1st Grow - Soil - CFL - High DIY Level

I already did ... and I think I'll have to agree ... I'll give #1 a few more days, to see if she will recover in a timely fassion .. if not, meh.

I have a mystery Kusk seed in the ground that seemed to start sprouting .. and a complete mystery seed that has been in glycerine @ 80C .. I doubt the later will do anything .. but we'll see.

Such a shame .. and such a waste ...

@SABO No offense or disrespect, but I disagree with you man. I ran into the same trouble with my first two, and trying to revive them gave me practice in what to do for first aid, and I think it's a good lesson all growers should know. We're all human, and I'm sure even the most experienced growers can make an 'oh shit!' mistake from time to time that needs to be corrected.

@PlanetJ Right now, what I'd do, continue working on some revival efforts. I think you said your plants are a few weeks from harvest, so F it man, give it a try! While you're working on these girls, start germinating a couple more seeds. You can easily put them in a small box/closet with 1 bulb and reflector each while the older girls finish. You'd just need another timer, power strip, and a couple more bulbs and reflectors.

It's never a waste if you learned from it, Don't worry about it man. This is one small mistake. Imagine how many mistakes were made for decades by growers to learn what we know about Cannabis now. And you now have first hand working knowledge and experience to share with a new grower. This isn't just some random "Oh I read this once...". You know for a FACT.

And because of the mistakes you made now, your next grow will be 100x better. I killed my first two, and now my present grow is doing better than the first. See? That's my first hand experience! Don't feel down about it brother. Shit happens, and life goes on :)

EDIT: I see you've already got a seed germinating, since my reading comprehension is poor right now (Ate too much at dinner lol). And keep us updated on that seed that was in the glycerin, I'm really curious to find out if she sprouts!

@SABO No offense or disrespect, but I disagree with you man. I ran into the same trouble with my first two, and trying to revive them gave me practice in what to do for first aid, and I think it's a good lesson all growers should know. We're all human, and I'm sure even the most experienced growers can make an 'oh shit!' mistake from time to time that needs to be corrected.

I don't take your post as offensive or disrespectful in any manner, but honestly, with the amount of nutes that were accidentally given are time released. I hate to see plants in distress & I've been following this journal for quite a long time. The problem is that flushing is only going to make it worse, because the nutes won't flush out properly, they'll be re-activated. Everyone makes mistakes, I surely don't think PlanetJ meant for his grow to take such a sudden down turn. Stuff happens, hell the the ingredients in the nutes were written in Dutch, as mentioned earlier. The best thing is to make a game plan, stick with it, or just let it go and learn from a very unfortunate mishap.

Ciao!

I'd have to agree with SABO planet J burning money by keeping the lights on,Yes you do learn from your mistakes and trying to revive what you have left would net you some experience in fixing them,but the way i look at things prevention is way better than cure !! just my 2p worth ! :cheesygrinsmiley:

...I might be loosing plant 1 too... after the flush yesterday, today more brown leafs on her .. I might have killed them all :/ Would it matter if I put her in a bigger pot, given that the issue is in the dirt that her roots hold ?

This kinda sucks ... I'm glad theyre bagseed .. but I feel bad for ruining them :(

I know it seems like a bummer, but I'm sure you learned a heck of a lot from this grow right? Some of these plants look like they are in pretty rough stress and they might not recover, even if they do recover enough to take successful clones from, it will be a while before they root. Pop the next round of seeds and get some nice green going it always cheers me up! Sometimes in a situation like this it might be better to just take the lessons learned and hit the next round running. Keeping sickly plants around can give pests and disease a foothold to spread to new plants in close proximity. I wouldn't really worry about the compost, as everything in my experience and reading has been to get rid of old growth indoors and keep things nice and clean.

If you do start over make sure you post a link so I can continue to follow! :thumb:

Yup, ive done this before, over feed with time release nutes and every time you try and flush it gets worse. best bet would be to continually keep the soil as dry as possible. sorry for the loss man, just read every page of this woulda been a pretty good harvest if this didnt happen

Well it was a shame, you were doing really well. But you've learned a ton of valuable first hand information, and there's no price that can be put on first hand knowledge.

I'm ready to follow your next grow. Judging from what you did in this grow, the next should be insane.

Although a few months is a long time lol. The sooner the better for me! I particularly enjoyed the scrog (which is all new to me) so seeing you do it was quite helpful.

Lets get some seeds sooner! Hell, if you were closer, I'd give you a few of my own mate. Good luck on the next grow.

Yeah .. it was a usefull grow in order to learn how to avoid killing them. Thanks for your interest, second grow is 4 days in, check my signature for a link there :)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

We are sorry for your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

I fugured out later that I was supposed to report it ;) Did so with my failed 3rd .. didn't noticed that this one was still in active. Thanks for moving it!

Back
Top Bottom