My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Grow

ronnie6690

Ive been stocking these forums for awhile now reading and soaking up all the good info i can. just did a major set up upgrade and desided to do my first journal, happy to have a community of experenced growers to lend me their insight

grow area /closet: 2x41/2x71/2
system/ modified rainforest 66, recirculating with controller/back up res, 20w air pump air stones in back up res and unit sump, 1/10 hp water chiller to be added in month

lighting/ 1 advandced led ds 350XML, 1 advandced led ds 200, 1 advanced led ds 100 total 615 acutal watts

nutrients/ advandced nutrients ph perfect sensi two part, calimagic, b52, big bud , overdrive , bud candy , bud ignitor, bud factor x, nirvana, sensizym, dyna gro protekt silicon, orca beneificals, mosquito dunks (bti) fungas gnats) ,rapid start

water/ hydrogardener pro remineralizing ro filtration system, remineralization cal/mag 15-30 ppm ph 6.8

co2 enrichment/ tank system on timer adjusted to mantain 1000-1200ppm during light cycles

pre-veg/ clone/ dry area: secret jardin dr90

circulation/ 48" negitive ion generator tower fan, true hepa air cleaner with uvc and carbon filter, 3 small fans

dehumidifaction/ ideal air 50 pint dehumidifer

screen/ not completed but will be 24" x 54" and cover inside closet and will be set at approx 16" above rainforest unit which will leave approx 3' of grow area above screen

system is currently runing with strong h2o2 treatment after that I will flush system twice with clean water
started germ friday night two OG#18 fem Reserva Privada in rapid rooter plugs in mini proporgator with orca benificals and rapid start root excelorator

IMG_096110.JPG

IMG_096913.JPG

IMG_096410.JPG

IMG_095910.JPG

IMG_096010.JPG

IMG_096714.JPG

IMG_096511.JPG

IMG_097015.JPG

IMG_097116.JPG

this set up was designed using information gathered from this forum and other magazines and books
will up date as much as possible. appreciated all comments and wisdom

Re: my first grow journal OG#18/scrog/recirculating aero/DWC 600w LED medical grow

Hi ronnie6690,
Ive got no experience with non soil growing, but looks like your doin alright. Cant wait to see some plants on the go, and to see what this super complicated set up can deliver. Love anything LED:) I hope someone else with hydro knowledge can chip in on this for you.

Re: my first grow journal OG#18/scrog/recirculating aero/DWC 600w LED medical grow

thanks dragon,
my first grow was hydro in a small system and went rather well then i was told i should do some soil grows first. well i did three and hated not knowing how much nutes the plants where using and adjusting soil ph was a bitch for me. also my soil plants seem to take longer to mature. i tried to set this system up so i have total control and yet not have the system require constant montoring , not that i dont love tinkering in my garden cause i do. with the control , back up res and ph perfect nutes i should be able to leave for a day or two and not worry my ass off.

heres some updated pics of the girls
IMG_097316.JPG

IMG_097217.JPG

heres a pic of the secret jardin dr 90
IMG_096814.JPG

let it begin,
lovely little girls, cant wait to see them become women:)
keep us posted.

i sure will dragon.

after a three day h2o2 treatment and couple of flushes i now have my first res. ready for the babbies.

res / 15gal ro water not mineralized
30ml rapid start
28.5ml b-52
recommended amounts of orca and zho
ppm 98 ph 5.9
res temp 68f
closet temp 78f

will run this for first 48 hours then will bump up ppms with sensi grow ph perfect to 250
got the hydrogarderner pro ro system installed and filled back up res with 5 gal mineralized ro water ph'd down to 5.9 ppm 30
im ready lets get this party started

I'm a big LED fan too- sounds like a huge wattage you have. Any estimate on total lumens?

Re: My First Grow Journal OG#18/Scrog/Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Grow

Looks great. Can wait to see it unfold.

I would hold off on the nutrients. until the cotyledons shrivel they can provide for themselves pretty well. +Rep subbed

Re: My First Grow Journal OG#18/Scrog/Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Grow

i really dont pay much attention to lumens because that just tells you how bright it is to us , but i do know my par ratings ds 350XML is 1385 at 18" ds 200 and ds 100 are around 930. my advanced led lights are all high power 3w diodes and 11+ different spectrums including uv and ir the ds350XML has ten 10w white cree xml diodes. getting ready to order the ds350XML this week . i've used the ds 200 and ds 100 together with great results.

thanks cannasensei for the +rep, i will hold off on the nute bump

Hey man anytime. Its a great setup. I think you'll do well in it.
Good call holding off. Once the first round smooth leaves yellow off and shrivel u can start her at 1/4 strength or so.

put the babbies in the system. one looked like part of the tap root was out of the plug so i proped up the seedling and covered the root with a little perlite an wet it down. I set my sump heater to 75f to get some fast root growth and i place zip lock bags over them to raise humidity till they stabilize
IMG_097418.JPG

IMG_097515.JPG

IMG_097618.JPG

today my ph and ppms climbed some i adjusted ph down to 5.4 . ppms are at 148 res temp at 75f closet temp at 78f hum 55%
girls are are looking good
IMG_097715.JPG

IMG_097813.JPG

Looks good.
75 is getting a bit warm IMO. I try (or tried I suppose) for 65-72. Much above u start seeing bad things lol. Mich lower growth slows considerably

I use a warmer temp at first to get rapid root growth to start , i have used a small dwc (sterlite container) for cloning with air stones and a small water pump. i added beneficial microbes , and rapid start. at 75f water temp i would get fast root growth. almost the same as using a heating mat. as soon as i get roots coming out of the net pots i will back temp down to 68f to optimize oxygen content of the res.

Snap! Perfect. Call me lazy but I didn't wanna try and explain that all and risk confusion so I just suggested a know safe range. But that is perfect.

U sandbaggin s.o.b! U know more than u let on lol.

Can't wait til they hit the Res and go boom. Should be some monsters

thanks cannasensei, i plan on following jon705's trainning technique and you've seen his monsters. i also think because this is an aero system that recovery from trainning, topping and defoliating will be faster, at least thats what i'm hoping for.:thumb:

Jon is the man. "I love Jons bush...es" lol. He xlr8 and cultivator are very worth your time. A lot to be gained on their threads.

Is it Aero? For some reason o thought u were in a bubble setup (dwc with drip) bit I also thought this was ur first grow lol. I see now its just ur first journal?

yeah just first journal, oh yeah i've been studying those guys threads, it great the wealth of knowledge these guys are giving us for free.:thanks:
yes its a aero dwc hybrid. it has a vortex sprayer which sucks up res water and atomizes it forming a mist in the area between the net cups and sump level, this creates optimum enviroment where roots can absorb nutes , water, and oxygen all at the same time. i have air stones in sump which means if the sprayer stops i still have the air stones and if pump stops i have the sprayer. the vortex sprayer is nice cause there is no emitters to clog.

Jesus I'm way behind the curve with hydro. A dwc with a fogger? I remember when dwc was the "new new " lol

update: added ph perfect sensi grow to res. brought ppms to 400
got my screen made. changed light cycle from 24/0 to 18/6
IMG_098712.JPG

IMG_098911.JPG

IMG_098814.JPG

IMG_098513.JPG

Back
Top Bottom