White Widow Regular Grow!

Insomnia is just one of my multiple medical conditions I wont go into on here though it nearly killed me. I actually started growing to cultivate CBD Candida 20% CBD from my Mother who several years ago began to develop early onset Alzheimers. I decided 5 years ago i would do everything in my power to save her brain from dying a slow death and its worked so far combined with Lions Main Mushroom!!! The last grow of Txaki by Medical Marijuana Genetics" 2:1 CBD:THC which is FINALLY ready to make her medicine. It was was a crossed with Candida amf Tiajuana, my first dominant Dativa, damn hard to train in my little room, though she was getting dizzy from the pure thc. Ironically enough shit happened to me as well and after sveral years of not smoking (only planning to grow for Mum) weed was the only thing that would help as I was slowly becoming an alcoholic (and I drink maybe 2-3 times a year.

Plans are progressing fast, my new 8" intake filter and 4-1 meters arrived in 2 days. New intake filter for the 8" in-taking from the coolest part of the house!

Insomnia is just one of my multiple medical conditions I wont go into on here though it nearly killed me. I actually started growing to cultivate CBD Candida 20% CBD from my Mother who several years ago began to develop early onset Alzheimers. I decided 5 years ago i would do everything in my power to save her brain from dying a slow death and its worked so far combined with Lions Main Mushroom!!! The last grow of Txaki by Medical Marijuana Genetics" 2:1 CBD:THC which is FINALLY ready to make her medicine. It was was a crossed with Candida amf Tiajuana, my first dominant Dativa, damn hard to train in my little room, though she was getting dizzy from the pure thc. Ironically enough shit happened to me as well and after sveral years of not smoking (only planning to grow for Mum) weed was the only thing that would help as I was slowly becoming an alcoholic (and I drink maybe 2-3 times a year.

Plans are progressing fast, my new 8" intake filter and 4-1 meters arrived in 2 days. New intake filter for the 8" in-taking from the coolest part of the house!
Awesome I did the same....started growing as a personal AA for myself when I went over board...so your not alone :high-five:...has been my light since. But good work helping your mom with the natural medicine.

Quick update... Temps are a little high today though I did a hardware run and I need to install the in-take fan with a very short length. It has a nice fly screen on it though I'll add a hepa filter into the layer just to be thorough. The Skywalker OG Auto seedling looking great for 2 days old. Found a nice little spray bottle I had stashed which mists the plants very nicely compared to my shitty hydro shop one. Couple of warm days and hopefully we'll get back to the cold! White Widows drunk their fill faster than expected, the readings showed dry in one and nor in the other. The pH from the shitty meter is reading 6.5 so maybe its doing something extra right !

20220415_030927.jpg
20220415_031206_HDR.jpg
20220415_030947_HDR.jpg
20220415_031014_HDR.jpg

Finally recovered from a chronic bout in Insomnia by gardening the fuck out of my property! 5 years worth of neglect outside, 5 years worth of green inside! Felt good, body is fucked though I need to add to my physio regime to help with all my other medical problems!

Todays Update:

Secured the wooden beam in the center of the room where ill plastic off the grow area and make sure its 110% light tight! I'm thinking of getting a mini led to I can clone in the maintenance area with maybe a tiny tent (my 5x5 is waaaaaay toooooo big! Temps are coming down because I opened the backdoor and with the night air sucking in through my current shitty 6" no fan in-take seems to be slowly cooling everything!

Plants have really bounced back nicely, I was rather worried about the initial leaf tip burn when I transplanted to the & gallon fabric pots though drying them out and waiting for the moisture meters to arrive before watering again has worked a treat!

The Skywalker OG seedling is coming on strong, its midi-chlorian count must be Sith level... The peppers are going great though still zero sign of germination from the 12 chillie seeds I planted few weeks back. I'll let them go another mount and see what happens, no rush on anything.

Putting the 8" Q-Max up tommowrow and getting in the roof to re-configure the ducting! WORK WORK WORK!!!

20220416_044938_HDR.jpg
20220416_045000_HDR.jpg
20220416_044950_HDR.jpg
20220416_045025_HDR.jpg
20220416_045017_HDR.jpg
20220416_045043_HDR.jpg
20220416_045117_HDR.jpg
20220416_045143_HDR.jpg

A suitable upgrade and bonus pic!!!

20220416_065115_HDR.jpg

New screen protector installed on the phone...

20220416_172243.jpg

Though a secret surprise on the inside!!! My current seed bank collection with another bag of random bag seed grows and F2 seeds from previous grows? Is that correct? I grew a Sweet Tooth and got 1 giant fat stripped seed out of the entire plant (first real grow outdoors in soil 5-6 years ago). Does anyone know what that means in its genetic lineage?

20220416_172303.jpg

HAPPY HIGH EASTER EVERYBODY!!!! SMOKE IT UP!!!!

:bongrip:

Quick update from the Deathstar II... The Emperor is in full swing in the garden and the plants are looking great today. More progress on the young Skywalker OG and the White Widows are perking up with the LST spreading out the foliage, new nodes forming nicely reaching for the light. More work on the to-do to satisfy my OCD. Bonus picture of my RSO oil I forgot I had stashed in the fridge. Think I'm going to have a nice "spicy" coffee with my rum!

20220412_022859.jpg

20220417_005806_HDR.jpg
20220417_082556_HDR.jpg
20220417_082634.jpg
20220417_082654_HDR.jpg
20220417_012701.jpg

I actually started growing to cultivate CBD Candida 20% CBD from my Mother who several years ago began to develop early onset Alzheimers. I decided 5 years ago i would do everything in my power to save her brain from dying a slow death and its worked so far combined with Lions Main Mushroom!!!
This is awesome. Did you happen to get your Candida buds tested? Were they 20% CBD? Do you make extract from that, or does your mother smoke or vape the buds? Another high CBD variety is Ringo's Gift. From Leafly:
Ringo’s Gift comes in several different phenotypes and ratios. The first of which is a “one-for-one” strain, meaning it has an equal ratio of CBD to THC, but Ringo's Gift has seen ratios as steep at 24:1 CBD/THC.

This is awesome. Did you happen to get your Candida buds tested? Were they 20% CBD? Do you make extract from that, or does your mother smoke or vape the buds? Another high CBD variety is Ringo's Gift. From Leafly:

Funny thing is in recent years, when she became ill with early onset Alzheimer's, we found out she was a big smoker back in the 70's. She loved her tobacco though one positive of her disease is she quit smoking. We began treatment with imported pure CBD extract from Endoca in Canada and it was costing me a fortune and I began not to trust the source, so I went out and spent my savings on the gear and beans, and being a giant pothead as a kid having an affinity for the plant, began to educate myself on the science. I got the full range from MMG at the time:

Candida
Txaki
Green Doctor
Nightingale
Hiydrow

My germination rates over the last 5 years sucked tbh. I have 4 of 5 Candida beans left out of their line. They did come fully hermetically sealed in MMJ packaging which was nice First grow I threw a Candida into the batch to learn how to grow it. Let's just say my first round wast a success though it did flower and was some pure clean relaxing smoke with zero high. You could smoke it all day long and just feel chilled out. Never had the buds tested, its illegal in my area so I'm defying the "MAN" to save my Mother. FUCK DA MAN! I'll do anything for my Mother she's the fucking most awesome person ever!

I really do need to quality control and figure it out all myself though I know I need thousands in lab gear for that, I'd rather focus on hard fractal distillation and the several thousand dollars needed for that gear so I can move past ethanol extraction and get the purest cleanest medicine. Not a fan of rosin pressing even though I've seen and done it and its clean. I also want to focus on the individual chemical structures until I wrap my head around it all. The key to human evolution is so closely and obviously linked with Cannabis. What do you think Cavemen did after We first made fire? Bet We rolled up a big old phatty and puff puff passed!

So long story short, I wasn't going to grow them until I wrapped my head around everything and felt confident to keep a perpetual grow going and a breeding program based around the genetics. At the time it was the only pure CBD available, Harlequin was sold out everywhere and I heard they ripped it off from those genetics from my Hydro shop Guru. Who knows. You shouldn't be allowed to patent a plant *coughs Charlotte's Web", everyone species we can get our hands on should be bred and kept for longevity (yes they have the seed bank vaults) though I mean for the WHOLE of humanity. People are still starving in fucking Africa and its the 21st century!

Anyways, edit, I just got distracted by the politics of hypocrisy. The Txati is great smoke and will provide a very mellow balanced high to treat Mother. It's not the best for my Insomnia, it goes well with a fresh cup of java in the morning to start off and get through your day! My current plan is to ease her back onto the oil, then do a Alzheimer's brain plaque flush with higher THC white widow and back to the CBD mixing up the strains until I find something that doesn't make her too dizzy! If any one else out there reads this and has a focus on Alzheimer's, I suggest you research Lions Main Mushroom. It's been keeping her stable whilst she's been off the oil. Nature is so amazing, we are just unlocking its deepest secrets! Some one HAS to figure out to cure for Alzheimer's!

Neurohealth Properties of Hericium erinaceus Mycelia Enriched with Erinacines

Dietary Supplementation of Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Agaricomycetes), and Spatial Memory in Wild-Type Mice

Quick update! After a few warmer days temps are back in check in the grow room. The White Widows are coming along great and are looking super healthy. The Skywalker OG Auto showing its second set of leaves! We're all watered up for the next few days, drying out the soil nicely.

20220418_234313_HDR.jpg
20220418_234943_HDR.jpg
20220418_234406_HDR.jpg

White Widow watering day! Bio Canna feed w/ Rhizotonic, Great White and Triple-R. Levels read @ pH 6.1 ec 0.5 temp 18C. 2.5 liters per plant in 500ml increments with a nice slow absorb. Potential future colas starting to reach for the lights.

Skywalker's popping out tiny new leaves on its 24 growth spurts. The peppers are coming along great though I'm not sure what the hell im going to do with them all right now, at least the space is being utilized.

Not very happy with my shitty scrog net (plus the plastic crap I accidentally bought). There isn't anything even about it though its doing the job for now. I have some old camping poles in the garage so I'll DIY 2 simple nets, bottom level which will sit over the table and an upper level which extends outwards, maybe connect them so them can slip into the flood to drain tray with gravity doing all the work.

20220419_233927_HDR.jpg
20220419_233953_HDR.jpg
20220419_234002.jpg
20220418_234943_HDR.jpg
20220419_234059.jpg

LUX light test from 600w to 750w... The Soltek runs at 1000w with a boost setting of 1250w (never attempted), though I've run it at 1000w during flower. It heats everything up nicely when its freezing outside! I'll eventually add to these readings for 1000w... You can see an increase in output and the need for a little shuffling of the light for point A. Humans eyes are shit for judging light. Use some sort of light meter!

Points of measure:

20220419_211406_HDR.jpg

Before:

A

Capture+_2022-04-20-06-44-21.jpg

B
Capture+_2022-04-20-06-44-33.jpg

C

Capture+_2022-04-20-06-44-53.jpg

After:

A

Capture+_2022-04-20-06-47-07.jpg

B

Capture+_2022-04-20-06-47-19.jpg

C

Capture+_2022-04-20-06-47-38.jpg

Big plans for the future! Plants look great. Man insomnia sucks. Have you tried edibles?
@LKABudMan I've tried everything besides Gorilla Glue #4...Thats next on the list!

I take oil straight in capsules or coffee (makes is SPICY!!!). The White Widow will be better, its one of my goto strains for Insomnia.

Lights have been on 750w for over an hour now and its finally time to feed to little padawan! Temps are perfectly in check and the fans and I may even re-direct the hot air from the light back into the room (yes I have options, every option, like LEGOS!!!!)...

A few minor nutrient burn marks and some suspicious dusty stuff on of this particular leaf, could be a small build up of powdery mildew??? Any ideas guys @LKABudMan @HappyHazmat88 @Growings ??? It came off afterwards as you can see.

I used Dutch Masters Penetrator and Liquid Light with Rhizotonic my first 2 grows and never had anything like this, my last grow I never misted her at at and the leaf matter was perfect with fuck all salt burn even from proper weekly flushings in coco. However, this is soil and I have been misting everyday with Rhizotonic (looking nice and nitrogen rich... too rich?) and not shaking the plants porperly afterwards (well it was a very fine light mist haha). Just trying to hydrate the girls a little and get the RH up a little.

I also finally racked my grey matter and figured out how to get the damn tent on, so I've recruited a mate to come round for a brew and a bowl so help me achieve Gorilla Grow Mylar status (I've only been using the frame for the last 5 years). It's going to be a tight SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!

20220420_073319.jpg
20220420_073526.jpg
20220420_074138.jpg
20220420_074205.jpg
20220420_073804.jpg
20220420_073841.jpg
20220420_073633.jpg

Skywalker OG Auto bonus post!

Feed off CMX Cal-Mag, Mill A+B, Great White and Triple-r. pH 5.8 EC 0.5 temp 18C.

Run off came out at ph 5.8 and EC 1.4

Got in some extra close up shots today! Noice! G'day Mates!
20220420_083211_HDR.jpg
20220420_083217_HDR.jpg
20220420_083223.jpg
20220420_083253_HDR.jpg
20220420_083310.jpg

STONED THOUGHT OF THE DAY:

"Gosh darn-it I thunk I got it! I'm going to attempt to breed my own strain with:

Candida (CD-1) Feminised Seeds​

by Medical Marijuana Genetics

The flagship strain from Medical Marijuana Genetics, Candida (CD-1), meaning Bright Light in Latin, offers a 20:1 CBD:THC ratio, the highest ever count of a CBD-rich phenotype in Europe to date.

crossed with:

Original Glue (GG#4) S1 Feminised Seeds (Limited Edition) - 6​

by GG Strains

S1 version of the renowned legend GG#4.

via a male:

Jack Herer Regular Seeds - 10​

by Sensi Seeds

Strong uplifting cerebral high and a giggly edge.

Hmmmm yum!

Are you shooting for a 1:1 variety? There's Stephen Hawking Kush. Yah know, you can have high CBD, or high THC, or 1:1 – but you can't have high CBD and high THC at the same time. And then there's the weird CBG... I grew one and it had about 13% CBG, but no THC and no CBD.

Guess id see how it comes out! I know little to zero on genetics and I sucked at in in highschool... Gotta get the text books out gah! Theres still beneifits from other chemicals. I grow a plant specifically for CBNs and my Insomnia and you can tell the difference in the smoke.

Here's something I posted recently to another thread:

I'm not a breeder (yet, ha ha), but it seems you have two possible paths – one is to create a seed strain, the other is to create a hybrid phenotype that you will clone [both involve pollination]. The first, of course, is a lot more involved and you should probably pick up a reference book, such as The Cannabis Breeder's Bible, by Greg Green (I have a copy). The second option is a lot more accessible – i.e. you can grow out your seed [from your breeding] and see what kinds of plants and buds you get, searching for the best phenos. For photo plants, you can clone the phenos before you flower, thereby keeping the genetics of anything that turns out to be particularly good. Then keep a clone mother, or clone the clones, and you've got your new strain there.

I used a couple terms that I should clarify: "hybrid" and "strain". When I said "hybrid phenotype" I meant the crossing of two different cannabis varieties – i.e. pollen from a male plant of one variety, used to fertilize a female of another variety. I don't necessarily mean hybrid as in indica/sativa hybrid. I am using the generic meaning of strain, as in a genetic variant. That's what I meant when I said "you've got your new strain". It's kind of cool to realize that when you do a cross like this, you then have a hybrid plant that – through cloning – gives you stable, reproducible genetics.

Regarding phenotypes, I wrote:

Plants from seed often have a lot of variability as you are experiencing. The plants are showing their phenotypes, which boils down to genetic variation. Different phenotypes react differently to their environment. Seed lines that have a lot of genetic stability will have more uniform phenotypes, and this is achieved by expert breeding practices. I am currently growing clones of three phenotypes (aka "phenos") of a particular CBD strain, and they are all very different. One in particular looks like a completely different strain. There's so much to say about phenos, but I'll just say that it's a lot of fun to select the best ones and to propagate them by cloning. The big cannabis breeders will do "pheno hunting," looking among hundreds or thousands of plants for those exceptional variations that are best for their breeding project, to arrive at whatever traits they are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom