310a.jpg

Girls are looking great Dave! Congrats man. I have to confess when I read about the extension, I thought, "oh man, that's too little, too late!" But I was wrong and your going to be rewarded nicely for your efforts.

Be well and happy growing brother!

:party::party:HARVEST TIME!!!:party::party:

redacted2.jpg

Girls got a little tall

0205162038.jpg

I couldn't have been happier with having to cut a little early =P

redacted3.jpg

There is some beautiful color in them and the tops, while not what they could be, were not a total disappointment in size (that's a tallboy can)

0206160129.jpg

Now, how to conquer 2 liter bottle girth

0206160128a.jpg

Grateful and excited to do better next time :circle-of-love:

Everything has been drying for a couple of days so I'll be back in a couple/few more with some dry weight information. The hanging buds are smelling delicious and promise a very sweet/floral/citrus finish. I can live with that. The trim looks like green frosted flakes so I'm strongly considering doing dry sift for some full melt this time around - good excuse to treat myself to a Bubblebox :idea: Let's hope the fellas agree.

That's it from us for a few days while everyone gets some rest and gets reset for next week. The next adventure will be 2 sites, one of which will be a 2 tent perpetual cycle if we can get it dialed in. Thank you all for the encouragement and advice along the way and I truly hope to see everyone along for the next step.

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Oh, Dave! That's a beautiful harvest -- I love the beautifully-trimmed branches drying and the look of (justifiable) pride on your face :) And I can't wait to see the hash you make with your trim. Dry sift is my next adventure, too -- I love the bubble boxes (also the less expensive RYOT shaker/kief boxes) but I want to experiment with different screens (fiber and metal) and maybe make my own box :) And by "make" I mean wheedle my woodworker husband into building it ... heh heh heh

What's your drying/curing process?

Cheers, Dude!

:passitleft:

THE WEIGH IN

We ended up with 179 grams of dry buds and about 3 ounces of the 'good' trim. Not quite the harvest I was hoping for but plenty to be thankful for and we learned a lot during this grow. It was a good run and we're ready to start the next.

0218161946.jpg

0218161947.jpg

0209161527b.jpg

Congrats Dave,

Very respectable results from your efforts. Congrats. I'd love hear a smoke report once cured. Oh heck, I suspect you've snagged a nug to sample prior to curing and would enjoy hearing a pre-cure/post cure comparison as well. I've never tried Blue Dream but am really interested in your results.

Please be sure to link any new journals to this one so I can find you and follow along earlier in the grow for your next round.

Be well and happy growing!

Those look like some tasty buds though. Well done bro.

What's next?

So, to answer your question: I am cracking seeds any day now (SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS) on a strain called Quantum Kush that comes from HNW here in Oregon (that's Homegrown Natural Wonders if anyone is interested in checking them out). A much more advanced and very successful acquaintance of mine (owns a local dispensary and extracts outfit) grew from these same seeds and produced a 30.8% :jawdropper: product that I was treated to for Christmas. It's a Sweet Irish Kush x Timewreck cross and the SIK flavor is all over it. Needless to say, I am bursting with anticipation.

Beyond that, my partner and financial backer treated us to 2 more tents, 3 more lights and some other expansion related goodies for this next round, so I'm eager to take what I've learned and make a run for 30%. Of course, I'd rather have the exquisite flavors and odors of a perfectly cured package of terpine goodness than a bunch of big numbers on the lab report......but why not both? :drool:

Thanks for riding along and I hope to see you along for the next one =)

Congrats Dave,

Very respectable results from your efforts. Congrats. I'd love hear a smoke report once cured. Oh heck, I suspect you've snagged a nug to sample prior to curing and would enjoy hearing a pre-cure/post cure comparison as well. I've never tried Blue Dream but am really interested in your results.

Please be sure to link any new journals to this one so I can find you and follow along earlier in the grow for your next round.

Be well and happy growing!

Thanks a ton! All the support and encouragement goes a long way :high-five:

I love interacting with you folks and I hope to develop new habits of interacting with all of you more often, being a friend of the community rather than just a member. I will get the new link in there today (best laid plans clause invoked) so I don't lose anyone in the move.

As for the taste tests - you assume correctly. We snapped a little bud off as soon as it was dry and tasted a small bowl. The flavor was hot and raspy, chlorophyll yuk, BUT the effectiveness of it needed nothing from the curing process in order to be powerful and satisfying. I've tasted it twice more in these 2 weeks or so of curing and am pleased to report that it's flavor and odor profile is taking great shape. The meds are very heady (literally, it's felt almost entirely in the head) and are really good for laying a thick fog over an overly busy brain. However, Blue Dream is well known for inducing nasty paranoia in patients who deal with anxiety/panic issues, so I will not be using it regularly. It is great medicine for other people with different needs, just not so much for me. This next run - I'm gonna be all over this shit :lot-o-toke:

Damn man, that strain sounds fantastic. Never heard of SIK though. Will have to do some reading up. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom