Timewreck - Grown In Hydro With LED & A ScrOG

Day 2 has begun, I have started 2 demijohns of Apple and Blackberry CO2 generators as the Apple has finished, ph has dropped to 5.4 again but adding 6litres of diluted nutes brought ph up to 6.1, where I have left it, as it is dropping .5 every 24hrs so it could be worth spending some time above 5.7.

Canopy_12_03_14_BEV_a.jpg

I have changed the overhead bulb from a 30w blue to a 45w red. I spent quite a lot of time ‘mining’ for tops and then tucking leaves out of the way, with varying degrees of success!

Tops_12_03_14_b.jpg

No sign of any browning on the leaves.

If your ppm either says the same or rises and your pH drops your plants are drinking more water then nutrients, I would slightly reduce the strength of your nutrients.

Thank you good King John, I shall dilute at the next 'Sun Up' and keep a close eye! :thanks:

I didn’t dilute the res in the end, ph had stayed at 6.1 and TDS had dropped from 500 to 490, another 24hrs and ph was still 6.1 and TDS below 480, I adjusted ph to 5.9. I shall recharge the res next time with 17ml of Bloom which gives a TDS of 480ish.

Canopy_15_03_14_a.jpg

I have installed a second tier of CPU fans, 10 in all now, and this has ensured there is decent air movement through the thickening canopy.
The fans are wired into a blackberry charger, 12v, and Zip Tied together into a bank of 5, each line of 5 is zip tied to a piece of wood, above and below, so they stand upright on the screen. Screwdrivers and hammers require too much coordination! :tokin:

I have some 4mm air hose that when immersed in very hot water is pliable enough to fit tightly into the top of an airlock and the other end is inserted into a hole above and in front of the fans, it should achieve a better distribution of CO2.

CO213.jpg

TDS has now dropped to 460 and I have lowered ph to 5.8, I shall lower it to 5.7 for 24hrs later and then another res top up.

TDS has dropped further to 460, so I am thinking their consumption of nutes at a strength of 500+ is a sign of increased growth rate supporting the visual evidence, stretch is imminent! 6 days of 12/12 today, or should that be nights?

Canopy_17_03_14_a.jpg

I have dropped ph to 5.6 as it will require topping-up tomorrow, the base water is 6.7ph so the top up will raise ph back up. I will make the nutes up with 18ml Bloom, 4ml Fulvic, the root bennies and SNS209.

Tops_17_3_14_a.jpg

An Aside2 part2

The second Mighty Midget Automatic has been repotted to her final pot size and 2 bricks removed from underneath the pot as she puts on a bit of height.

MM_Upright_18_03_14_a.jpg

I have tied down the main stem and removed 2 bricks.

MM_Bent_over_18_03_14_a.jpg

I started to LST the lower branches into available space, there are 5 directions the stems are being pulled in

5_pointed_star_18_03_14_a.jpg

I have pulled the main stem over a secondary (black dot) that might require pulling into the light, I’ll try and remember to take this into account next time.

Back_branch_18_03_14_a.jpg

I keep reading about how sensitive ‘Autos’ are to various things, not sure I agree, from my limited-to-middling experience they just get on with it, given enough time they always produce a pleasurable crop, I re-pot 3 times before they go in their final homes, I defoliate, they are given hydro nutes, Molasses that was bought for my porridge and they have very limited space, I don’t measure temps or humidity, their ‘Just-Get-On-With-It’ attitude is My main attraction to Autos! Having just said all that, this is the first time I have introduced Bondage into our relationship, I shall find out if it is a step too far!

In_the_bin_18_03_14_a.jpg

The Birds-eye-view has given me a good ‘Map’ for future LST sessions (I think), to better fill the available space.

Nice LST going there! I am watching the "bondage" results o!n the autos. It will be nice to see it "live" as far as reaction, opposed to reading what might happen. LOL
Nice job AJ, looking a right fine shade of green 'round these parts. :circle-of-love:

Hi Canna!:thanks:

Looking at the birds-eye-view shot I am beginning to think I need to re-organise the LST, taking the space in the bin and the low CFL bulb into account:thumb:

A week into Bloom and I have added another 45w Red CFL, so there is now more CFL watts than LED in my corner of Eden

Eden_a.jpg

TDS raised to 510 and ph of 5.8. I noticed a browning leaf below the canopy level.

Browning_18_03_14_a_ring.jpg

Leaf_detail.jpg

Nothing to see under the scope, although there is a slimey edge to the dead section? It remains a mystery, for now.

edga.jpg

Shoots are looking healthy,

Shoot_18_03_14_a.jpg

7 nights of 12/12 and the tops have grown about 2".

Sideview_18_03_14_a.jpg

An Aside2 (iii)

I have tightened the string to lower the top of the main shoot and rotated the pot 180degrees and replaced 2 bricks under the pot so the dish of water fits below the rim of the pot and there is space for the main stem, carefully moving the ties and secondary branches to fan them out into available space, I have been able to pull the branch below the main stem into its own light (just poking out on the left at about 10 o’clock).

Bin_20_3_14_a.jpg

Pistils are showing, I shall make a note of the date to check how long flowering takes, longer than advertised I suspect. I need to correct a previous error, these girls are Heavyweight Massive Midget Autos, not Mighty Midget.

Pistils_20_3_14.jpg

fabulous journal packed with info I trust! 5 star rating given w/ Reps ajag!! :goodjob:

We are opposite on auto grows, I just started my first auto grow (not Fluxy),

I've always grown the regular way, weeding out the boys from seed, or keeping a mother alive for over a year, for clones.:circle-of-love:

fabulous journal packed with info I trust! 5 star rating given w/ Reps ajag!! :goodjob:

We are opposite on auto grows, I just started my first auto grow (not Fluxy),

always grown the regular way, weeding out the boys from seed, or keeping a mother alive for over a year, for clones.:circle-of-love:

:welcome: & :thanks: for the Reps and 5*:thumb:

This is my first grow using Regular seeds and it wasn't really as cumbersome as I'd imagined, space is my challenge, I need to keep it all discrete, the more I read about 'making' seeds and CS the more tempted I am to find more space, sitting on the fence is beginning to get uncomfortable :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom