10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

UPDATE #14

DAY 29

Plants are still growing much faster than expected. They all look nice, bushy and healthy. Been adjusting the temperatures down a little bit to make it suitable for clones. I did not put together the tent yet and need to clean space for it first. So I figured I could let them use the same room and light as the rest of the plants. Never tried to root clones under Mars-Hydro lights before, but let's give it a try

First let's have a look at the plants. Especially one of the northern lights is starting to get tall now.

canna_002.jpg

Pure power plant (left) & Northern lights (right)

canna_003.jpg

Amnesia (down left) & Big bud (the 3 others)

canna_004.jpg

Big bud close-up

As I did not manage to get to the hydro-shop yet, I will try to take clones the old-school way.

First I sterilized everything with bleach. Then I boiled some liters of water, pH'ed it to 5,8 and added 5ml of canna rhizotonic. I submerged 10 rockwool cubes in the water for about an hour. Then I took 1 cutting from each of the plants, dipped them in clonex and put them into the rockwool cubes. I added approx 2cm of perlite to the bottom of the tray and I poured the remaining water into the tray. That way the roots will have something to look for.

canna_005.jpg

Cuttings in rockwool in the tray on a bed of wet perlite

canna_006.jpg

cuttings close-up

canna_007.jpg

Cuttings placed under the Mars Pro II lights (a little bit on the side so they don't get full light strength)

So far my cloning success is 0% - I kept trying over and over without success. But I've been reading a lot about the subject and I have hopes that this will be my first success with cloning. I certainly hope so because I really need to save the genetics for later. Whoever survives will become mother-plants. If I fail - Then it's back to the drawing board. I think the previous problems have been lack of sterilization, too hot temperatures and that I waited until late bloom before I took clones. This time I think I did everything correct.

If I fail I will buy myself a fancy fucking Nutriculture cloner and keep trying. If anyone have any input regarding clones/cloning - don't be afraid to tell me. I need all the help I can get here.

That's all for this time :)

Everything looks very very good DeVille. On another note- I've successfully cloned under led (marsII) but not with consistent results. For that I ended up having to go back to cool white cfl's and/or T-5's is what I try to use now but with better results. Oh yeah, and I use Root Riot plugs instead of rockwool cubes. But overall I'd say you still should be fine. Two big green thumbs up to ya brother. Im so loving the lights. wish I could afford them. But for now, I'll just enjoy watching your babies continue to grow big and strong.
I'm out. Sparks.

:thumb:

UPDATE #15

DAY 30

A short update to "celebrate" that I put the seeds in the ground 30 days ago. Really impressive growth in that short amount of time. Really impressive indeed. I checked the 225 litre tank today. The plants have been drinking close to 100 litres since I opened the tank. This has also resulted in a natural stabile RH. It's around 45% now without having to use the humidifier. Still a good investment. Will need it the first 30 days of every future winter-grow.

Took some photos of the plants under the Mars Hydro lamps.

005_-_ppp_northern_lights.jpg

Pure Power Plant & Northern Lights

'
004_-_amnesia_and_big_bud.jpg

Amnesia & Big Bud

Then I took some photos of the canopy. Really nice and bushy plants

008_-_canopy.jpg

Amnesia & Big Bud

007_-_canopy.jpg

Northern Lights

006_-_canopy_1.jpg

Pure Power Plant

Then I took the humidity dome off from the clones and misted them. Thinking they are looking a little sad. Really hoping they'll survive. They look to me like they get too much water, but not sure if they're supposed to look like this or not. They seem to be alive. They are apparently "stretching" towards the lights. Had to use some sticks to support a few of them that was bent too much.

002_-_clones.jpg

Still alive but looking very very sad

001_-_clones.jpg

Had to support a few of them with sticks

003_-_clones.jpg

Placed them between the lights so they don't get too much. Guess directly under the lamps would be total overkill

I did not like the temperature so I adjusted a little bit down. Hoping it will stabilize around 24-25 degrees. That's supposed to be perfect for root development.

That was all for day 30.

DeVille

I'm surprised myself how well this is going. Especially since it's my first run in soil. I think I have the lights to thank for much of the success. Will be interesting to see if they work well for cloning

Your plants look amazingly healthy bro, these lights sure work wonders!

That's a good advice MagicJim. I am misting them 2 times daily with sterile water, pH'ed to 5,8 with a little bit of Canna rhizotonic. The clones still look healthy on day 4. Previous attempts they looked half dead by this time. They would usually die on day 5 or 6. So if they survive a couple of more days I will allow myself to have hopes. Was very insecure about rooting them under Mars-Hydro or CFL. But in the end I went for Mars-Hydro. I still need to clean some space for the mother-tent. If the clones survive, I will take the 4 that looks the best and make them mother-plants for future grows.

I've been hit n miss in my cloning with rock wool but it eventually worked. I had to add a few drops of water every 2 or 3 days right down the stem. Patience is required.

UPDATE #16

DAY 35

The plants had almost emptied the 225 liter Flexi tank. Was in doubt whether or not to induce flowering. Decided to let them grow another week, so I filled 100 liters, put in 1/2 recommended dose of Canna A & B, pH'ed the water to 5,8 and opened the tank. Guessing the plants will grow even faster now since they will get the double amount of nutriments this time.

Two of the plants clearly are growing faster than the rest of the bunch. One of them is a Big bud and the other one is a Northern lights. Thinking I should use the clones from those two for future grows. Considering to top them to get the canopy more even. If I do that I will use the cut of tops as clones. It would be cool to make sure these genetics survives. What do you think folks? Top or not? Take a look at the two photos below and you'll see what I mean.

003_-_ppp_and_nl.jpg

This Northern lights is growing considerably faster than the rest of the bunch.

002_-_big_bud_and_amnesia.jpg

The Big Bud (top left) is growing faster than the rest of the bunch.

I also took a few more photos. Thinking I have to get a new lense to be able to take more wide-angle shots. But that has to be something for the future. The fist image is of a Big Bud leaf. Beautiful stuff!

001_big_bud_leaf.jpg

A Big Bud leaf

004_amnesia_top.jpg

The top of the one and only Amnesia plant

The 10 clones I took 5 days ago still seems to be fine with the exception of the Amnesia clone. It seems to have mold on the stem. Uncertain what to do with that one. Tomorrow a friend will come to help me clean room for the mother-tent. Will separate the clones from the growing-room and put them in there. Will have another look at the Amnesia clone then. If the mold seems to spread I will kill it and take new clones of that plant.

On other plants I could see some leaves starting to turn yellow. It also seems there is new growth on 2 of the Pure Power Plant clones. My hope is that I make at least one of each strain survive so I can use the genetics for future grows. I of course want to keep the plants that has the most vigorous growth. But I would like to preserve a clone from each plant just in case one of the others will grow bigger and better buds. You never really know for sure until it's time to harvest.

So tell me - Should I top the two taller plants or just let them grow?

That's all for now

DeVille

That's a good idea. There is some room on the sides so that would work :) Thanks! Have been thinking about inducing flowering in not too long. I have two strains that are sativa-dominant and if I remember correctly, Amnesia would almost double in length during the stretch. I Will put up the tent tomorrow or the day after. Think that would be a good time to make the switch. Still have room, but am starting to worry just a little bit

I would consider the squeeze and bend trick for those big tops to even canopy and use bottom stems for clones. Would be a shame to cut off what looks to be the start of a big cola! You may want to flip soon as well unless you have room for a foot or so of stretch.

Back
Top Bottom