Voodoo's 600W Top Fed Rdwc SCROG Random Strain

Ok so I watch the trichs, when you have a nice mix of clear/cloudy/amber trichs on your buds you harvest (I like a little couch lock).
At which point in trich development should I leave it till flushing? mostly clear to cloudy then flush for a week before harvest? or do I wait till I see the first signs of some amber development before flushing? how much trich development should I expect to achieve during the last week of flush?
I will be running a weaker EC (~1.5) for tomorrows res change they seem to be drinking a heap of water.
Oh I should add in that tomorrow is the start of week seven I possibly should have been flushing tomorrow but im holding out these girls have got a bit more in em yet im sure of it.

definitely getting there Voodoo, Looks like you lucked out on the "random strain" seed, those are some nice looking nugs my friend.;)

Thanks stealth! Im just glad a friend suggested taking a cutting from it 12 months ago when I grew it outdoors and he kindly kept 2 mothers the best of which he gave back to me nine months later and now here we are more of the same beautiful frosty buds I grew last year! A friend who grows weed is a friend indeed!! He is now also having a go at growing this strain out too so we will see how his crop differs and have a little more info on this particular strain.
It seems it produces smaller staggered buds with larger internodes and seems to have a small stretch after flipping to 12/12. So all in all it seems its not a huge yielder but I know its gonna be a nice smoke and is smelling very sweet so ill see how good a job I do with the flush and cure and see if I can do it justice.

mum is fully recovered and 1 week in 12/12. Not too much attention being paid there really but shes comin along.
IMAG10264.jpg

LOL the mixed batch of cuttings are still quite happy in the bubbler just about time to have to get some of them out though
IMAG10294.jpg

I'm at the same point as you Voodoo, as you know. I'm trying to find the info on when to start flush also but not much info out there, other than flush for the last 2 weeks. The question yo and I are having though is when is that last 2 weeks, you don't wanna cut off nutes to early or to late either. Its a balancing act.
I'm gonna play it by ear, and the calendar. I wanna harvest at 70 days after flip, and with Hydro I'm only gonna do a 10 day flush, so that means I'm starting Flush on day 60 after flip. However i'm definitely gonna have my trusty magnifying scope to check out what the trichomes are looking like. Depending on what I see I might extend the feed another week or decide to flush for the full 2 weeks.
I think this final phase of growth is the part where we will learn a lot Voodoo, and the knowledge will help us with our future grows for sure. Take notes my friend.;)

LOL I hope so AG! The magical herb is meant to de-stress me, so far this grow is distressing me and sending me grey...er. I still cant wait for the next one though lol.
OK I missed my update last night so here we go.
day 49 of bloom, res change ec 1.4, a+b, sugar rush ph 5.8
The tops are really thickening up now still mainly in the centre of the screen the edges are definitely lacking in lumens id say but it is what it is.
I did a bit of a defol of some of the now larger upper leaves to get some light to the still less developed lower growth.
Im thinking its pretty safe to say theyll give me 6oz as it stands but a half lb would be nice. If only I had a bit better start they could have been so much larger now. I am supper stoked with how much bud I have managed to pack into that 4ftx4ftx4inch space above my screen it just would have been nice to get them 6-8 inches above it. I think that is the only way I could have squeezed more buds in...Next time...

Yeah Voodoo, I think they still have a way to go also, they should swell for you soon. You got a ton of tops though, great work on the scrog, Beautiful, nice even canopy. :thumb:

>>>Looking back another week veg could have given me alot bigger yield

Yes this is true, up to 2-3 oz more. I am a firm believer that a longer vegetative time exponentially affects yield, as I am proving it to myself as another week goes by and my Bubb is growing THAT much more.

Anyway,I am glad that you are satisfied with your results so far, and may your buds swell in dankness ;)

Ok day 55, should be harvesting if this was an 8 weeker, anyways im not. The swell seems to be increasing momentum trichs are thick but still mainly clear which is fine im expecting the swelling to continue through to the bottom of the buds before its aged up. did a res change a little early tonight as the ec was still climbing im down to bugger all @ 1.05 ec gave them a good flush with phed water between changes.
the mother and daughters are entering flower with little pistils showing all over and starting to cluster at the tips. showed a lack of p so I gave them their first bloom nutes. still combating mite like things and gnats. bit the bullet and covered the soil with sand on one a few days ago and it seems to have worked I will probably do the same with them all and bottom feed from now on.
Made a trip into my not so local J/V and came out with these in preparation of whats to come. I love my buckets so the wooden slip in is really convenient and I couldn't leave without that tin.
IMAG10765.jpg

Back
Top Bottom