Timewreck - Grown In Hydro With LED & A ScrOG

looking good, real nice bushy bush. I think she's growing so vigorously because you're letting her do her thing. frequent trimming will slow her down.

Ive read thru many journals on 420mag and a few books and I am impressed with your individualized spin on growing. Your system IMO appears to be a hybrid; I haven't come across in my studies.

Thank you Jaa, or Jaamz, classic ‘Old School Hydro’, I think it is a very low tech bit of kit from the pre-canna days of hydro, it’s an NFT tank for growing capsicum in the greenhouse, almost 20yrs old now but it fits perfectly in the ‘slot’. Amazing how quickly things began to change once the production of Herb was involved, I thought we were all supposed to be wasters! :passitleft:

I’m still tuning in the ‘above ground’ aspects, or stealing ideas, that are freely offered!:circle-of-love:

Thanks for stopping by!

I removed the screen for probably the last time, they are bushy!

Bush_uncovered_a.jpg

I shall only tuck the tallest tops from now on, give time for one or two lower down, but substantial, shoots to reach the screen. Not too long until I flip to 12/12.

Birds_eye_view_28_02_14_a.jpg

I have increased nutes to 440ppm, 12 hourly increments of 20 until I established the sweet spot, ph has remained stable at 5.8. I have cleared the bottom of the stems under the screen.

side_view_28_02_14_a.jpg

Thanks LA and Stealth! :thanks:

I have removed a few leaves, only ones that were blocking tops from being part of the canopy,

Canopy_1_3_14_a.jpg

One of which had some slight damage, quite possibly caused by me and my 'snippers' but also quite possibly caused by something's teeth

Leaf_underside_a_1_3_14.jpg

Leaf_topside_1_3_14.jpg

Leaf_damage_1_3_14_b.jpg

Leaf_damage_1_3_14_a.jpg

There is nothing living on the underside that I can see and the marks are not widespread.

It did make me a little obsessed with bugs and I checked every leaf I removed and whilst I found nothing living I did find something that looks like it once was!

Dead_something_1_3_14.jpg

Any ideas anyone?

It has been 48hrs since my last check, ph is at 5.8 and TDS has dropped from 440 to 395ppm. I will increase to 460 on tomorrow’s top-up.

Canopy_3_3_14_a.jpg

There is 1 canopy leaf showing noticeable browning, I took several photos and removed it for later inspection, when I downloaded the photos I realised I had not switched off the LEDs so it is not very clear!

Back_of_canopy_3_3_14_a.jpg

Leak_markings_3_3_14_b.jpg

Photos of the slightly damaged leaf show the browning? The damage was caused by me. I have inspected underneath with the USB scope and I can see no evidence of alien beings.

Brown_leaf_3_3_14_a.jpg

AA30.jpg

The leaf edge is devoid of life! I don't mean bugs, the leaf is dying or dead. It could be caused a hot spot, I will redirect the clip on fan. There is 1ml of SNS 209 for every litre of nute mix and I am spraying with a Rosemary Oil based Foliar spray at every lights out, I regularly inspect for eggs and bugs and have seen nothing.

There was no further signs of leaves starting to brown-off on the canopy

Canopy_4_3_14_a.jpg

I removed a fair amount from under the screen,

Debris_4_3_14_a.jpg

Including 3 tertiary branches that I have obviously missed up until now,

Flowers_4_3_14_a.jpg

In the main it looks a healthy green but there is something causing the discoloration.

Leaf_browning_4_3_14_a.jpg

The browning cannot be caused by hot spots if they are below the screen and 2 or 3 inches below the canopy? I inspected all the debris and could find no bugs or larvae. I have sprayed with a chemical bug spray at lights off.

Nutrient Deficiency is of course another possibility, ph has been moving through the range of 5.6 to 6.0 every 3 or 4 days and the res is 68-71f. mmm. :hmmmm:

And always in someone elses' pockets! LOL
I'm still following AJ! Just caught up. Any more trouble with tribbles...er bugs?
I see you are making great use of that USB microscope! Nice pics up close and personal. :thumb:

Hi Canna! I love my new toy, flat things on the table is OK, not too confident at 3d objects that are still growing! I‘ve got at least 8 wks to practice.:thumb:

We’ll have to think of a new phrase, ‘Troubles with Tribbles’ doesn’t sound nasty enough!!

Back
Top Bottom