Timewreck - Grown In Hydro With LED & A ScrOG

:ciao: Ajagunle
You make things most interesting! Your leaves are such a deep green, they look great. This is going to be very educational to watch.
Sorry about the elbow mishap, and glad you're back up and running with the grow!

I took the dark green comment as such a compliment Canna, thank you!:thanks: A real good sign, until I read Doc Bud’s comment on DrDankNstien's journal;

We all know the deep, dark green of borderline too much N in hydro or salt ferts in soil.
It's also true that too much Nitrate will give an ultra-lush look, with weak stems and delayed bloom.

I shall revert to just water for a while and closely inspect for any signs of yellow!!

Thank you for the other compliments! Very appreciated, I need to work on my photography skills to try and show you what I can see, without the use of 3 hands:laughtwo:

I have attempted to capture the 'Multiple' beginnings of branches, it is in need of further LST to keep the main tip at the same height, or lower, as the main stem. Judging by what has happened to the main top, which no longer has pistils, each little cluster of pistils will develop into a branch, eventually.

TW_multiple_tops_25_01_14_a.jpg

You can see the occasional leaf stump where I have removed 4 for photographic purposes,

The other Timewreck has had many of the growing tips snipped off, a really small piece removed from the very tip, an attempt at copying Light Addict's process for starting 2 main branches for Fluxing, I have got an almost in-focus shot with the 'snip' circled. Definite stems growing either side, which can be snipped soon.

TW_25_01_14_Topped_ring_b.jpg

As it appears to have been successful I have 'snipped' all the tips that have returned to vegetative growth on this plant.

My medicated musings are suggesting to me;

If I keep the main stem low with LST and 'snip' each of the multiple stems I will have enough Tops without any further Topping. When removed to the NFT shelf I will use the screen to spread the tops as evenly and as spread-out as possible.

If I position the Girls under the screen diagonally and in opposite directions, I shall fill the screen with as little over-lapping and as quickly as possible.

Dang, I wasn't aware of the too much N dark green. Doc Bud knows his chit, so I will take that to heart too. I still love the color, but if it's not right....dang. LOL
This is getting very interesting on all your nipping and your scrog plans.
I thought the Dark Green was a good sign! Kind of faux High brix!

I tied down the new growth this morning and because the Girls are in such small pots using string is actually pulling the main stem in a curve towards the pot. It played on my mind all morning because I could envisage challenges ahead trying to efficiently fill the screen.

I brought the Girls carefully down the stairs to work on them at a table rather than kneeling on the floor next to my bed, the curving was partially corrected by slightly crushing the main stem and bending it horizontally, taking the tension off the string. I am interested to see how long they stay in that shape.

It was a good opportunity to remove the centre of each growing tip as yet unmolested and to take some close-ups of the various nodes that were showing evidence of multiple grow tips, the most that I can see clearly is 3.

I ended up with 1 out of 43 photos that wasn't blurred and it shows no detail at all!! The 400gm (about 14oz) Can of Tomatoes is for scale and the top of the Tape is the future height of the ScrOG screen. Time to start using the Tripod for all photos I think. I shall download the photos before taking the Girls back upstairs next time.

TW_26_01_14_sideview_a.jpg

AJ, if you are trying to get close up pics with your camera and they are coming out blurry...check for a "macro" setting. It will look like a little tulip.
You probably already know about it, but just thought I would throw that your way in case you didn't. :thumb:

No I didn't and thank you thank you :thanks::thanks::circle-of-love:

I should learn to read the Destructions!

:thanks:

I took the dark green comment as such a compliment Canna, thank you!:thanks: A real good sign, until I read Doc Bud's comment on DrDankNstien's journal;

I shall revert to just water for a while and closely inspect for any signs of yellow!!

Thank you for the other compliments! Very appreciated, I need to work on my photography skills to try and show you what I can see, without the use of 3 hands:laughtwo:
your girls look great AJ, I wouldn't stop giving them nutes theres no nute burn showing at all, N toxicity also shows with cupped leaves and I dont see one on your girls,maybe dial back the part of your nutes high in N a bit but other than that I wouldn't change a thing bro:)

your girls look great AJ, I wouldn't stop giving them nutes theres no nute burn showing at all, N toxicity also shows with cupped leaves and I dont see one on your girls,maybe dial back the part of your nutes high in N a bit but other than that I wouldn't change a thing bro:)

Hi Dr! Right, will do! I'll look for the Tacoing first!:thumb:

I eventually heard what you said about topping!

looking good! I saw you determined sex in 3 weeks. :bravo:

I am an immediate convert to starting seeds on 12/12, they don't hang around do they?

Thank you Canna for explaining the correct Camera setting!:thumb:

I took the Camera upstairs, safer than bringing the Girls down, I need to be more conscious of the lighting with the macro shots, too much glare on the close ups of where I snipped out the growing tip but I got some good shots of the main stem developing into multiple growing tips. I have marked each growing tip with a black dot, it's the pattern of the alternate nodes that make up the Top bud of a cola if I'm not mistaken.

26_01_14_dots_b.jpg

I think I will start all seeds on 12/12 until they show sex, even feminized seeds, in future, it appears a very quick way to get multiple tops.

Hey AJ,

I don't know what happened to my message on the color of leaves on Peejay's plants, but here it is again. LOL
Check out his plants, the color is a deep green and he isn't having any N issues that I'm aware of.

PeeJay's Perpetual Organic Homebrewed Soil - Stealth Cabinet And Greenhouse Grow

Edit: found my message, and didn't wind up here. LOL however now that I see peejay's comment on the strain...it could be strain related on the color.
LOL
I need to get the coffee pot back on methinks.

Anyway, great pic! That is a busy main stem. :thumb:

the problem with a reveg is that it'll set your harvest back a couple weeks. the plants do look great and healthy though, so they should move along as quick as they can.

wait, are you going back to 18/6 or are you leaving them on 12/12?

the problem with a reveg is that it'll set your harvest back a couple weeks. the plants do look great and healthy though, so they should move along as quick as they can.

wait, are you going back to 18/6 or are you leaving them on 12/12?

Hi B,

I got some regular seeds for the first time so I had to sex them first, 12/12 from seed and 3 wks later they showed their sex and I put them on GLR to revert them to veging, I did GLR because I thought it would cause the slowest growth as my hydro tank is currently occupied. No rush, at the moment!

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom