Dataudio's Indoor Blue Dream, 5x5 SCROG, 2 x 600W HID

Thank you kind sir. Also I should mention as stated in the first post I've been on the fox farm nutrition schedule with Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom throughout this grow. I've also been using their recommended dosage for Beastie Bloomz and just about to start adding Cha Ching for the first time this evening.

That's what it's all about. Bountiful bodacious buds... I'm hoping so and thanks Bangabong. :high-five:

Its been about week since last update but figured I'd post as today is the 100th day since I started this grow. Planted on June 26th and turned off lights for flower on Aug 24. Puts flowering time around 41 days. So about three more weeks for 60+ days. Most of my research is reading up on how to approach harvest and prep in the weeks before chop day.

As you can see they are staring to get pretty big and had to use some yoyos. Super excited to see just how much more they fatten up. I've also pulled my LED that's in my other tent and have been rotating it around the canopy the past few days. Figured there would be benefit to the add the little extra light and spectrum since it is LED. Thoughts? Also I'm still going drop temps last week or two to try and pull out some color that BD has been known to be hiding.

IMG_9287.JPG
IMG_9284.JPG
IMG_9283.JPG

Wife and I were out of town this past week and just got back yesterday from a much needed vacation. Had a great friend of ours take care of the babies and house while we were out and he did a fantastic job....not many people you can trust which such a thing.
Back to reality...... :nomo:......

Bunch of stuff. Lets start with progress updates....

Day 50 flower. They packed on some major weight since the last time I've seen them! A bunch of colas needed to be tied up ASAP and i'm out of yoyos!
IMG_97533.JPG
IMG_97512.JPG
IMG_97563.JPG

The smell is most pronounced thus far for sure as it's been a week since I've seen them. They smell all around more finished. Cool beans.

See a couple gnats flying around last night when I watered but not that many at all. I have gant monitors to see how many i can catch.

I can do a better job on the canopy evenness next time. And will try to space out branches more as this scrog is too tight!

Long question:
So these are clones and I really don't know what seed the mother came from. They're indeed blue dream but one plant has been slightly bugging me this whole grow. The one under the fan. Feel like it may have unseen issues or a different pheno ...something is just off about this one.

• First, this plant grew a little quicker than the others in veg. It was the plant most centered under the light. (dont be fooled by the taller front colas as that plant had the shortest route to the net as I didn't have to stretch it as much under the net).
  • Figured I'd moved it to the corner under the fan when I rearranged the scrog and put the smallest in it's place to veg. (Had only one 600w light in the 5x5 for 14 days when I moved from 2x4)
  • Also it drooped before others once when they were just about needing water..others had not yet.
  • Next thing I noticed in early flower was it smelled noticeably more sour than the others....same BD fruity undertone but more sour...had my wife check and 100% agreed. Still smells more sour.
  • A little bit later I see it's slightly more yellow than the other plants....looks identical but almost unnoticably more yellowish.
  • Now I get back from vacation and this plant's colas need way more help standing up and have a TON more red hairs across the whole plant...other plants hairs are pretty much white. Crystals look the same with my shitty magnifying glass but picking up a microscope later today.

...this couldn't be done yet right so what am I missing.

Following the nutrition schedule to the T. PH levels have stayed at 6.5 the entire grow...have not tested runoff in a long time. Temps never goes above 80...76 really since it's gotten cooler a month or so ago. Night temps above 55. Humidity is low, been at 40-43 avg this week and has not gotten above 50 since I got my dehumidifier. I bumped up humidity last night so it stays above 45 less than 50.

JBooze: I'll measure tonight when lights come back on. It was less than two inches above scrog when i went to flower and may have slowed their initial stretch those first few days on a water miss. So whatever numbers I share it could have have been just a little bigger if i hadn't let them get thirsty those first few days in flower. This is the pic right before lights off for flower.
IMG_89851.JPG

I took some photos just before lights on get a better comparison with the camera flash. With the more natural light of the camera the orange hairs on the other plants are more noticeable (guess they got washed by the orange HID) but you can definitely see the difference. They are much less deep orange as the plant that seems to be finishing up earlier. Top is what 5 plants look like and second photo is the one thats been goofy this whole grow. They feel like they are more dense as well.

Looks beautiful either way!!! Very happy with the way the first grow has been chugging along.
IMG_9798.JPG
IMG_97781.JPG

>>>this couldn't be done yet right so what am I missing

I've had some seeds in a batch that grow out like they are a completely different plant. Maybe a seed got mixed up. Maybe a radically different pheno.

Either way, enjoy it and see what it does!

Thanks Cap'n, It's something for sure but with it being clones it's a head scratcher. They have all been on the same regimen for everything.

It's a beautiful site either way. I'll keep tabs on it a littler closer and will check out the trics when the digital microscope and loupe arrive tomorrow. Will post what they look up close, I'm aiming for the most racy and highest THC for this harvest and have been using the below reference. Not many amber trichomes for this harvest it would appear.

With 51 days done of flower/currently on day 52 - it's looking like about two weeks or so until harvest from what I understand of Blue Dream. I will be no longer feeding these plants any nutrients and will just be giving them normal PH balanced tap water.

Picked up some more yoyos, have used 20 and had to cut some extra strings. Can't reach a couple them as you can see below. Thought it was going to be fun to have to tie these up but that lust is over. Good problem to have for sure but I think everything 1.5 ft around the edges will need to be tied up. They are packed in so tight in the middle that they are helping to keep each other from falling over.

Those buds get thicker all they way down to the scrog net on all the colas...it's insane. :yahoo:

Tape measure is sitting on the PVC. A handful of colas have gotten just above 18 inches above the scrog with most of them being between 13-14"

What else to take into consideration as harvest approaches? Reduce nutes, drop humidity, keep temps cooler at night to pull out color and don't go above 80 daytime, keep fragrance and other odors out of garden

Very nice first grow Dataudio, you are knocking your first grow out of the park!!! You seen like the kind of guy that would be great at Capn's Style hydro top feed in your 5'X5' setup.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Those buds get thicker all they way down to the scrog net on all the colas...it's insane. :yahoo:

What else to take into consideration as harvest approaches?

In your first post you said, "I go balls out at everything and there will be much more to come my friends". You were right about that. It is very rare to see someone pull this off in their first grow. For the readers here.... you don't grow this by "accident". Dat has certainly done his home work here.

You have the right light, good soil, good air movement and obviously your nutrient recipe is spot on.

If there was a category for BNOTM (best noob of the month), you would win, hands down. This is one of the best looking dirt grows I've seen in awhile and this is your first grow! I've seen seasoned growers who aren't pulling down this kind of weight, in twice the space.

As harvest approaches, I wouldn't do things much differently than you are now. Since you're in dirt, you'll want to flush for about two weeks, or until you see leaves start to turn yellow. Maybe pull a few fan leaves off? And yeah if you can lower humidity to ~50 that would be awesome.

:Namaste: Thanks Capn - I'm merely a dwarf standing on the shoulders of giants. Thankfully there are sites like 420mag and so many users willing to take the time to share their knowledge with the rest of us. It's just a matter of putting it all to good use.

I've been clipping fan leaves here and there but was out of town last week. Didn't want to over complicate my buddy helping so made it fairly foolproof and he executed perfect. I'll be back to removing a couple a day..wish I had more off but don't want to over do it.

Changed dehumidifier to continous after reading several articles stating to drop humidity dramatically last few weeks to up resin production. If I wanted to it could get down to low 30s maybe high 20s as it's dry here in Colorado. My office right now is at 34%....that would seem really low but it is normally that low outside in many parts of the country in October. Ill keep it around 40 or less for now and see how it goes. Current US humidity map

Just got the digital microscope and will post some picks of the trics after I finish playing with the plants tonight. Going to get more yoyos...stopping at 30 and will use string for the rest if need be.

Also I broke out the light meter a while back and forgot to post my readings. I was trying to keep the guidelines of 50w per sq ft is max and I have 1200w for 25 sq ft = 48. This page discusses lux readings and some general guidelines. I remember being on the higher end on my readings and didn't think much at that time. Icemud would say that doesn't give you any indication of spectrum which is 100% absolutely correct. Thats why I like to move that little LED around for fun. There is value in higher lux readings for sure....especially HID setups. I'll post those when I can.

Any info for the upcoming harvest is much appreciated. I'm getting some CVaults, would two work for this harvest?...it's suppose to be about a lb per vault. I have no idea what sort of harvest I'm in for. Thanks!

Mega CVault
Interior Diameter: 12.0" or 31.0 CM
Depth / Height: 9.5" or 24.5 CM
Total Volume: 17 liters or 4.4 gallons

Got the digital microscope today. Sweeeeeeet

This shot is from the majority of the team. 5 out of 6 but just a sample from one area that look very similar to rest. No clouds and still appears like it has around two weeks.

This is from the outkast plant, name is Big Boi, since her buds are the plumpest and need more yoyos. Still looks pretty clear as well.

Great Journal! You've got one heck of a crop going there!

Big Boi looks to be at the same ripening stage as my Church plants. Keep us up to date with everything!

Peace!

Hey DATAudio!! Finally made it over here per your request :) I have to say, hands down you are doing an amazing job for your first grow! Your plants look extrememly healthy and your tent is so full! Very nice job!! Bravo!

I have some blue dream just about to be put into flowering :) Cant wait as it is one of my top 5 favorite strains :)

Excellent job on your grow, and very clean and detailed journal as well! High 5!

BTW...DATaudio? background in recording?

Thanks pot nerds! :high-five:

60Cal I'm digging your blog, lots of fun info buddy. Good luck on your journal 303Thunder looking forward to your purple god bud grow! Ice it's always appreciated when someone with your experience and knowledge stops by to help out new gardeners like myself. You have a crazy fun lineup of different strains in your flower tent right now and thanks for the kind words.

Pleasantly surprised this week as color has started to show on these blue dream plants! Temps are down to upper 50s with lights off/under 78 lights on as it hasn't been as cold outside this week. Dehumidifier is on continuous and have been able to get humidity down to 37 with lights off and ac kicked on. It's averaging about 40. Buds seem like they are still fattening up somewhat and sparkle/smell like candy. Have been trimming up as much as possible without going overboard. More yellow leaves on the outkast plant...purples just started appearing so excited to see how more they turn.

Majority of the leaves are not as yellow as I have read to expect at this point which would suggest more nutrients to be flushed from the soil. Think that has a lot to do with tap water so I'm switching to 6.5 PH RO water until they're ready to be chopped. They need water about every other day since flowering kicked into overdrive.

Sidenote:
Definitely going to try and make a few cannabis cigars. Looks fun

Back
Top Bottom