1st Grow 2x600W LED Coco

My last two weeks well I'm flushing next grow at before harvest I'll be removing all fans off for two weeks

My 2 cents. I've spent little time posting on here and a lot more time creating my own optimal veg and flower rooms since my...ummm "first grow" if you want to call it that. Honestly I did a log on here and it's an absolute embarrassment. It was abysmal. Basically a bible of what not to do. I scrapped everything and started again.

Since then I've tripled my grow space, ditched lights, sourced landrace seeds while traveling, grown some absolutely beautiful genetics and of course pollinated an entire crop when I stressed one of the gals a little too much and she hermied and got all rapey! But that's what it's all about. You live and learn!

My suggestion would be to just let the plants grow. You're doing a phenomenal job at this. The leaves are there for a reason and they will thrive just the way they are! The only reason I would pull some of the lower leaves is to increase airflow through the crop. If it became an issue which I can't see in your room.

One thing I noticed is that you mounted your wall fans relatively high and pointing down? While your CO2 canister is positioned beautifully above the canopy. I have my fans blowing through my canopy. I make the girls dance! This allows higher temps and humidity and no chance of rot, especially as those are Sativa dominant hybrids (they like heat and humidity) It also keeps the CO2 circulating in the room and it is utilised more efficiently as it is more dense than oxygen.

That turned into my $20. Sorry about the rambling I read your thread traveling on buses from Ecuador to Colombia over the last couple of days so I'm a little delirious and would love a joint right now. Or some sleep. I'm not sure. Both!

My 2 cents. I've spent little time posting on here and a lot more time creating my own optimal veg and flower rooms since my...ummm "first grow" if you want to call it that. Honestly I did a log on here and it's an absolute embarrassment. It was abysmal. Basically a bible of what not to do. I scrapped everything and started again.

Since then I've tripled my grow space, ditched lights, sourced landrace seeds while traveling, grown some absolutely beautiful genetics and of course pollinated an entire crop when I stressed one of the gals a little too much and she hermied and got all rapey! But that's what it's all about. You live and learn!

My suggestion would be to just let the plants grow. You're doing a phenomenal job at this. The leaves are there for a reason and they will thrive just the way they are! The only reason I would pull some of the lower leaves is to increase airflow through the crop. If it became an issue which I can't see in your room.

One thing I noticed is that you mounted your wall fans relatively high and pointing down? While your CO2 canister is positioned beautifully above the canopy. I have my fans blowing through my canopy. I make the girls dance! This allows higher temps and humidity and no chance of rot, especially as those are Sativa dominant hybrids (they like heat and humidity) It also keeps the CO2 circulating in the room and it is utilised more efficiently as it is more dense than oxygen.

That turned into my $20. Sorry about the rambling I read your thread traveling on buses from Ecuador to Colombia over the last couple of days so I'm a little delirious and would love a joint right now. Or some sleep. I'm not sure. Both!

Thanx rastas. I find rambles most often produce those golden nuggets of information.

My fans are at 64 inch from the floor. What would be a recommendation on height. I do have a small fan on the floor in the corner that does the under canopy. I was afraid of having them just blasting the closest plants.

This is my first ever and I approached with a plan in mind. Man has that changed over the months and all the great info I've gained here on 420. I must admit I have grown more than I thought I would already. I had this long contemplated plan but no real experience. So I was trying to not get too far ahead of myself. Now I feel as though some times I'm playing catch up.

Sounds like a truly amazing journey your traveling on. I hope that the journal helped pass some time. I have never used social media before as I feel it is way to fake and nasty for me. This forum is great however. I was skeptical to say the least in the beginning. Then you read some journals sub up to a few author your own and quickly realized the people here are awesome and supportive. You would think in a personal sport like growing there would be nothing but competitiveness but there is nothing but support and sharing here.

Anyway thanx for the input and feel free to pass on advice at anytime. There my ramble for the day ..

Thanx rastas. I find rambles most often produce those golden nuggets of information.

My fans are at 64 inch from the floor. What would be a recommendation on height. I do have a small fan on the floor in the corner that does the under canopy. I was afraid of having them just blasting the closest plants.

This is my first ever and I approached with a plan in mind. Man has that changed over the months and all the great info I've gained here on 420. I must admit I have grown more than I thought I would already. I had this long contemplated plan but no real experience. So I was trying to not get too far ahead of myself. Now I feel as though some times I'm playing catch up.

Sounds like a truly amazing journey your traveling on. I hope that the journal helped pass some time. I have never used social media before as I feel it is way to fake and nasty for me. This forum is great however. I was skeptical to say the least in the beginning. Then you read some journals sub up to a few author your own and quickly realized the people here are awesome and supportive. You would think in a personal sport like growing there would be nothing but competitiveness but there is nothing but support and sharing here.

Anyway thanx for the input and feel free to pass on advice at anytime. There my ramble for the day ..

Haha, it's all good I settled for a couple of cups of Colombian coffee instead so I'm about as perky as your flowering canopy now!

I certainly have enjoyed reading your thread. I still can't believe you've managed to produce those results thus far on your first indoor grow. I'm GREEN with envy! But maybe the 20 odd years of research you did beforehand is playing its part.

The height of the fans will ultimately be determined by the flowering canopy. Maybe the perspective is a little skewed as I'm seeing photographs as opposed to standing in the room itself. I keep mine at a level that I can adjust as they fill the canopy. Keeping the fans blowing across the top or just through the top of the canopy works for me. I always let the humidity and temperatures creep up in my flower room though. But this is what works for me and the climate I grow in (colder year round and dry). What works for you might be different. But I'm pretty sure you've got a handle on this.

Everyone is super friendly here. You get the odd troll who loves to bash someone's methods if they seem obscure or out there, especially if that someone is growing amazing bud, but a lot of the time these methods directly relate to greenhouse horticulture, methods that have been used for decades, and the trolls just hate because it's not "normal".

On that note, I strongly urge you to read (if you haven't already done so) about Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD). I think you would kick ass in the pounds department of you managed to incorporate that in future.

This time around i was super aggressive with defoliation. I took off any flowers on branches below the canopy. I took off anything i couldn't tuck. This run was to try many hst and lst techniques on autos. Basically whatever people say you "cant" do to autos i tried. I toped at 4th node, i topped at only 2 nodes. I pinched the stems until they almost cracked, i lst on top of that. Fmmed a couople by accident. 20/4 fed every watering. One thing i will say is dont top single cola dominant strains haha.. Derp

Years ago topping autos was a big no no. So many who comment dont even grow autos in the first place. This is not my first rodeo. However, only my 2nd rotation with autos. I think i did just fine.

What i love the most about growing is how much you learn, how much you never stop learning. Always something new every rotation.

Next up i am going to perfect my own genetics. Already have seed from gdp x pineaple i did a while back. One day i hope to make my own auto strain.

Well I think we will begin the back building tonight. Lost coast is so beefy already. The Russian doll has some huge mains as well but bc she is so tall I will def have to chip her middles and then let the outlets fatten a bit after. One of the PK has rock nugs like the rest and the other has some squishy soft buds. Purple ayahuasca is super frosty she may be worth another grow even though she is so spindly.
420-magazine-mobile651943636.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1044018448.jpg

B e a utiful!!!

Thanx brotha. It is my first one and I am pretty stoked so far. Can't believe the rock hard nugs in all these plants and the amount. You can't even see the biggest yielder I'm guessing. Can't pull her out anymore or she flips all over. She is about 4x4x3.5 and has about 25-30 big ass stems of bud.

Back
Top Bottom