Yoji - Autos - 1st Grow - Soil - CFL

Yojitoke

Setup is just 300w duel light ( debating getting 600w hps or more cfls)

1st grow really to try and learn the basics and try to get better before I buy a proper tent ( and hps light)

The room it's self is quite large but I've shortened it down to make it 4 foot high 3 foot long and 1 wide and so I can adjust the light ( there's tin foil around it I know this isn't ideal but it is only temporary)

Soil is bio-bizz all mix
Ph7

Pots are buckets with holes in them 1 is 12 litres/11 litres and smaller pot that's 20cm (unsure in litres but looks small to be fair)

Strains:

Heavyweight Fast & Vast
Fast Buds Pineapple Express
World of Seeds Auto Amnesia

Waiting on delivery of water PH tester and
LED Display Thermometer with Clock and humidity meter also plant magic old timer bloom ( don't really need grow as using autos at the minute) and a 6" fan

The temperature seems dead on anyway and I do open the door just to get new air in a couple times a day

Planted them on the 4th after using paper towel method

( not 100% sure how to upload pictures on my mobile directly to this page) I've uploaded 1 to the members area just but doesn't seem to be watermarked or gimmie a link to copy)

Wanting to keep this journal just so if any problems arise I can seek help :)

Hi, and welcome! You will enjoy growing; it's a rewarding, but challenging experience.

Is your 300w of CFL actual Watts or equivalent? If you're using actual watts, I'll let you know that they generate a lot of heat once you're wattage starts to get up there, without increasing the light output significantly. 300W of CFL's generate a lot of heat, and you would be better off replacing it with a lower wattage HID or LED and end up with reduced heat in the end.

Yes it's actual watts there is a fair bit of heat coming of it but it doesn't seem to bad
Was thinking of a 600w hps or led but still looking at all the details of the LEDs to suit my budget

image37066.jpg

image37067.jpg
image37069.jpg

Can't actually pm you back but I was looking at leds on Amazon but unsure yet will most likely upgrade to LED ( don't want to name them on public fourm) after a couple of grows and just use this time for a learning curve

In the longer run was thinking the CFL 300w for veg and LED for bloom but I'll see how things go ( as only going to do autos for now just to learn)

Just an update and wouldn't mind a bit of advise if someone could explain it

I've a soil ph meter that says its at 7 I've just received a water ph meter that says its 7 when I water the plants I tested the run of I get low figures I've only tested two out of 3 and they are coming out at 5.5 and 4.7

So just before I start messing about with ph up/down is this normal or could someone explain why this would happen like that?

Got ya, I havnt fed any nuts yet as it's an auto flower anyway was hoping any nuts in the soil would be enough just before it goes into flower :) I'll play about with the ph up a bit and try to increase the ph before I water them

There growing ok still and do look healthy but I'll hopfully try to fix this before it comes a problem

Thanks for the help

(Day 10) from popping the seed

Think with this being my first grow im giving it too much care and should just let it get on with growing...

So getting a tent delivered tomorrow and have received a par38 led from Mars-hydro ( thank you ) :)) so will get the tent up and then put the led in to :))

Got a temp and humidity lcd panel - currently reads 24.8c for temperature and 63% for humidity

humidity Is normally very high where I live anyway 80+ but as this is in the veg state I'm not to worried about that..

I've decided I'm not going to chase the PH of the run off yet as the plant seems fine and as they say if it's not broke don't fix it

image37080.jpg

image37081.jpg

image37082.jpg

Think the 3rd one might have had heat stress ( if anyone can confirm by looking at it)

I've moved it away a bit on where the heat was coming out of the CFL so I'll see in a few days if that's the case..( could be over watering too )

by looking at the soil, it looks wet enough for a few more days. Do you hold the container to feel its weight? it is the best method especially at the begining when the plants are small and can't drink a lot.

by looking at the soil, it looks wet enough for a few more days. Do you hold the container to feel its weight? it is the best method especially at the begining when the plants are small and can't drink a lot.

Yes been picking them up everyday really to see and also put an empty pot with soil in it to judge the weight just so I can get used to it to.. Yes took those pics just after watering.. Not going to water till Monday or so. Will judge by weight of the pot tho :))

Thanks dirt I moved the light up a bit to try to get them to stretch a bit more. Waiting on connectors coming for more lights I've 5 20w cfl flowering bulbs ( will wait a couple of weeks before adding this ) and 1 23w led to put on them also within the next couple of days

Currently the lights are on 24/0. May add a hour or two of darkness but I've read it doesn't really matter :))

Back
Top Bottom