2009 First Grow from bagseed!

i have a plant only 3 days old starting to wilt like i over watered???? how much does a seedling need to be watered i seem to have to water every other day do to dry soil my box does stay hot around 85-89F with lights on i am a pore bastard doing my best here any tips?

smokin, you should really start your own journal :)

85-89 is pretty hot if you're not running a CO2 system...can you raise the lights a bit more? This is assuming you're measuring temps at the top of your canopy. There are limited ways to cool your grow area without resorting to expensive alternatives...

1) Lower the ambient air temp outside the enclosure

2) Increase air flow through your cabinet

3) Raise the lights farther from your plants

How much of a temp increase are you seeing between ambient air temp and the temp inside your grow area?

As for watering, only water when required...these plants like a dry/wet cycle. Letting them go a few days without water is fine, they will let you know if they need water by wilting (not recommended for constant timing but every now and then won't hurt it). You would be amazed how fast a wilting, thirsty plant will perk back up when watered :) You can buy a moisture meter for under $10 if you think you're over-doing it. General rule of thumb is not to water until you can poke your finger a few inches in to the soil and it comes out dry. There's a good thread about watering frequency in the "How to Grow MJ" subforum.

Today i stopped by HD and picked up a y socket for the CFL's, so i added a third cfl to the grow.:cheer: i need to figure out how to put up the other one. then im planning on buying a bigger CFL. i might just do CFL the whole way!;)
the plants are gettin big too!
heres the oldest one.

day_8.jpg

so im home from work now, i checked the plants and they are going great!
pics tomorrow sorry!
oh and great news! i started construction on a box that will fit perfect in my closet, the box is 2ft wide x 4 ft long x 4 ft tall.
its probably a little smaller on the inside, im not done building it yet though, hopefully by tommorow though!

-peace n ganja!!

Heres my update for today!
The pics are of day 11 and they seem to be coming along strong, no signs of slowing down. and i didnt get a chance to finish my box, so im planning on finishing it today or tomorow, but i threw in a pic of the frames,
Enjoy,

The Younger one
day_11_young.jpg

The older One
day_11_old.jpg

both
day_111.jpg

Frames
Box_Frames.jpg

Im not a carpenter, but they should do the trick,:grinjoint:
:peace: and :yummy:

damn didnt you measure it first?
i have mine on my porch do to my closet gettin way to hot lol
i have plenty room come grow here lol jk
if you have a house ? put the box out side close to the house and lock it up when your not home i live on the top floor and have mine on my porch with a lock and i painted it the same color as my apt lol
an i have 1 cord going out there and then a brick power supply inside the box
just tryin to give you some itdeas lol

the Box itself will fit inside the closet, but I forgot to check door clearance, and there is a wall right in front of my door but the box is too long and won't turn sufficiently to get it in my room, lol I couldn't grow in the van, way to hot, and it would get to hot outside aswell, but luckily there is a spare bedroom which it did fit in and I will probably just keep it there! now I'm gonna smoke a blunt and a few bowls, cuz it was tiring building it, :roorrip: :bong:

well man when i got to that point that i couldnt just put it fully built in my closet i took it apart and built it inside the closet maybe try that lol
take it apart put it all inside then put it back together where you want it sounds like alot of work but atleast it will be where you wanted it in the first place

actually, wut im thinking of doing, is purchasing some cab. or some kinda box that will fit in my closet, and use the other big box for flowering when it comes to that point, this way i can always keep some plants in veg, and some in flowering, when i get some good seeds, i'll keep a mother plant! lol, rebuilding it in my closet would be hell! There are a handfull of screws in one corner of the box!

Yezzzirr! Heres the update, Day 16 of Veg. lookn good, they got big, :cheer::grinjoint:im high, and im about to smoke a joint, and upload these pics,
i officially named my plants, i figured they might aswell have names!
notice that one plant has long pointy leaves, and one has wider palm lookin leaves, this might clue me in to there sativa/indica type!
but the pointy one is named...MarvelousColas...!!! i predict, that it will have marvelous colas,
the palm one is named...PalmTropical...!!!because it reminds me of the palm trees from when i lived in Cali! :rollit:
MC was lookin thirsty today as i predicted, it was a droopy lookin plant, and so was PT, but after a nice water, they jumped back up all preppy like in like 4-5 hours,
Temp- 77F and 82F hottest part of the day in the closet! ambient temps are about 3-4F degrees diff.
Humidity is currently about 44%
I need to check the ph of the soil, thatll be next time, when i transplant them into some bigger buckets as they're new permanent home!
and finally, the picks!:popcorn::cool::bong:
Heres MC
Day_16_MarvelousColas.jpg

Top of MC
Day_16_MarvelousColas2.jpg

PT Stalk
Day_16_PalmTropical.jpg

PT Top
Day_16_PalmTropical2.jpg

and the box that didnt fit in my closet!
BoxFinished.jpg

They lookin nice! Im going away on business next week, and i will be gone for 4-5 days, and i was goin to transplant them before i leave, Does anybody think theyll get to dry if i transplant them into the buckets and water them before i leave? Do you think Theyll be alright til i get back friday 17th?Help!:grinjoint:

the box is sweet and you are nuts for having them that big in those plastic cups lol
on your leaving be half i think that is your box does not get to hot while you are gone they maybe dry when you get home but not as dry if as they would if it gets hot in there
i would try and run a humidafire in there while your gone so the air is not so dry just an idea good luck lookin sick man and love the box mine was nice but not that nice lol

lol, thanks for the words of encouragement smokin! sometimes it feels like ur the only one watchin! and yea, I just noticed they're a lil big for their cups, so hopefully I'll pick up another sack of ffof and fill up the buckets, I think I already have a humididfier, I just have to find it,
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom