Timewreck - Grown In Hydro With LED & A ScrOG

Hi Canna! I love my new toy, flat things on the table is OK, not too confident at 3d objects that are still growing! I‘ve got at least 8 wks to practice.:thumb:

We’ll have to think of a new phrase, ‘Troubles with Tribbles’ doesn’t sound nasty enough!!

Yeah, I"m not a trekky...but that episode was pretty cool. They were cute, so can't call em bugs. LOL I'm sure I will get my share of the critter crawlers when I move to outside growing. But I have lots of spider varieties here, they will help a bunch. ;-)
I agree on the USB scope, I still have not perfected using it on anything upright and not flat. Just need the time to play around with it I guess :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey my friend hope all is good and green with you :)

Hi LA, while you are waiting to set up your new garden I wonder if you could spare me some time?:thumb:

My intention was to allow them to grow through the screen until they have used most of the res and then top up with Bloom Nutes and set on 12/12, should be about 5 days or so, aiming to have no below screen growth by the time of flip, the tops now have leaves above screen and I am removing low down stuff daily, does this sound like a good plan?:thanks:

Cute aren't they? :loopy:
I posted some pics just for you, btw. LOL
:thanks:

Yes they are cute, reminded me of Gizmo from Gremlins! I hadn't realised that Star Trek deviated so far from its Black and White 'Final Frontier' days! ( a 70's thing?):laughtwo:

I have checked out your superb photos, I am really intrigued by the process of re-veging producing so many potentially-flowering tops, after a harvest or after sexing from seed. The time it takes for the plant to stop flowering and reverting to veg is surprisingly long, during which time all the stems seem to become main stems? I wish I had a better knowledge of the girls anatomy, or the right words, so I could describe my thoughts more clearly, enough to say 'the explosion of stems is amazing'!:thumb:

:thanks:

Yes they are cute, reminded me of Gizmo from Gremlins! I hadn't realised that Star Trek deviated so far from its Black and White 'Final Frontier' days! ( a 70's thing?):laughtwo:

I have checked out your superb photos, I am really intrigued by the process of re-veging producing so many potentially-flowering tops, after a harvest or after sexing from seed. The time it takes for the plant to stop flowering and reverting to veg is surprisingly long, during which time all the stems seem to become main stems? I wish I had a better knowledge of the girls anatomy, or the right words, so I could describe my thoughts more clearly, enough to say 'the explosion of stems is amazing'!:thumb:

Hey, AJ...the long amount of time it took these to reveg was due to having them under some cheap LED panels for a couple to three weeks that did absolutely nothing for growth. It was after I put them under the CFL's that I finally started to see new growth on the limbs of the plant. If I had revegged immediately after harvesting, under proper lighting it wouldn't have taken nearly as long.
Just wanted to point that out so you didn't think they would take so long as mine did.
:thumb:

Hey, AJ...the long amount of time it took these to reveg was due to having them under some cheap LED panels for a couple to three weeks that did absolutely nothing for growth. It was after I put them under the CFL's that I finally started to see new growth on the limbs of the plant. If I had revegged immediately after harvesting, under proper lighting it wouldn't have taken nearly as long.
Just wanted to point that out so you didn't think they would take so long as mine did.

I am beginning to think that when you reveg you get a bit of stretch and veg combined?

Nothing has been tucked for 3 days and there is about 2” of growth above the screen.

Shoot_10_3_14.jpg

The canopy has almost filled the screen and is reasonably even.

Canopy_10_3_14_a.jpg

Birds_eye_view_10_3_14_a.jpg

I have plunged them into 36hrs of darkness in an effort to get flowering started as quickly as possible, I had intended to do GLR for the last wk of veging, oh well, next time, again.

I have added 6l of Blooming Nutes solution, 50% recommended strength gives a TDS of 480ppm, this is the same strength as the last 10 days of veg, I will check daily to establish the strongest TDS they can handle.

The Roots have ‘shot the Weir’ and are growing happily in the res, this is the whitest bulkiest roots I have grown, the big change has been the addition of a second air stone on the NFT shelf, I shall upgrade this set-up with another air pump.

Roots_10_3_14_b.jpg

:passitleft:

An Aside2 Part 1

I have a 4wk old Massive Midget Automatic for my grow bin and I am trying to restrict growth as much as possible,

Bridget_small_10_3_14_a.jpg

It is marketed as a small plant but left to its own devices it out-grows the available space considerably, even with some severe super cropping.

Triffid_10_4_14_1a.jpg

The descriptions are not based on the Conditions I am growing them in, Bridget1 is 8 wks from germination today, the 'Germination to Harvest' time advertised, and she is several wks from finishing, and if I bent the branches upright they are far taller than the 85cm in the grow-notes, I think Massive 'Midget' might be more accurate!

I have delayed repotting by a couple of weeks so that the roots get restricted and 'stunt' to some extent when they hit the pot wall and base .

Bridget_10_3_14_2_a.jpg

In her final pot, with 2x 30watt blue and 2x45watt red CFLs, one of the 30w blue is plant height in the bottom of the Mylar lined 11.5"x12.5" bin.

Bridget_bin_10_3_14_a.jpg

My hat is off to you. Awesome Growing. Just got done catching up reading. Happy Growing

Heya Aja, hope all is well! Your scrog is looking good. :)

My hat is off to you. Awesome Growing. Just got done catching up reading. Happy Growing

Thank you very much! :thanks: and :welcome:

The Girls have had 36hrs of darkness and the sun came up on their first day of flowering about 2 hrs ago, I can’t see any more browning anywhere (except at the front before anyone says anything, but I have moved the bulb now!)

Canopy_BEV_11_3_14_a.jpg

TDS hasn’t changed during the long night, still 480ppm but ph has dropped to 5.4, it took 9ml of my dilution of Up to change it to 6.0, which is a lot of Up!

Side_view_11_3_14_a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom