10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

re: 10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

I have the opposite problem!! Opposite sides of equator! !! all good. And Good luck to u.

Sent from my SM-G800H using 420 Magazine Mobile App

UPDATE #8

DAY 13 - CHRISTMAS EVE

Welcome to my little christmas-eve update on the progress of this grow. When I entered the room today temperature was 30 degrees and humidity 85%. During the night the intake-fan had died and there was no fresh air coming into the room (except the passive air sucked in by the under-pressure created by the exhaust-fan). Luckily I had one spare fan, so I replaced it and I got the enviromental factors back under control. Happy I discovered this before things went south. The intake-fan was brand new and lastet for a total of 12 days. Can't say I am too impressed by that. Need to buy another spare-fan in case the same happens to this one.

I also made myself a simple "2 bottles, yeast & sugar" Co2 generator. Have no idea if it will benefit the plants in any way, but it doesn't hurt. Think it's working because it makes the room smell like a brewery :)

When it comes to the plants, they are progressing very well. They clearly love the Mars Hydro lamps. No sign of stretching or any problems whatsoever - with the exception of the Northern lights plant I moved to a new pot. The growth on that one has clearly been stunted by the moving. Guess it's developing new roots and hoping it will eventually catch up with the others

Day_13_-_03_-_northern_lights.jpg

Northern lights - Stunted growth

Day_13_-_04_-_northern_lights_II.jpg

Northern lights - Normal growth

The rest of the plants are looking great I think and they're growing really fast :)
Day_13_-_01.jpg

Day_13_-_02.jpg

The Pure power plant is the fastest-growing of the lot. Really impressed by their progress. This is the first time I try to cultivate this one, but if this fantastic progress keep up during the entire grow, it sure as hell won't be the last

Day_13_-_05_-_Pure_power_plant.jpg

Pure power plant - Day 13

That's it for this time. Merry christmas to you and see you next time

Almost forgot to post my DIY 2 bottles, water, yeast & sugar Co2 generator. Did not have any silicone to make it airproof, so I used duct tape instead. Not completely perfect, but it does work

Anyone tried this?
Day_13_-_06_-_co2_generator1.jpg

Hey DeVille, just got back and checked your journal out. Verrrry Nice. Wish I had your budget.

I think you got very lucky with those NL's. You must have very gentle hands my friend.

As far as your CO2, i think you're pretty much wasting your time and efforts. If you have that much air exchange happening, you can't possibly be maintaining much of an elevated level. Pretty much have to have a contained/sealed system to make that work i believe. (WARNING: Just what I've gathered from reading - I am IN NO WAY expert at any of this)

Looks like a real nice setup. I think I'll just tag along …….

Hey DeVille, just got back and checked your journal out. Verrrry Nice. Wish I had your budget.

I think you got very lucky with those NL's. You must have very gentle hands my friend.

As far as your CO2, i think you're pretty much wasting your time and efforts. If you have that much air exchange happening, you can't possibly be maintaining much of an elevated level. Pretty much have to have a contained/sealed system to make that work i believe. (WARNING: Just what I've gathered from reading - I am IN NO WAY expert at any of this)

Looks like a real nice setup. I think I'll just tag along .......
I think you're right oldnoob. Right now the air exchange is down to a minimum because of the winter. But even now the air is exchanged every 2-3 minutes.

Thanks for following. It took me a few years to afford this setup. Especially lamps were expensive. Hoping they'll give me many years of quality buds

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Subbed and along for the way.
The reason for the pro 2 models using less heat is basically that they do not draw as much power from the wall. The series 2 400w only draws about 187w. Its named the 400w because of the 80x 5w diodes but really I'd compare it to a 200w hps temps. Same with the rest a 900w really only draws 400 something so compare temps and yields to that of a hps counter part with the same draw wattage. Like the pros say the pro160 has a draw wattage of 300w about so its compared to a 300w hps in ways of temp and yield.

UPDATE #9

DAY 15

Today I filled the 200 litre flexitank, added Canna veg a & b at 1/4 strength + rhizotonic at 1/4 strength. Then I did the same with another 40 litres and then I distributed this water evenly among the plants (top-feeding)

Added air stone to the tank and turned on the air-pump. Adjusted PH to 5,8. This is the final top-feeding. Next time they are thirsty I'll just open the tank and let the plants drink as much as they please.

Wondering if 12 plants will manage to drink 200 litres during veg phase. I hope so.

Next step is to put together my old growing-tent so it's ready when it's time for taking clones. Will split that tent into two floors. Bottom floor will have a 4 pot Wilma hydrophonic system and will be used for mother-plants. Will use the Mars Pro Epistar 160 for them. In the cloning floor I think I'll use the 25 watt LED bulbs Mars-Hydro gave me as a bonus when I bought the 3 Pro II 320 lamps. Thinking they should do the trick.

Considering to buy a Nutriculture 40 site cloner. I already have a DIY 8 site clone-bucket with mister, but I will need room for much more clones than that. This will fit well in the tent

nutri_-_01.jpg

nutriculture clone master 40
nutri_-_02.jpg

nutri_-_03.jpg

Later in this grow I may also attempt to create feminised seeds. Will do some reading about the subject until then.

Have a splendid day folks and thanks for following. This is my first journal so I don't have many people following. Would be boring if I had no one to share this with.

Subbed and along for the way.
The reason for the pro 2 models using less heat is basically that they do not draw as much power from the wall. The series 2 400w only draws about 187w. Its named the 400w because of the 80x 5w diodes but really I'd compare it to a 200w hps temps. Same with the rest a 900w really only draws 400 something so compare temps and yields to that of a hps counter part with the same draw wattage. Like the pros say the pro160 has a draw wattage of 300w about so its compared to a 300w hps in ways of temp and yield.

The 320 lamps draw almost 800 watt during bloom. Spesifications:
mars-hydro-320-spesification.jpg

Subbed up buddy, had to come look at your journal. Those panels will make a lot of buds damn wish I could afford just one of those.....

Used all my savings on this grow room and all the equipment. I know it's probably insane, but it will give me buds for years to come so I can not really say I feel bad about the investment

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

UPDATE #10

DAY 17

Just a minor update. When I opened the door to the shed today, I could immediately feel the stench of marijuana. My babies are starting to stink :thumb: Temperatures are a little bit higher outside, which means they are also higher in the grow-room. Nothing to worry about though. Plants are simply thriving. I had this idea since I'm using soil this time, they would grow slower. But that was wrong. No doubt they love the Mars-Hydro lamps.

Will take some more photos next update.

I have been thinking a little bit about what to do when it comes to training plants and what I want to achieve this round. I have decided that this round is all about finishing as soon as possible. Will do no training whatsoever. The priority now is to fill up my empty jars with beautiful buds.

I have no clue what my final yield will be on 10 plants without any form of training under 2400 watt of LED. All my previous grows I would use a scrog-net to maximise yield in the limited space I had. This time I have no space limitations and in theory I should be able to get 1,5-2 kg of buds if I used all the space available. I'll be a happy camper if I get 500 grams this round. Maybe I will do scrog next round. Not sure yet.

A question - How long do you guys let them grow before you take clones?

Changed my mind and took some photos after all :)

day_17_-_01_-_Northern_lights.jpg

Norther lights - Day 17 - Normal growth

Day_17_-_02_-_Northern_lights_-_stunted.jpg

Northern lights - Day 17 - Stunted growth
This plant was shocked good when I re-potted it and it grows much slower than the rest of the bunch. But I am happy to say it's still growing and it seems to be healing quite good. Notice how some of the leaves have started curling up. Could look a little like heat stress, but this is the only plant that does this so I will assume this is caused by the stress as well.

Day_17_-_03_-_Pure_power_plant.jpg

Pure power plant - Day 17

Day_17_-_04_-_Big_Bud.jpg

Big Bud - Day 17

Day_17_-_05_-_Amnesia.jpg

Amnesia - Day 17

Day_17_-_06_-_Amnesia_and_Big_Bud.jpg

Amnesia & Big bud - Day 17

Looking great here bru. Will you be using the clones to make mother plants or to also complete in this grow?

The clones will become mother-plants. Planning to put my old tent together and use that one for 4 mother-plants.

Wonder if I should give air layering another attempt. I tried that technique once in late bloom in order to try to take some clones from a plant I failed to clone the regular way. It did however fail as well. Seems it's much harder to get them to root when they're flowering. Air layering would save me some bucks as I would not need a cloner at all. Anyone had success with this method?

not really an update. Just a photo from day 18
Day_1813.jpg

Why not filled the pots more I fill mine almost a cm from the top?? As much as ppssible they sink after a while as well

No special reason. I ran out of vermiculite & perlite, the stupid store did not sell it during the winter, so I couldn't get more and I did not want to have too high percentage of soil. So I did it like this. When I think about it I did the same when I grew in hydro & leca. Back then I had very limited height (160 cm tall tent) so I did it to save some cm. I do not have space problems anymore though

Just a bunch of random makro shots from my grow. Testing the camera a little so I can make good bud-shots when the time comes. Could have gone much closer, but did not see any point. Will get as close as possible when the buds come. That way I won't need a microscope to check trichomes

makro_001.jpg

makro_002.jpg

makro_003.jpg

makro_004.jpg

makro_005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom