Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

i think either way will work, but i pinch...

sooo, hiding in plain view huh....nice concept....glad you finally got what clan they're from....they are soooo sneaky, i can hear mine going "here she comes, watch her hands and fingernails....shes trying to make us fat...." i think they hate me some days....

tonight i get to crawl thru the jungle and change ribbons....didnt do one the other day, had it clear x'ed and all and hubby was so proud of himself when
came in to tell me he had helped....he said the one in the corner was drinking again, so he fed her....i just kinda gulped....re clear xed her the next day...so we start over on that one....he really goes by the ribbons, so i have to change them or they would be on the same food forever....he says he having fun helping, soooo, not to dampen his spirits, i said nothing....the plant is a dud anyway, not fond of it at all....its a local brand, and has never grown me anything but buttons....which when i first started were very nice, but not now....

im going to try to regenerate the m.w., so its good seeing how you do it....have fun in your garden....lavendar

I love me some big plants. What are you using for fertilizer on the outdoor girls? We'll have to see who has the biggest haul this year between all of the outdoor growers.
:thumb:

I can't give you a firm answer, but I always pinch off the fruit on young plants until they can get established. I did this with my strawberries last year and they ended up huge. I don't know why the final product would be small.

First off I forgot to answer your earlier question Bud! What fert do I use outdoors? Well I would use fish Emulsion, but them I'd have to sit out all night waiting for our friendly family of hungry Raccoons from the Bird Feeder Raiding Clan of Raccoons. The bird feeder is on the back deck and is boarded up every night just to piss them off. They are related to my wifes favorite raccoons of the Fish Emulsion Loving Clan that recently dug up her just planted lilac shoots following (my advise) the fish emulsion application, the same night! Paw prints never lie! Soooooo......... As far as veg ferts go...hmmmm. I used to use Miracle Grow, but since coming to this site I see the errors of my way with that route, sooooo......... Not sure! Glad you reminded me! I may have to get something else. Fast!

So you 'pinch', alright, I guess are 'small' fruit is most likely due to either over feeding or pots that are too small?

i think either way will work, but i pinch...

sooo, hiding in plain view huh....nice concept....glad you finally got what clan they're from....they are soooo sneaky, i can hear mine going "here she comes, watch her hands and fingernails....shes trying to make us fat...." i think they hate me some days....

tonight i get to crawl thru the jungle and change ribbons....didnt do one the other day, had it clear x'ed and all and hubby was so proud of himself when
came in to tell me he had helped....he said the one in the corner was drinking again, so he fed her....i just kinda gulped....re clear xed her the next day...so we start over on that one....he really goes by the ribbons, so i have to change them or they would be on the same food forever....he says he having fun helping, soooo, not to dampen his spirits, i said nothing....the plant is a dud anyway, not fond of it at all....its a local brand, and has never grown me anything but buttons....which when i first started were very nice, but not now....

im going to try to regenerate the m.w., so its good seeing how you do it....have fun in your garden....lavendar

Well Lavendar you and Bud stankalot are now on my wifes list of people to like. I told her what you two said and after she heard your name Bud she laughed, thought it was an appropriate name for a pot grower! Lavendar, I explained that you are a wise Native American woman. That is enough for my wife to now beleive everything you say, about anything natural! My wife loves anything native American. Her first book that she read after I meet her was my Sacajawea novel and ever since she is 'enchanted' and inspired by early Native American life and history. You should tell her for me that it is OK for me to grow indoor, outdoor or anywhere in between and she will listen to you and let me! My wife was fresh from the Philippines when I met her in Chi town and had no preconceived notions about anything. Of course it helped that I always had a great interest in Native culture.
Right now my wife is outside making her campfire. She is a natural when it comes to making a fire. One of her favorite things to do! I'm going to join her just as soon as I get 'something' ready!

Your husband is the best! That was so him to feed your plants like that and be proud of it to boot! Good job not ruining his day!:bravo:

Log homes and cabins have always been a weak spot for me...something about all that natural wood grain just makes me really relaxed and "at home". Just saying... lol. Maybe it was because of all the camping/hunting trips I took as a kid up to my grandfather's log cabin on a remote river in Alaska. Kinda miss that stuff.

hummmm, my gr. granny would have snuck up on anyone who tried to take her smoke, and not in a good way...one of my earliest memories is of these old men comming to the house and granny digging out these ugly root looking things, #eyote, and them taking them to a sweat....she was the keeper of medicine...she believed that the great spirit put all things on earth, if they were not for mans use...they would not be here....she would not kill a snake unless it was for a purpose...and her weed, well, that was her life blood....they used to play bones (dominoes) and cards at night....very hot okla. nights, and all smoke weed....i never thought anything about it...i guess i thought it was just something people did....they would gripe about their legs and backs ect, and the pipe would be passed and soon all would be laughing and talking about their day and such....seemed natural....when the women would come to the house to give birth, my first job was to tear rags, and boil water for the tea pot....and put the herb in it for tea, always strong, i remember that....and she would roll a cigarette or load a pipe for them....i guess i thought it was like how the others offer coffee or pop....in our house it was a pipe, especially if they were in a bad mood.....usually had buttermilk also....i still like buttermilk with my smoke.....yeah, weird i know....we used it for all kinds of things, it was string for diff. things, and even the dogs would chew up the stems....they enjoyed it....
i learned from her that there is nothing really that is inherantly wrong, it is what a person does with it....it was also used to calm children, by blowing in their faces....i know that seems wrong now, but in her day when you were sneaking thru enemy territory, the kids had better be quiet....so please let your wife know, that it was only after moving off our land, that i found out what an "evil" drug marijuana was supposed to be....i had only seen the good in it, and still do....hard for me to believe that others saw it as horrid when it was an everyday thing for us....my aunt smoked it in her pipe until she died...and was smoking it when she passed....one story about her was we all played cards, so i had my bag over there in my purse, guess she saw it and just proceeded to get it....(was col. gold, and $$$)...i said nothing as the rule is share....she loaded her whole pipe full...and sat there and smoked bowl after bowl of it....at first i wanted to cry, but ended up having a great time knowing that i had made her day....now she was a stoner on par with the hubby.....it took all her pains away also....enuf b.s.....later, lavendar...hey, i use mir. gro. and still do outside....sometimes the organics cant keep up with the rapid growth of the vegs, i use tomatoe food that is not organic, and it works great....not into putting a fish in every pot....too much time, and it stinks....we also have a "rocky" raccoon problem here, have koi, so they come to fish....not good

oh yeah, by the by, your plants look good, (read great) and you should keep growing them, they are vital to your health, mentally and physically, you protect and nourish them and they will do the same for you....they will replace so many pills the docs try to push on you, but i'm preaching to the choir, so will shut up....think herbally....my son never had a pill or sugar until he was 15yrs old, or a tooth ache....

what do you know about mazar? i know little, but have one mixed with gr. white shark.....just curious....lavendar

Hi Woodsman I caught up! It took a while though, your busy over here my friend. Is the runt by chance a sativa and you didn't know it? We might be harvesting the same day.:smokin::smokin::smokin:

You sure she's not from the Take Forever Clan?:cheer:

See your well equipped for the outside grow....is there any where you could send the wife for a while? What she don't know wont hurt her. When she gets back, she'll just think you have some new trees that smell funny. Although she has the eyes of a hawk, based on you own words. Guess that's a bad idea,:smokin:

Congratulations on the regeneration It worked! :cheer:

Hi Woodsman I caught up! It took a while though, your busy over here my friend. Is the runt by chance a sativa and you didn't know it? We might be harvesting the same day.:smokin::smokin::smokin:

See your well equipped for the outside grow....is there any where you could send the wife for a while? What she don't know wont hurt her. When she gets back, she'll just think you have some new trees that smell funny. Although she has the eyes of a hawk, based on you own words. Guess that's a bad idea,:smokin:

i think i remember saying once that i thought she was sativa....that would make it a total other ball game huh? no wonder she is a lingerer.....but worth the wait....lavendar

Hey, i'm happy your triyng a new variety mixing pepper and weed :rofl::rofl:
I'm really happy see another (in the same) journal starting from you
Hope the best.
:peace::peace:

Well, I feel special. I bet we all would get along well. I'm just about the most outdoors you can get while still living under a modern roof. I hope you and your wife have a pleasant evening, Woods. I know I'm about to after hearing that. Later, Brother.

Thanks my friend I told her what you said and she thanks you also for wishing her a pleasant evening (which we did). The wife got the fire going and when I went out there after rolling one, she was already grilling a hot dog for herself on a stick. After smoking several hits, I ended up grabbing two wieners from the fridge myself, grilled'm up nice and black the way I like, toasted a big bagel and with nothing else on them, down the hatch! Sat out for a few hours and talked about all kinds of things (except things that would get us in a bad mood). Great time, we do this often on less windy nights.

Log homes and cabins have always been a weak spot for me...something about all that natural wood grain just makes me really relaxed and "at home". Just saying... lol. Maybe it was because of all the camping/hunting trips I took as a kid up to my grandfather's log cabin on a remote river in Alaska. Kinda miss that stuff.

Grandpa's cabin sound neat. Great memories Lil, they will be with you always! I'm not a city boy at all. Grew up in a rural yet kind of suburban area. Our house was a renovated old farmhouse with a couple of 'wild' acres, but almost surrounded by encroaching development. All my friends lived in the 'new' homes. Ours was actually very nice. My Dad was an Architect and this was his personal project. I could never live in the city. Did when I was a young stud (Chicago) and that was great as far as the ladies were concerned, but I remember even then, that I longed to be in the woods! California was suburbia, but I was able to get away every weekend to the most beautiful places on earth. Were I'm at now is more 'farmland' and is not wild anymore, unless your a weekender from Chicago! I think they believe this is the 'wilderness'! Look Johnny, a wild cow over there! LOL

hummmm, my gr. granny would have snuck up on anyone who tried to take her smoke, and not in a good way...one of my earliest memories is of these old men comming to the house and granny digging out these ugly root looking things, #eyote, and them taking them to a sweat....she was the keeper of medicine...she believed that the great spirit put all things on earth, if they were not for mans use...they would not be here....she would not kill a snake unless it was for a purpose...and her weed, well, that was her life blood....they used to play bones (dominoes) and cards at night....very hot okla. nights, and all smoke weed....i never thought anything about it...i guess i thought it was just something people did....they would gripe about their legs and backs ect, and the pipe would be passed and soon all would be laughing and talking about their day and such....seemed natural....when the women would come to the house to give birth, my first job was to tear rags, and boil water for the tea pot....and put the herb in it for tea, always strong, i remember that....and she would roll a cigarette or load a pipe for them....i guess i thought it was like how the others offer coffee or pop....in our house it was a pipe, especially if they were in a bad mood.....usually had buttermilk also....i still like buttermilk with my smoke.....yeah, weird i know....we used it for all kinds of things, it was string for diff. things, and even the dogs would chew up the stems....they enjoyed it....
i learned from her that there is nothing really that is inherantly wrong, it is what a person does with it....it was also used to calm children, by blowing in their faces....i know that seems wrong now, but in her day when you were sneaking thru enemy territory, the kids had better be quiet....so please let your wife know, that it was only after moving off our land, that i found out what an "evil" drug marijuana was supposed to be....i had only seen the good in it, and still do....hard for me to believe that others saw it as horrid when it was an everyday thing for us....my aunt smoked it in her pipe until she died...and was smoking it when she passed....one story about her was we all played cards, so i had my bag over there in my purse, guess she saw it and just proceeded to get it....(was col. gold, and $$$)...i said nothing as the rule is share....she loaded her whole pipe full...and sat there and smoked bowl after bowl of it....at first i wanted to cry, but ended up having a great time knowing that i had made her day....now she was a stoner on par with the hubby.....it took all her pains away also....enuf b.s.....later, lavendar...hey, i use mir. gro. and still do outside....sometimes the organics cant keep up with the rapid growth of the vegs, i use tomatoe food that is not organic, and it works great....not into putting a fish in every pot....too much time, and it stinks....we also have a "rocky" raccoon problem here, have koi, so they come to fish....not good

oh yeah, by the by, your plants look good, (read great) and you should keep growing them, they are vital to your health, mentally and physically, you protect and nourish them and they will do the same for you....they will replace so many pills the docs try to push on you, but i'm preaching to the choir, so will shut up....think herbally....my son never had a pill or sugar until he was 15yrs old, or a tooth ache....

what do you know about mazar? i know little, but have one mixed with gr. white shark.....just curious....lavendar

Well Ms. Lavendar you've outdone yourself this time and after I write this I'm going to Rep you ( If I can). That is a beautiful story, and I read it to my wife. She was laughing and told me to tell you that she thinks you are a nice lady and a great teller of stories, that you should write about these things so the youngsters will learn what it was like. I told her that you were writing, but couldn't remember what about! LOL (short term memory loss I guess). I was able to kind of picture these things happening and I can see you as this beautiful little girl helping out the 'elders' and taking it all in. Later you would use these lessons in your own life! Your a gem my dear! Keep telling these stories! I'm sure I'm not the only one 'enchanted' by them!

Mazar is a mostly indica cross of Afghani and Skunk#1. I grew it before the last NL#5 grow and got only one female of the three planted, but it turned out to be a 'dud'. Not potent. These were the 'free' seeds that came with the NL#5 so I'm not sure if it was a 'shelf life' issue or if it was a product of my not growing it right (no pH checking). I'm going to give them another chance and grow them correctly this time outside. I have my two last seeds planted and they are now a couple inches high under my lights upstairs sitting on Big Girls pot in fact (see the pic form earlier). By all accounts I've heard, my 'failure' was not a normal outcome for the F1 cross. High THC by the way. It is not the Mazar e Sharif as this one is crossed with the mostly sativa Skunk #1,about 70% indica I believe.

I'd send her to her sisters for a vacation but she and her brother in law don't see eye to eye lately and when you don't see eye to eye with my wife, well you know how it is with me and my smoke. I would pity the poor man!

The Runt should be like the rest a mostly indica. NL#5 is a mostly indica strain unlike some of the other NL strains. But of course their is sativa in the mix so who knows? She did have wide leaves early in her life (when she had leaves). Maybe her Mom's side of the family has a long flowering time trait. She is not a tall plant and other than taking forever to mature she has been a problem free girl! Checked her today and saw a couple of amber trichomes, but nothing to write home about yet!

I cleared a small area right at the edge of the woods where I could grow if I needed to. All depends on how many survive to larger pot size dimensions. the cool weather has really strained these bagseed babies and most are very stretched. Lost several due to wind blow because of their 'spindly' stems. I should have at least 5 that should make it.. I would only plant the bagseed in the ground. the mazar and the NL#5 from seed will go in pots up on the deck where papa can keep a good eye on'em.

The Regenerated Big Girl is growing fine right now and one of the three NL#5 seeds has emerged from the soil, hopefully the others will do the same today or tomorrow.

i think i remember saying once that i thought she was sativa....that would make it a total other ball game huh? no wonder she is a lingerer.....but worth the wait....lavendar

Like I mentioned to OMM above, she may have that trait in here from some of the 'in-laws'. YOu never know with 'in-laws'!
Hey, i'm happy your triyng a new variety mixing pepper and weed :rofl::rofl:
I'm really happy see another (in the same) journal starting from you
Hope the best.
:peace::peace:

Hey buddy, good to hear from you , I've got to see what's going on over at your end. I see movement on the email page at your place!

Pepper Strain Hmmmm? You know, the Chem Dog that ChiJoe had smelled kind of like a black pepper! who knows where papa was when he was younger? Papa could have been a 'rolling stone' and liked those little south of the border pepperitas!

Hi Woodsman Don't know if I should post this at all. But it is a true story story.
An old friend of mine, who now grows mmj for the masses in Colorado somewhere. Let's just say he was not an all American type guy.:smokin:
He met and married a tall willowy Filipina lady, who I thought was way too good for him. Even Joanne liked her. I was right. After one of his 2 or 3 day nutty runs, he woke up with her straddling him with a knife at his throat. Scared the bejesus out of him! :smokin: She flat told him to stop all the crap. The man straightened up for a while and they moved to Colorado which she couldn't stand it. Long story short. He gave her 20 grand and they got a divorce. She was happy and he is relived. Damn shame she was gold.

Guess I am reinforcing what you already know. Never, ever really piss her off! :ganjamon:

Hi Woodsman Don't know if I should post this at all. But it is a true story story.
An old friend of mine, who now grows mmj for the masses in Colorado somewhere. Let's just say he was not an all American type guy.:smokin:
He met and married a tall willowy Filipina lady, who I thought was way too good for him. Even Joanne liked her. I was right. After one of his 2 or 3 day nutty runs, he woke up with her straddling him with a knife at his throat. Scared the bejesus out of him! :smokin: She flat told him to stop all the crap. The man straightened up for a while and they moved to Colorado which she couldn't stand it. Long story short. He gave her 20 grand and they got a divorce. She was happy and he is relived. Damn shame she was gold.

Guess I am reinforcing what you already know. Never, ever really piss her off! :ganjamon:

Great story OMM! Sound like he was pretty lucky there! Could have been a 'life long problem' for him. LOL!

Got to say that even with all the nagging about my grows and smoking and with the fact that I haven't got us 'moved' yet (out west) my wife is still a gem. She is a really good girl and if she has any faults is because she's married to me! LOL. I love her dearly and she love me also. We just have differences of opinions about stuff. If I could get her out to Nevada, she would be much better off with her demeanor! :cool:

Something about Western states just seems more relaxed...I've lived in four states now, five depending on what you consider "living", from Alaska to the Midwest to the Deep South (and I do mean deep, throw a rock and darn near hit the Gulf of Mexico) and then to Colorado where I've been for about a year now. I can honestly say that after over a decade in the South it felt like being reborn moving out here as my ideology and preferred "poison" did not mesh too well with many folks down there. Nice people, great food, hot women...oh man the HOT women (never been anywhere else that had as beautiful of women...22 states so far)...but the so called "Southern hospitality" isn't all that it's cracked up to be. I've actually found that people are much nicer here than down there although the food culture sucks lol. They're quite hospitable down there until the subject of politics or pot comes up and then the true colors come out. There are some really cool people down there though you just have to look hard for them.

Update - The Runt 12th week of Flower

Well I saw a couple more amber trichs on her earlier today. That's the most movement in a week! Any guesses for her final day? Week 13 or 14 maybe? LOL!

Outdoor Update

big Girl is doing fine, continues to grow like an infant plant - slowely! I'm thinking that she will have a growth spurt within a week. When she gets her second set of leaves, I'll move her outside for good. Filtered sunlight to get her adjusted at first. Doing that today with the two Mazar babies. They are both well on their way and are starting their third set of leaves now. I've got them in a spot on the deck that gives them somewhat filtered light. I'll give them another day or two like that, sound OK?

Good news and some bad. The NL#5 seed grow has only one plant up. Nice healthy baby! That's the good news. Bad news is one of the other two seeds never progressed past the emerging tap root, then it stopped! Hasn't had any more growth since I placed them in soil the other day. Worse than that, I killed the other one! AHHGH! The seed head had just emerged from the surface, I checked to see how firm it was by touching it with my fingertip and it came off the root! I don't know why it came off so easy? Oh well, I've got NL#5 in Big Girl and hopefully a female in the one seedling. The other bagseed babies are doing just fine outside in the full sun and are now seem to be having their first spurt.

I had one of my seeds I planted early during this grow that just seemed weak period...it took forever to sprout and when it did it never got past the 'baby' leaves, turned yellow, and died. Never know, could have been bad genetics or something else.

As for the Runt...I've been saying any day now for weeks too so I feel ya!

Something about Western states just seems more relaxed...I've lived in four states now, five depending on what you consider "living", from Alaska to the Midwest to the Deep South (and I do mean deep, throw a rock and darn near hit the Gulf of Mexico) and then to Colorado where I've been for about a year now. I can honestly say that after over a decade in the South it felt like being reborn moving out here as my ideology and preferred "poison" did not mesh too well with many folks down there. Nice people, great food, hot women...oh man the HOT women (never been anywhere else that had as beautiful of women...22 states so far)...but the so called "Southern hospitality" isn't all that it's cracked up to be. I've actually found that people are much nicer here than down there although the food culture sucks lol. They're quite hospitable down there until the subject of politics or pot comes up and then the true colors come out. There are some really cool people down there though you just have to look hard for them.

I had one of my seeds I planted early during this grow that just seemed weak period...it took forever to sprout and when it did it never got past the 'baby' leaves, turned yellow, and died. Never know, could have been bad genetics or something else.

As for the Runt...I've been saying any day now for weeks too so I feel ya!

Hey Lil! Good to have ya around. I love the feeling of the Western States and the beauty of the surroundings. The people (at least in the more rural areas) are very friendly. When I moved to the Midwest I was still waving to people as I was driving! They must have thought I was an idiot! LOL. Seemed to be a common and very nice habit of many of the folks living in the mountain states (again, not in the cities). My wife noticed the friendliness right away on her three visits out there. That's one of reasons she doesn't like it here and loves it out there.

The area I'm in is just like what you said about the south, Not very tolerant of 'our favorite pastime'. Also not very friendly to strangers. When I drove (truck) out west I was a stranger everywhere I went, but very rarely felt like one!

Ha ha. That's funny about waving to everybody. When you're in the city, that's a no no. Happens to me too when I visit until I start getting dirty looks from the city slickers. I live in rural midwest and if you don't wave to everybody they think something's wrong with you. My town has a grand total of 286 people in it. I know damn near every single one of them. I'm still pretty far out in the sticks I don't have to worry about anybody popping over though.

Funny story:

on monday I walked out of work around lunch. As I was walking to my van, I saw a lady across the street and kinda half waved half nodded at her.

I got in my van and opened the windows when I noticed she was at the passenger door. We said hi and she asked if we knew each other. I told her no and that I was going to lunch. A little small talk and then she asks me, "are you a cop?" and at the point I realized she was working.

I told her I was not a cop and that I wasn't looking for a date. She said something about , "well, that was weird" and walked away.

Funny story:

on monday I walked out of work around lunch. As I was walking to my van, I saw a lady across the street and kinda half waved half nodded at her.

I got in my van and opened the windows when I noticed she was at the passenger door. We said hi and she asked if we knew each other. I told her no and that I was going to lunch. A little small talk and then she asks me, "are you a cop?" and at the point I realized she was working.

I told her I was not a cop and that I wasn't looking for a date. She said something about , "well, that was weird" and walked away.

You didn't tell the real end to that story, did you? Lol. That's why I don't live in the city anymore. You can't even innocently wave to somebody these days.

Funny story:

You didn't tell the real end to that story, did you? Lol. That's why I don't live in the city anymore. You can't even innocently wave to somebody these days.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: LMFAO:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

....Oh damn. thats some funny shit.. I bet you were blazed too, and probably had no I dea what was going on till' you sat back and thought about it, huh??? At least thats how I'd have handled it.
oh, funny funny...........geeeze.....:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Back
Top Bottom