Voodoo's 600W Top Fed Rdwc SCROG Random Strain

Thanks peejay and welcome! You are definitely right with most things I guess there is pros and cons for all, its finding that balance I guess.
Its getting close people!! Im thinking this week Im going to bite the bullet and start the flush could be a week flush maybe 2 well see how they develop.

Things are looking really nice there voodoo, good work.
I think you're right with the tops - if you have a lot they tend to be smaller, with fewer they tend to be bigger. I was quite brutal on my last grow at stripping out any weak growth to allow it to focus on fewer tops which were hopefully a bit bigger. It's trying to get that perfect balance is the trick I think, without overfilling the screen, but I've not managed to find that perfect balance myself just yet!

High temps can cause problems but my plants often endured 100'f + and keep growing , maybe a little unhappy but they grow. If they struggle with those temps all day that is bad news. Cheers eh!

That's pretty high temps for sure Voodoo, maybe after this harvest you could afford to get a little a/c unit to add to the grow room to help with heat.
Plants are looking great man, getting nice and frosty, they are very close. Are the big fan leaves starting to yellow a little?

WOOHOO!!!!:high-five:
I did a little research about flushing in hydro. In soil the plants require a 10 day to 2 week flush but in hydro its not quite as much. I found info saying 5-7 days in hydro. I am harvesting both closets this weekend, my large closet will have been flushed for 10 days and the smaller closet closet for 7 days.
I'm going to dry till ready, and cure for 2 weeks, and then I'll find out if the longer flush really matters or not, I'm thinking not though. Hydro is just so much more direct with the plants and therefore should flush much quicker than soil. It just makes sense to me. ;)

Great grow Voodoo and happy harvesting, looking forward to final updates and stats.

Yup, even before the flush the leaves were starting to yellow. The plant knew it was reaching the end of its life cycle. I'm going tomorrow night to pluck a few of the big fan leaves to lighten to work this weekend. I'm also gonna turn off the lights for the last 2 days before harvest.

Yup, even before the flush the leaves were starting to yellow. The plant knew it was reaching the end of its life cycle. I'm going tomorrow night to pluck a few of the big fan leaves to lighten to work this weekend. I'm also gonna turn off the lights for the last 2 days before harvest.

Im considering this lights out before harvest too do you think there is much truth to it? I can see it using more chlorophyll from its leaves during that time as during dark hours they use stored energy but im not sure on the upping the trichs thing?? stress induced supposedly? ive also read that swapping to mh during the last weeks ups the trich production. Im just gonna go au natural this time and use it as a base guide I think maybe 24 dark before harvest or something I dunno.

I doubt there is much truth to any resin increase during a dark phase before harvest, plants are at their highest THC levels during exposure to light. Heath Robinson suggested using different light bulbs during vegetative growth and flowering enhanced cannabis. Heath Robinson suggested using:

4K = Full Spectrum - SEEDLING / CUTTING

6.4k - Day Light - MAJORITY OF VEG

4K - Full Spectrum - LAST WEEK OF VEG

3K - Red Orange - MOST OF FLOWERING

10K - Uva Blue - FINAL WEEK.

Cold finish plants tend to be harvested at night at the peak cold temps. I mean outdoors anyways indoors is diferent ballgame I spose. I like how you change the color temps during your cycles like that :) interesting KJC :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom