Dataudio's Indoor Blue Dream, 5x5 SCROG, 2 x 600W HID

Dat,

I just wanted to jump in and say again... bravo. Stellar grow, my friend. Some of the old timers around here should take note.

I vote for you for best new grower of 2014.

PS, that little LED light will work good for a night light in your kid's room :rofl:

Cap

:tommy:ba dum tss!

It wasn't getting any love since my wife moved her sunflower and plumeria out of the small tent so figured why not. It's adding extra spectrum in the 430-475nm, 620-630nm, 660nm and 730nm wavelengths. Thanks!

Thanks Cajuncelt! Good luck on your final grow for this year, you have a few of my most beloved strains growing right now.
:party:The magical day has finally arrived.....:volcano-smiley:

Today is 68 flowering of blue dream!! Was expecting to have chopped them down earlier this week but daily checks of the trics show they required more patience. Finally early yesterday with lights off I found the majority of the remaining clear trics turned cloudy with a very scarce few that have turned amber letting me know they're nearing peak of THC production!!! - If the previous linked articles are to be believed. As the days go on more amber trics would appear which represents degraded THC and more of a couchlock/relaxing final product.

Lights were off for 12 hours at that point and were in need of the every other day water. I skipped this last water and kept the lights off. Skipping on water I understand allows the plant to dry out a little more and utilize the last of it's nutrients before harvest. Extra darkness also allows any remaining water/nutrients to fall down to the roots before chop, many growers have reported more resounus looking buds when harvested at night as trichomes degrade most at high noon/high temps. Lastly with more time for lights off it can get cooler and maybe pull out a little more color if I'm lucky.

Not going to lie, very excited this morning :thanks: everyone for the help, kind words and engorgement. I'd have a better update but it's harvest day!!:slide:Happy Halloween!!! :slide:Stay safe!:Rasta:

Personally, BD is best when mostly all cloudy, few amber. She's at peak THC at that point. She's a hybrid, but leans sativa.
I would pull em before much more amber & THC degradation. Sound like that's now.
My humble opinion.

Thank you and always appreciate opinions. I agree and started my harvest Friday morning, kinda cool it was on Halloween but also sort of bad timing. Too much to do.

Got everything de fan leafed and hung. It's a ton of work for one person and being new is making it extra slow I'm sure. kept the lights off the whole time and have green lights to work with. The world looks crazy when coming out of a green room after hours of seclusion.

Have about 25% that looks purple and the rest normal. The purple batch is the best looking blue dream I've ever seen in person and I buy it anytime it's in a shop. They are so resinous and would like to say thats due to the humidity being so low for so long at the end but I've never grown before so I can't. But I think it is.

Harvest is pretty brutal but I'll have a helper tomorrow to finishing manicuring. Growing is a truly rewarding on many levels. I'm hooked!

Thanks JBooze. Man your plant is looking great and keep up the good work. All went very well and extremely happy with results for first ever harvest. Was more work than I anticipated but well worth it. Sorry for the delay on a final update, I did take a few pics throughout and will update in a few days when I get time for a proper summery and to thank everyone for their help. Thanks!

Hey Dat,
Great first time grow! Just curious after all is said and done, would you continue to use FFOF and FF nutes or do you think you'll give your own super soil mix a go? I'm using rockwool now and looking to make a switch to something a little more organic. Was Fox Farm able to take you the distance good enough without running out of gas from veg to flower? Again, nice, clean organized grow, looking forward to the final tally.

Thanks Squirrelstash. I don't think I'm going to create that much more work for myself in making super soil mix when I has such success with FFOF and their nutrients. I thought I might in time when I first started. It did great throughout this grow but have to say there is probably credit towards their other products as well. I ended up using the below in regards to nutrients. There was two feedings where the plants showed too much nitrogen so I dialed back the Grow Big a few times to counteract which seemed to help. I may try different nutrients after a few grows and as I learn more.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Big Bloom
, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Cha Ching, Beastie Bloomz
Feeding Schedule (started out first couple weeks with half less than recommended)

Everything was finished up by end of last week and the last of the buds were put in the CVault Friday morning. I used an external website I cannot link as my main reference for harvest instructions.

I altered the Grow room to accommodate being the drying room as well since the blackout cloth doubled as a controlled environment. It was tight and had to use all the ceiling space I could find in there. Kicked up humidity to just under 70 the first day and allowed it to drop over the week. Temperature stayed between 60 and 65 as I could not get it hotter without killing the humidity by pumping in warmer air. Overall it took between 5-6 days for most everything to dry enough to throw into their respective storage container.

I ended up picking up three CVaults. Colors in some of these pictures are washed out a bit as I think there was a little too much exposure set on the camera.

First a 4 liter (which is the only one with a mirror finish inside which is really cool) I use this for the cream of the crop buds that came out purple.

An 8 liter for all the popcorn buds that were not big enough to go into the larger cvault.

And a 17 liter that has all the non purple standard size and larger colas.

As a friend stated the buds smell and look like fruity pebbles with purple, dark/light green and the bright orange hairs. Very sweet sugar smell with hints of berries and what I describe as faint smell yellow starbursts...I always desire a more pungent smell which BD is not known for on many of the phenos out there. Hits you like a ton of bricks when you open the cvault or grind it up though. Smokes and tastes like classic blue dream and it's fantastic and hopefully will only get better in time as it cures.

Fox Farm Nutrients and Soil are extremely easy and did great for this grow. I used a 5 gallon water jug to water these 6 plants every other day. Not sure if 0.83 gallons per plant every other day is lot or not but the run off was hardy and wanted to ensure that my non feeding watering run off was crystal clear (airpots dry quick and humidity was low). So that’s maybe sort of considered a flush every other water? Not sure but feel this helped keep nutrients balanced at recommended levels and always knew where I was at with the soil.
Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Cha Ching, Beastie Bloomz
Feeding Schedule (started out first couple weeks with half less than recommended)

Superroots airpots are awesome. Airpots, airbags or drill holes into your existing pots with the added airflow is a must for many reasons. I can only attest to the airpots but the overall practice is the same.

Special thanks
420Magazine.com, @TheCapn, @PeytonManning, @skunnymonster, @CO Finest, @Icemud, @JockBoozer, @Stumped, @Light Addict, many other users and external websites I cannot link here unfortunately. Appreciate all the help and answers to questions or answering my question before I could ask it.
:thanks::volcano-smiley::thumb::thanks::ganjamon::peace::Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Everything was finished up by end of last week and the last of the buds were put in the CVault Friday morning. I used an external website I cannot link as my main reference for harvest instructions.

I altered the Grow room to accommodate being the drying room as well since the blackout cloth doubled as a controlled environment. It was tight and had to use all the ceiling space I could find in there. Kicked up humidity to just under 70 the first day and allowed it to drop over the week. Temperature stayed between 60 and 65 as I could not get it hotter without killing the humidity by pumping in warmer air. Overall it took between 5-6 days for most everything to dry enough to throw into their respective storage container.

I ended up picking up three CVaults. Colors in some of these pictures are washed out a bit as I think there was a little too much exposure set on the camera.

First a 4 liter (which is the only one with a mirror finish inside which is really cool) I use this for the cream of the crop buds that came out purple.

An 8 liter for all the popcorn buds that were not big enough to go into the larger cvault.

And a 17 liter that has all the non purple standard size and larger colas.

As a friend stated the buds smell and look like fruity pebbles with purple, dark/light green and the bright orange hairs. Very sweet sugar smell with hints of berries and what I describe as faint smell yellow starbursts...I always desire a more pungent smell which BD is not known for on many of the phenos out there. Hits you like a ton of bricks when you open the cvault or grind it up though. Smokes and tastes like classic blue dream and it's fantastic and hopefully will only get better in time as it cures.

Fox Farm Nutrients and Soil are extremely easy and did great for this grow. I used a 5 gallon water jug to water these 6 plants every other day. Not sure if 0.83 gallons per plant every other day is lot or not but the run off was hardy and wanted to ensure that my non feeding watering run off was crystal clear (airpots dry quick and humidity was low). So that’s maybe sort of considered a flush every other water? Not sure but feel this helped keep nutrients balanced at recommended levels and always knew where I was at with the soil.
Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Cha Ching, Beastie Bloomz

Superroots airpots are awesome. Airpots, airbags or drill holes into your existing pots with the added airflow is a must for many reasons. I can only attest to the airpots but the overall practice is the same.

Special thanks
420Magazine.com, @TheCapn, @PeytonManning, @skunnymonster, @CO Finest, @Icemud, @JockBoozer, @Stumped, @Light Addict, many other users and external websites I cannot link here unfortunately. Appreciate all the help and answers to questions or answering my question before I could ask it.
:thanks::volcano-smiley::thumb::thanks::ganjamon::peace::Namaste:

Wow man!!!! Bravo!!!!!! very very nice harvest!!!! sorry to be away for a while, new jobs been hectic, but man!!!! congrats on your harvest!!!!! Those buds look outstanding!!!!

:party::yahoo::woohoo:

Back
Top Bottom