1st Grow - 2x4 Tent - 125W T5 - Soil - Advice Very Welcome

Day 11 of Flower

Things are going pretty good. RH stays around 40% and temps hover around 77. She has just started showing some pistils and stretching healthily. I did some LST to spread the canopy out and have built a couple clamp-on lights with 40w CFLs. So now I've got 190w on her. I'm thinking of buying a LED panel for the next grow. Maybe a Mars Hydro Reflector 96.

Since I am over 5 weeks on the same soil, and into flower, I have started supplementing with Fox Farms nutrients. Last 2 feedings I have used a 1/3 dose and still got a little tip burn and leaf curling. Also have been seeing an increase in purple stems so I added about a 1/3 dose of CalMag as well.

We'll just keep ticking off the days. Flower time for this is stated 9-11 weeks so there's still some road ahead. So far I am having a great time growing this. It's my first time growing anything really and I have some tomatoes in the yard as well. Using some of those Fox Farms nutes on those too because... why the hell not? :)

Enjoy my ameteur pics.

Day 42
Day_42_06.JPG

Day 45
Day_45_07.JPG

Day_45_05.JPG

Day_45_03.JPG

Day_45_04.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Yeah I hate to leave it unfinished. I'm harvesting this Saturday, which will be day 80 of flower. Been hard to hold off these last couple weeks, but she's nice and frosty now and I'm glad I did! It's been an uneventful grow... thankfully. Had a little P deficiency a ways into flower but that wasn't hard to remedy.

She's got a pungent citrusy smell that isn't really in your face but still noticeable. I really don't notice in the tent that much because I'm exchanging the air about once every 40 seconds, but get her out in the room and she's very noticeable inside a couple minutes. Buds are solid. True to the marketing. Even the buds low in the canopy feel pretty tight.

I didn't do a "real" flush with multiple gallons of water, but I switched to water only about 3 weeks ago. Didn't really mean to flush that long but I underestimated how long flowering would take. Live and learn. :)

Harvest on day 80 went without trouble. Took about 3 hours to trim and rack the whole thing. I used a 2 foot drying rack and trimmed about 1/3 the plant off the stems to dry. I realized later I should have left it on the stems but oh well. Live and learn.

I still jarred that section up a day before the rest of it. The hygrometer in the jar showed @62rh. The rest of it however, I left on the rack until the stems snapped. Once in the jar the hygrometer was showing @50. Not great. After being in the jar for a day it was up to 55. I guess I'll have to live with it being a tad dry, but it still smells fantastic.

Since they had been in the jars and I've been burping them since Tues/Weds, and they feel about right, I figured now would be a reasonable time to weigh. *drum roll* 126 grams. I know it might be almost double if I had more experience and more light, but I'm pretty stoked about 4 oz. of really good bud from my little 190 watt T5/CFL setup. I guess this is the end of my journal. I hope it helps someone in some small way.

Regards,

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom