Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

I haven't grown any TGA SubCool, in part because it's all regular not fem. But, I drooled at the descriptions until 'the Void': "Taste is almost indescribable, like rotting fruit, citrus, and baby poo with a hint of pepper" Don't think I want to get too familiar with peppery baby poo.

Cheech, "tastes like shit, man" Chong, "Yeah man, good shit"

I read that description, and then grew out a bagseed that fit the description really well (in retrospect I think the seed came from a bag of Romulan we picked up way back). The funny part? I ended up really liking it, and somehow it worked, haha. It was really good and a great high. Grew it with that Blueberry, actually. I gave the Blueberry all the space - ended up wishing I'd have given the bagseed (Romulan?) the space instead. But... Right away I thought, "This is what Subcool's description is referring too!"

One of those things I liked and felt weird for liking. My wife felt the exact same way, and it was her favorite for s long while. We called her "Missy". I think she still has a little stash of it hidden away for special occasions - true story. :)

Thank you :bigblush:

I definitely will pick your brains if it comes to it my darling. It is a consideration but I am wondering whether for the absolute nightmare it would be to alter the wardrobe to suitable spec the increase in yield would be enough. I'm running a 250W MH/HPS at the moment and it is quite warm.

I have got a 6400k Blue 125W CFL (in the grow) and a 2700K Red 125W CFL (not in the grow). I could easier afford another 2 or 4 (I don't want three, that will make it an uneven number :)) of those and make some sort of distribution for them. I'm sure heat wouldn't be a problem with these, I get the feeling in my climate it's only when it starts getting warm (which is not all that often) I have to worry about the temperatures. I started my grow when it was really hot and struggled but now it is too cold! :laugh:

My problem is lack of width. I've got a great cupboard for a single sativa to be honest, but I don't want one and am not skilled enough to grow one. A lot of the growing height goes to total waste.

I just know that no major works, powers tools or anything like that can take place now so I am rather limited to what I can do. I am going to move the fans about so I maximise floor space and space at the heights I tend to grow my plants.

But if you have any other ideas I am always very open to them! I may be able to invest a little bit over time, but definitely no major expenses. Grrrrr .... if I had a bigger house I'd just get Mr Fluffy to cut me some big bits of wood and then I'd glue them together with No More Nails. Bingo, I don't need to use a power tool :) (shame though, they are really good fun, I love building things).

Sorry I digressed. I hope you managed to dig my points and questions out OK my friend.

:circle-of-love:

The more light, the bigger the bud yield potential. Light intensity is everything (almost) when it comes to yield. Like us all, you just have to do the best with what you've got - adding cfl's is a positive step if more HID watts need to wait a bit. Grow-creep is setting in with you, just like it has with the rest of us... welcome to the club young lady!!! Many ways to grow nice bud - I've seen impressive bud grown with cfl's and t5's, nothing more.

I wish I knew how the heat would be for you, maybe it would work? That's a tough one, but if you can easily keep 250w cool, maybe. If not? Doubtful it would be worth the headache without better exhausting, IMO...

a lot of people take summers off from indoor growing due to the heat battle, so maybe temps will be easier for you now?...

Love the strains, good luck (as if you need it lol) I'll definantly be watching ur grow! :blunt:

:thanks: Delocated - but I can use all the luck I can get. Sometimes it's a lot of work for my gimpy arse, so a little luck never hurts! Glad to have you along for another. :)

Beautiful nug X! I love the dark blue frostiness. You have no idea how much it means to me getting these compliments from you :laughtwo:. I'd say I'm a fan of your grows but that would be an understatement. I followed your guide to harvest blog and got wonderful smokes. As a matter of fact, I'm honestly baking brownies according to your recipe right now :), finished everything just waiting on the brownies to bake :).
I completely agree about the potency of blueberry, it's not the best. All in all, however, considering how yummy the smoke was I think it's a winner :thumb:. I really liked the thick berry puffs.
I'm really excited about this whole grow and especially the TGA's. :popcorn::popcorn:
Welcome iSmokes - Glad to have you! :thumb:

By the way, your Auto Blueberry nug was spectacular. I was really tripping on how similar it was to my reg Blueberry nugs from the one I grew. Maybe I'll post a pic when I get a moment... Blueberry is a real looker, but mine was a bit weak in potency compared to some other strains, and a light yielder. Anyway, nice job!

The more light, the bigger the bud yield potential. Light intensity is everything (almost) when it comes to yield. Like us all, you just have to do the best with what you've got - adding cfl's is a positive step if more HID watts need to wait a bit. Grow-creep is setting in with you, just like it has with the rest of us... welcome to the club young lady!!! Many ways to grow nice bud - I've seen impressive bud grown with cfl's and t5's, nothing more.

I wish I knew how the heat would be for you, maybe it would work? That's a tough one, but if you can easily keep 250w cool, maybe. If not? Doubtful it would be worth the headache without better exhausting, IMO...

a lot of people take summers off from indoor growing due to the heat battle, so maybe temps will be easier for you now?...
Not just the heat, but that's a non issue in her climate where fluffyness comes in handy. Ventilation is crucial, and probably odor control with that. CO2 is the problem, as huge proportion of biomass is from just that. Air movement and air exchange will make a closet grow work. Closed doors will kill them, sadly strangled on their own waste oxygen. I used to open my wardrobe grow boxes during the lighting hours, but PE stunk so loud nearly got me in a heap of trouble. For me, the solution is a sealed small room with processing gear: dehumidifier, temperature control, air scrubbing, CO2 source with metered auto control. Automate everything possible.
A happy gator basks on the river bank, no thrashing in the jungle ;)

Beautiful nug X! I love the dark blue frostiness. You have no idea how much it means to me getting these compliments from you :laughtwo:. I'd say I'm a fan of your grows but that would be an understatement. I followed your guide to harvest blog and got wonderful smokes. As a matter of fact, I'm honestly baking brownies according to your recipe right now :), finished everything just waiting on the brownies to bake :).I completely agree about the potency of blueberry, it's not the best. All in all, however, considering how yummy the smoke was I think it's a winner :thumb:. I really liked the thick berry puffs.I'm really excited about this whole grow and especially the TGA's. :popcorn::popcorn:

Cool! I'm extremely honored and flattered by that, iSmokes. Thank you for the kind words. I hope the brownies turn out great for you. Now I want to make some more... Maybe tomorrow. :)

What!!!!!! 3 pages already??
It's growing faster than Hydro in here!!

This is going to be a fun ride!
Kinda like one of those parties where all your best friends are there.
There's plenty to smoke and drink!
In a tidy and clean place..
Everyone is comfortable..
Amazing conversations..
rad tunes..
With the most welcoming and humble host...

:party::yahoo::party::headbanger:

subbed in with bells on for this one my friend
sorry I'm late..

YEAH WHAT gATOR SAID AND ALL THE OTHER FOLKS:)

Not just the heat, but that's a non issue in her climate where fluffyness comes in handy. Ventilation is crucial, and probably odor control with that. CO2 is the problem, as huge proportion of biomass is from just that. Air movement and air exchange will make a closet grow work. Closed doors will kill them, sadly strangled on their own waste oxygen. I used to open my wardrobe grow boxes during the lighting hours, but PE stunk so loud nearly got me in a heap of trouble. For me, the solution is a sealed small room with processing gear: dehumidifier, temperature control, air scrubbing, CO2 source with metered auto control. Automate everything possible.
A happy gator basks on the river bank, no thrashing in the jungle ;)

Yes, most definitely. All great points, Gator. I agree that proper air exchange is essential to much more than temps. :thumb:

wow this thing is moving like keanu and bullock ! im pushing my way in grabbin a big overstuffed lazy boi just like me! strains sound delectable, no cheese huh? hmmm ok i'll stay anyway, im gonna have blue dream and gdp in my newest journal thought you'd wanna know, now pass the dessert tray,,,im fat remember lol

Don't worry BID, I'll grow Cheese eventually. I'm thinking round after next. Oh, and I'm hella jealous of the Blue Dream and GDP!!

I already have the next round tentatively planned. I really love the Super Lemon Haze I grew, and still have a cutting of it. SLH cured up to be absolutely as good as it's reputation. Man, I love the flavor - Lemonheads candy best describes it, and really great "up" weed.

So, this has me wanting to grow a round of Super Silver/Lemon Haze and related strains. I have the seeds to go with the SLH already, and have been anxious to grow them.

This is my current plan for the next round (after the one in this journal):

• Super Silver Haze
  • Super Lemon Haze (cut of the one I grew previously)
  • Amnesia Haze (special cut of Super Silver Haze)
  • Claustrum - (3-way cross between Super Silver Haze, Jack Herer and Kali Mist)

After that? Cheese baby!! And Lucy, and maybe some GDP or Blue Dream to go with it by then... :yummy:

What!!!!!! 3 pages already??
It's growing faster than Hydro in here!!

This is going to be a fun ride!
Kinda like one of those parties where all your best friends are there.
There's plenty to smoke and drink!
In a tidy and clean place..
Everyone is comfortable..
Amazing conversations..
rad tunes..
With the most welcoming and humble host...

:party::yahoo::party::headbanger:

subbed in with bells on for this one my friend
sorry I'm late..

Haha, glad to have you aboard Vick. :) Thanks for the kindness and providing the great positive vibes, brotha! :high-five:

YEAH WHAT gATOR SAID AND ALL THE OTHER FOLKS:)

Congrats on the MOTM win, Fish Cake! :high-five:

Yo XL!

Glad to see you, and i'm glad I could come on over and read and watch another one :)
It doesn't seem like I've been around since your Big Bang grow journal, so this will be the 5th journal of your's I've kept up with.

Best wishes, and thoughts of happiness and good health to you.

Thanks for creating the journals, so we can all follow along and have good time. I really appreciate it.

Kindest regards,
naphtali

Yo XL!

Glad to see you, and i'm glad I could come on over and read and watch another one :)
It doesn't seem like I've been around since your Big Bang grow journal, so this will be the 5th journal of your's I've kept up with.

Best wishes, and thoughts of happiness and good health to you.

Thanks for creating the journals, so we can all follow along and have good time. I really appreciate it.

Kindest regards,
naphtali

So glad that you've stuck with me my friend - that's awesome! :thanks:

Thanks for subbing up again, as well as the continued friendship. I appreciate the positivity and kindness a ton brother. :)

How's things going for you - do you have anything growing right now?

Back
Top Bottom