1st Grow - Soil - CFL - High DIY Level

Different plant genetics will react differently. Even the same strain will have some variations in their growth characteristics, just like two human brothers will look different even if they have the same mother and father. I once grew a round of durban poison and two got burned bad and the 3rd was just fine even though they were all given the exact same treatment and came from the same batch of seeds. Big time growers will search long and hard for a plant to make a good mother from that is hardy and has the type of growth characteristics they want. If plant 1 is a survivor that is a good sign!

If you are planing on taking down Benjamin take a good look at the roots. It could tell you a lot.

Day 54

Plant 1
20140423_212241.jpg

20140423_212247.jpg

Plant 2
20140423_212259.jpg

20140423_212309.jpg

Benjamin
20140423_212329.jpg

20140423_212339.jpg

20140423_212349.jpg

On plant 2, there is plenty of fresh growth. She'll survive I think. Benjamin is trying, but not much water taken in .. having a big fan dry the soil atm .. hope it helps a bit.

how much nutes did you give them buddy? Millilitres to litres of water

Here's what I did:

First you take this:
20140423_223455.jpg

20140423_223504.jpg

About this much:
20140423_223445.jpg

You then proceed to throw that in your water, dissolve it a bit while shaking, you dorwn your plants with that mixture, and then you watch your plants die.

:idea:

<sigh>

Edit: for best results, do so right after defoliation in flowering.

PlanetJ,

Believe it or not, I read, write & speak German as my 2nd language & the instructions are in Dutch! Dutch is a close sister of the Germanic language. I can completely understand the Zussamenstellung, Gebrauchsanweisung & Dosierung.:high-five:

They are very much in Dutch yes :) I know the two are closely related .. I was in the military, stationed in Germany, Seedorf .. I know a bit of German .. altho it sounds horrible.

Yeppers, was in the Military also, married a German girl, 2 kids, divorce & now back here after living there for 20 years altogether. From the dose you showed me, it's hard to believe that they the 1st one shrugged it off!

4 to 5 kg for 100m2 of plants.

Rule of 10/m2 So that dosage of 4-5kg is meant to feed about 1000 plants. (Not sure how much a kg is compared to the amount you're showing us though)

Assuming my math is correct and I didn't have a brain fart somewhere, Each plant should see about 4-5 grams of fertilizer per feeding. Remember it for next time brother!

...well .. combine your figures with the fact that this stuff is time-release, I'm not gonna use it anymore, except for the grass perhaps.

My plants wont see it anymore in any case .. I'll buy some proper nutes, and make sure to follow a schedule next time :D

I did that yesterday, those sites got worse .. the sites where i left it as it was, the affected leafs got worse, but the buds seemed to remain less affected. So I'm gonna leave them for now .. till the plant shows some signs of recovery. Also, dead leafs fall off.

My guess is that the plant is trying to move all the nutes to storage, burning the leaves. If I snip 'em off before they are completely used, the plant is forced to use new storage.

...well .. combine your figures with the fact that this stuff is time-release, I'm not gonna use it anymore, except for the grass perhaps.

My plants wont see it anymore in any case .. I'll buy some proper nutes, and make sure to follow a schedule next time :D

That sounds like a good plan. We live and learn mate.. I've made mistakes in my grow as well. But luckily we have some great vendors here on the forum, and you can use the experiences of tons of other users before you when selecting nutrients. And in all honestly, they're not that expensive either, and still let you do a "budget grow" just a proper budget grow :)

But you still have plant #1 looking solid! So keep rocking man!

I see some recovery on Benjamin ... if nothing else, I'll try to clone her and make amends the second time around. Plant 2 will deffinately survive, lots of new growth, didnt even hermie on me yet ... these plants are awesome and forgiving ... and I'm a stupid dork when fertilizer is concerned :p

That's some goods news. Don't get too down, at least we all learned a valuable lesson.

:goodjob:

Thanks for the encouragement. No worries about me getting down over mistakes ;) They are the most valuable thing in life, if one cares to learn from them. This grow of bagseed was intended to learn from .. and thus I experiment a bit with what I can do to these girls without killing them.

I'm experimenting and learning .. and having a lot of fun in the proces :) I've been smoking it for about 20 years now .. and given what I learned about local growing methods, I'll grow my own from now on. I'll get a good setup eventually, and in the mean time. I'm having great fun learning, watching others grow, and seeing some results in my low-cost DIY experiment.

I want to know if my less then ideal conditions will yield better stuff then the 8-days-of-veg-then-flower-too-short crap I can buy here, so I cant really loose ;)

Man hang in there. I wish you where in CO close I would hook you up with all the plants you need. I will check back in soon. Wish you the best.

Man hang in there. I wish you where in CO close I would hook you up with all the plants you need. I will check back in soon. Wish you the best.

Thanks man, you hooked me up with something much more valuable then plants; you, through your vids, journals and howto's, tought me how to do it myself ;)
Your journals where a major part in me getting to the point where I said: I can do this.

The level of detail in your pictures, the way you explain stuff and the way you manage to keep it simple, make it a great learning tool.

:bravo::adore:

Hey thank you that means a lot to me. Its people like you that keeps us pushing the info out there and I really appreciate your support by taking your time to watch and read some K.I.S info I try and put what I can out there. I am not the only one here doing it. There is so many great people on this site and is why it is my home. I wish you the best and as long as you are happy growing that is the key. Happiness is a uplifting to everyone's soul.

Back
Top Bottom