Tranquilgreen - Hydro & Soil - First Grow Journal

Tranquil I am a soil grower I use T&J's high brix method I don't have the highest yields but I do have some of the best quality cannabis.
In my situation I can grow once a year and never run out. I only run 6 plants at a time I still have some white widow from 2 years ago so for me yield is secondary. I also think soil is more forgiving and easier to managed. This is my humble opinion take it for what it's worth.

Good Luck!:peace::thumb::high-five::tokin::circle-of-love:

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Got Docs Kit and will start the process of cooking the mix for a month before I start my journal using High Brix. I'm so excited. Got my seeds picked too... Y Griega, DarkStar and Green Cush (Green Crack).

Now on to this grow...

I decided to wait on taking the plants from the DWC until I get some bags to put them in. I have some 5 gallons coming any day now.

And... let me take a photo of that poor Sour Diesel that almost died and marked time for over a month. She seems to be pulling through.

Before being replanted:
SDBefore.jpg

4 days after being replanted:
SD110.jpg

All is going well now! Leaves are growing.

I've got green crack in docs kit and house and garden it's a monster.

:cheer: GREEN CRACK!!! :cheer:

Nice little video, drunk or not. :popcorn:

were did you get your green crack seeds from? I got my green crack clone from a very reputable mmj clinic they said the mother they took the clone from was a seed from Cali connection seed company my Larry og Kush clone is also from Cali connection seed company

Yesterday I transplanted my three seedlings into organic soil and made up a SWICK for them. The house was smelling like weed so I hooked up my can to send the air out the window. Wow that thing really works great!

This morning when I checked the DWC I accidentally ripped off the deep roots of the White Widow when I lifted her out a bit to see the water level. :sorry: I was going to transplant them all but... was going to wait for my 5 gal pots to arrive before I did it. Anyway, the decision was made for me so I put the WW in a 1 gallon pot, buried deep and a few branches taken off, with soil. She looks like a clone now. She had very few roots in the DWC so I hope she decides to grow some in soil. I put amendments in the soil and Superthrive and B1 was used to water her in and settle what roots she has. I think I will have to cut the roots of the other three before transplant. :hmmmm: Longer roots however so they stand a better chance of survival.

I have family coming today to stay the weekend so may not have too much time to play with my little ones.

I have Docs High Brix soil cooking now. Can hardly wait to start my 2nd journal in a month. :high-five:

:peacetwo:

Woohoo I finally got myself another PlatinumLED! Next grow I'll be using my two PlatinumLED lights and another brand. Still got a long way to go for this grow.

Relatives are here for the weekend so I will take photos next Monday after they leave.:green_heart:

Good Morning TG,
Just wanted to stop by and see how things were going. Have a great day and look forward to your next round of photo :Rasta:

Hey there,

Just catched up with your journal so far. Those problems you had at the start were, in my opinion, over-watering the rockwool.
You are supposed to submerse the rockwool in 5.5 pH water for at least 3-6 hours (I usually do 24h) and then shake the water out of them (never squeezing them, otherwise you loose the wool's architecture that is responsable for keeping air near the roots) before putting in the seed or sprout.

Next time I also recomend you buffering your DWC setup (pumps, netpots, hydroton and reservoir) with 5.5 pH water for 1-2 days, always bringing it down to 5.5 everytime you check. I noticed that this prevents future pH fluctuations.

Also, if you are using destilled water on seedlings, you will have to add nutrients earlier on. Seedlings usually like minerals that are found on tap water, but you have none of those, so you have to add them yourself. I've heard that some people pre-soak their rockwool with 1/4 nutrient dosage and pH 5.5 before placing the sprout there (after Papel Towel germination method), but I'm not sure of it's efficiency.

Be careful on watering seedlings nextime. You don't want to have the rockwool too damp otherwise the roots will take a longer time to grow. Roots grow so they can reach for water that is usually deeper on the soil. If you always keep the root area inside the rockwool wet, they won't have the need to expand their roots. It's a kind of a "now you're wet, now you are not" game.

Other than that, I love how your Chocolate Kush looks like now.
Good luck
:Namaste:

Good morning Snoop! I've been reading your newest journal. Got my High Brix soil cooking in a couple tubs outside! Won't be long now. :circle-of-love:

Thanks for stopping by GroovyBud and adding to my knowledge. I really appreciate it. I am using the SWICK method of watering my veg plants and am impressed at how long I can go between watering. Next grow will be using Docs High Brix method.

:ciao:

subbed

:welcome: Bear

Well I finally dumped the DWC and transplanted the three into organic soil. Even though I enjoyed the ease of DWC I am not sure I can work with it due to my very high pH well water. So lesson learned there. I also got one SWICK set up for 5 plants and the three transplants have their own saucers with perlite and water.

I have supplied some photos finally.

Remember that damped off Sour Diesel, the one that never grew? She is now cranking it up.
almost_dead_to_alive.jpg

And some of the SWICK... in the photo booth (bathroom). Some have roots hanging out of the bottom of the plant pot.

White Widow
WWtransplant.jpg

Lemon Burst
Lemon_burst.jpg

Geisha CJ
Geisha_CJ.jpg

Quintonic
Quintonic.jpg

My poor suffering transplants.

Pineapple Chunk 1 - one day after transplant
Pineapple_Chunk_1_after_transplant.jpg

Pineapple Chunk 2
Pineapple_Chunk_2_after_transplant.jpg

Chocolate Kush
Chocolate_Kush_after_transplant_from_DWC.jpg

And here is my secret garden, finally all in soil! In a week I expect to see a lower stress level for everyone. I sprayed some of Docs STRESS formula from my kit on them.
Inside_Tent_2.jpg

Hopefully the transplants out of the DWC will still be alive in a week and repairing the way they take in nutrients. I need to get a larger and deeper swick for them. My WW was the first I transplanted and she is finally looking better but then again she did not have the amount of roots the others did. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom