The DeVille Presents - A Mars-Hydro Powerhouse - The Perpetual Grow

That's what I feared. Hmmm. Back to the drawing board. Am planning to build a real lab later, but don't have the resources yet

Thank you Mars-Hydro :)

pro_801.jpg

Good morning. Today I'll go to the hydro-shop to pick up the remaining parts needed to get this powerhouse up and running. I see we are reaching mid june. If I want to harvest before the frost arrives I'll have to speed up things a little.

Been working on heat-insulating the garage slightly better. The huge gate is now only a half gate. The other half I sealed off completely and all places air could leak in or out was sealed. Except the last part of the gate. Not sure what to do to avoid heat leakage from there. Yeah - I know, it's summer and I'm worrying about the cold. It's just - If you can imagine hell - only with frost instead of flames. That's where I am growing

Good Morning! Looks like the fun is bout to begin. I hooe you solve the issues with the garage. Its gonna have some major light coming out of there and a jungle to show!! Great work keep it up!!

Back from the hydro-shop. Managed to get almost the complete shopping list, but could sadly only afford one of the fans for inside the tent. It'll simply have to be enough for now. When it comes to soil - I think I have enough left to get this started, but barely and I am officially broke, so this will be one of those do the best with what you have grows as I'm not gonna delay it another week. Besides - I've been wondering how the soil I purchase would work as is :) It already has perlite, but not vermiculite. Think I have a little bit left of that as well, but minimal.

Oh - They gave me some extras, one 56,7 gram bag of Azos - Beneficial bacteria & 250ml of Rocket fuel from Extreme gardening. That's interesting. Will be tried out on this grow for sure. Most certainly can't harm. Rocket fuel is a foliar spray you are supposed to apply to the plants during the entire growth phase. Never really caught my interest before, but hell - let's see what it can do.

The beneficial bacteria I'm supposed to mix with the water - also this one for the growth phase. I've been wanting to go more organic so this is very interesting. Thanks nameless hydro-guy. In a perfect world I could name you, but you know - jail and everything

A little "invention" of mine. Or at least I have a plan with this modified air-pot.

This is a 1L air-pot with the 4 bottom rows cut off. Since the bottom tray is supposed to ble put 3 rows from the bottom, I in reality only loose one row. So this 1L pot becomes much shorter and will still be able to hold around 0.75L of soil.

The reason I need them to be shorter is simple - I am getting sick of the constant need to buy new rockwool. So these air-pots are going to be used for cloning - in soil - and short enough to fit under the dome of my Root!t grow-house with a healthy sized clone in it. Farewell rockwool - Welcome perfect roots that can be transplanted to my autopot system whenever needed without even giving it a shock.

This plan sounds good to me - Any thoughts?

Will test with a clone or two before I cut them all.

The 3 rows up thing is so air will be well circulated also under the air-pot. This is probably useful in a shitload of applications, but not needed. I still have like half a row of air under the bottom tray and only had to move the tray one row up to get it 4 rows shorter.

Wonder why they don't make them this small in the first place?

air-clone_01.jpg
air-clone_02.jpg

I don't care for air pots, myself. The felt "smart pots" air prune, but with less mess & aggravation. A 7 gallon smart pot runs about $4, smaller = cheaper, and easily washed & reused. Also, I don't like that air pot plastic, I think it's nasty i.e. landfill filler vs smart pots which are recyclable. This run of yours will be fun to watch man, I'm looking forward to it! .

They sure are ugly. I don't care for them myself. But the plants sure do. They friggin love those pots. So it doesn't really matter what I think :)

I don't care for air pots, myself. The felt "smart pots" air prune, but with less mess & aggravation. A 7 gallon smart pot runs about $4, smaller = cheaper, and easily washed & reused. Also, I don't like that air pot plastic, I think it's nasty i.e. landfill filler vs smart pots which are recyclable. This run of yours will be fun to watch man, I'm looking forward to it! .

Allrighty! I had this plan to get everything up and running today, but I'll just have to see what happens. My body ain't co-operating today. Some days the chronic pains are too insane and kinda works as a involuntary couch lock. And not the nice indica kind of couch lock. That one is much more welcome.

Will smoke some of the special stuff and see what happens. Last time I felt like this - Two bongs later and I ran around here with a lawnmover. Got to regret that one for a few days though :) But fuck! What am I supposed to do? Lay down and give up?

Whan days are like this. Even then I can't stay away completely from my grows. And neither should I. They're good for my mental health to work with and not too heavy for the body. When I feel like this for prolonged periods I simply try to just do a little bit every day. Not much at all. Just hang up one extraction fan, connect the filter and then go back in and lay down.

This way you get somewhere in the end, it only takes a while longer :)

Allrighty! I had this plan to get everything up and running today, but I'll just have to see what happens. My body ain't co-operating today. Some days the chronic pains are too insane and kinda works as a involuntary couch lock. And not the nice indica kind of couch lock. That one is much more welcome.

Will smoke some of the special stuff and see what happens. Last time I felt like this - Two bongs later and I ran around here with a lawnmover. Got to regret that one for a few days though :) But fuck! What am I supposed to do? Lay down and give up?

dont let it win your doing good!

Sorry to hear bout the pain bud! I also go threw my spells. All the years working with granite countertops takes its toll. M like you cant give in just keep pushing forward. Hope u get things worked out.

......Will smoke some of the special stuff and see what happens. Last time I felt like this - Two bongs later and I ran around here with a lawnmover. Got to regret that one for a few days though :) But fuck! What am I supposed to do? Lay down and give up?

Dang DeVille!! Hopefully a couple bongers will help ya out! Sounds like you have a good attitude about the situation - Get well soon!!

UPDATE #1

1x Big-Bud & 1x Pure Power Plant
Day - 1

THE MARS-HYDRO POWERHOUSE - HALF WAY THERE

Today I connected the extraction fan and the carbon filter in both tents. I discovered you have to use one yoyo hanger per lamp with the 80's and you have to use the hanging kit that came with the lamp. Not sure what I think about that change. It does however add a lot of flexibility regarding lamp placement etc.

The extracted air from the mother-tent goes straight into the MH-Powerhouse to save some electricity on heating. Not sure how clever this is as the two extraction fans are identical in regards of power. They're both heat controlled and I can select minimum speed and at which temperature the fan should give full power.

That means if the mother-tent's temperature get's above the limit I have set, the under-pressure disappears from the MH-Powerhouse and with that also the odor-control. Ideally the extraction fan in the mother-tent should have been slightly less powerful than the one in the MH-Powerhouse. This is however not a problem until it's time for flowering and by then the summer temperatures should be able to keep the garage hot enough without any help. By then I will just disconnect the ducting from the tent and let it escape into the room.

After putting up two of the Mars Pro II Epistar 80's, I moved the two longest living mother-plants out of the mother-tent and into the MH-Powerhouse. Next step will be to move them into the Autopot system and let them start filling out the net. I have changed my mind you see. The original plan was to start with 4 clones, but it seems the mothers need re-potting and pruning anyway. They're starting to become ridiculously big. I will fill up the net much faster with these two monsters than I would with 4 small plants. That means one of the many clones will become new mothers and these two will get to live the rest of their lives in the MH-Powerhouse. Nice!

This is how far I came today. It's starting to look like something

01_setup.jpg

Big-bud (left) and Pure Power Plant (right)

02_setup.jpg

The Big-Bud is looking very healthy, but the Pure Power Plant is giving me signs about wanting a bigger pot. So you'll get it!

And that was all for update 1

Over and out
DeVille

Back
Top Bottom