Third Grow - Winter is Coming

Czecho

Hi all, long time since I posted here... well long time since my last grow.

Im starting again, similar conditions but I hope I more experienced. Last two times I had problems with fungus developing at the end of the growth, when the buds are close together. This mainly had to do (I think) with the high temps and poor air circulation. In all honesty, I haven't done anything about the air yet but I think I still have time. On the other hand, the weather is much colder than before.

So, this is the third seed. The first two didn't germinate. I guess it was a mix of impatience, old seeds and cold weather. In the three cases I soaked the seed in water for 12+ hours and then place it in the soil (the soil is a little thick in my opinion but I didn't find the one I was looking for).

I will be using a big pot (I think its around 20lts) and Im starting with three lights. Two 23 watts CFLs and on 150 watt led. Lights will be run 18/6 at the beginning. The room has a outlet air fan which I recently turned off with the hope of raising the temps a little.

The seeds are white lemon from the strain hunters - El Niño x Super Lemon Haze | 50 % índica - 50 % sativa (feminized).

By the way, I plan on using additives after changing her to the bigger pot. More on this later.

A couple of things Im considering.

1. Should I switch to a lighter soil? (I have a pic of the soil below)
2. Should I leave the fan on all day?

Picture Time ------------
IMG_162723.JPG
IMG_162220.JPG
IMG_162619.JPG
IMG_162124.JPG
IMG_161924.JPG
IMG_161426.JPG

Thanks for joining and welcome.

A little more info about the strain:

Genetics:
El Niño x Super Lemon Haze (feminized) - {50% indica - 50% sativa}

Height:
medium plant (average internodal distance 8-10 cm)

Flowering Indoors:
8-9 weeks flowering time. Yield up to 0.9 gram (dry and manicured) per watt per square meter (under 1000W HPS)

Flowering Outdoors:
9 weeks flowering time. Very large plants can harvest over 1kg of dried, manicured buds

Taste (burned):
lemony, very skunk, slightly hazy.

Scent (unburned):
Nutty, spicy, citrus-like, with hints of wood and cedar.

What the dried bud/crumbled bud looks like:
the dried buds are long, thick and compact, with medium-large calyx, very thick and long hairs, and covered in thick resin. The crumbled bud is sticky, green towards light brown and gray.

Speed of high onset:
creeper.

Duration of high:
long lasting.

Quality/type of high:
very high at first, it evolves into a stoned body feeling. 
Complex, strong.

Medicinal qualities:
good for appetite stimulation, pain and mood control.

The White Lemon
is a very balanced cross, expressing the best qualities of both parents.
The El Niño lineage is very clear in the leaf shape and the size and density of the buds. 

The Super Lemon Haze heritage is all in the branching, smell, taste, and in the shape of the calyx.

The White Lemon grows medium-short internodes, but keeps growing quite a bit after switching 
to 12/12 for flowering.
The branches grow very strong and can support large colas.

Medium nutrients levels will do great with this strain, which performs outstandingly in all mediums, indoors or outdoors.

Cuttings from mother plants root very fast and easily, making this a great strain 
for propagation once the mothers are selected from seeds. 

The buds are long, dense, with large calyx and long hairs.

Already after 4-5 weeks of flowering the smell gets citrus-like, and skunky. It is not as hazy as the Super Lemon Haze, but it is extremely lemony.

The effect onset is a bit of a creeper, taking time to peak and then staying up there for a long while. 

It is a complex, well balanced high and stoned feeling. Its medicinal use has not been fully evaluated yet.

Hello everyone,

I was going to say slow is an understatement but to be fair only three days have past since I uploaded the first pictures. I think we are around day 9 since the seed sprouted.

BTW, I disconnected the fan and temps are up which I think will be beneficial to the plant... I think.

Take care!

IMG_163220.JPG
IMG_163117.JPG
IMG_163022.JPG
IMG_162920.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hello everyone! Im back, and I am picking up were I left. After several unfruitful attempts I managed to get one girl going. I spined off this post because I initially had the plant in a zombie mode and with no growth. Stunt Growth. Now, it grew a lot (at least something) and it started to flower. I watered her with some nutes yesterday and it already started to flower. The lights are still 18/6.

Im posting some of the pictures from the other post as well. The plant should be around 6 weeks old.

To be honest, after all these tries I am not sure if the seed is an auto big bang or a white lemon. Are regular plants supposed to start flowering before the light change? My initial guess is no.

As you can see its really green at the bottom, I ended up cutting some of the lower leaves to create some space. I am afraid it will get too crowded and fungus may grow. I guess the stockiness is because of the initial slow growth. I raised the lights a little as well.

Enjoy and thanks!

Day 20
File_10-2-16_8_21_27_p_m_.jpeg

After the transplant.
IMG_204123.JPG

I let the soil dried a lot and this is after the first watering in the new pot.
IMG_206020.JPG

Today! 6 weeks old.
IMG_206930.JPG
IMG_206824.JPG
IMG_206728.JPG

Sorry buddy typing error. That's got to be an auto.

Awesome, thank you! In that case its an Big Bang Auto.

SATIVA - INDICA - RUDERALIS 10% - 80% - 10%
GENETICS
Skunk x Northern Light x El Niño x Ruderalis.
EFFECTS
Relaxing and calming effect, good for pain control and appetite stimulation.
Medicinal properties include pain control and appetite stimulation.

Of course they`re dead. You`re not using the proper soil, much less growing out of a starbucks cup. Why bother, wasting your time....No disrespect, you`re not learning from your mistakes...

Nice bro. She could be hungry for some nitrogen. Are you feeding her nutrients?

I think you are right, that was my guess but I didnt want to rush into that conclusion before researching more. It seems like the older lower leaves are the ones yellowing so it might be it.

Yes, I used some nutes but I wasnt able to follow the proper schedule. I watered her yesterday, Im going to se how she evolves and see if I will add more nitrogen.

Thank you very much! :thanks: To be honest, Im hoping I can harvest her but its definitely not my best one.

The sbucks is no longer with us. This is another seed. That said, specifically whats wrong with using half a cup for the first stages. I know there are better options but its like a smaller bucket...

On the soil, completely agree! big screw up from my part. I ran out of new soil and was so desperate to transplant her that I ended up using what I had... or could find.

Back
Top Bottom