2016 - Perpetual Basement Blues In RDWC - 1000W HPS - Autoflowering Blue Strains

I got some NP going right now. There about 3 weeks from being done.
They s-t-retch. Alot.
You better get on top of them pretty early or you'll have 5' monsters.
I don't know bout you, but I'm bout ready for these autos to be all jarred up.

We must be related LOL we keep picking the same strains!

I've bent one more of them over this morning. 3 are now being FIM'd. The other 3 are plenty short. I'm also cogitating a screen. I had to manually turn the light off last night, and took a minute to look at them under normal light. They are really badly burned in the 2 foot by 3 foot square directly under the light. I need to keep them at least 2.5 feet below it. So, I need a kind of U shaped SCROG thing going here, I suspect.

OR I NEED PLANTS THAT ONLY GROW AS TALL AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO FFS

sorry .... better now

I'm also wondering if I should just cut all the burned stuff off and hope the smaller crap below fills in better. I dunno. Maybe I should just compost the whole plant.

2015-12-16_01_16_55.jpg

We must be related LOL we keep picking the same strains!

I've bent one more of them over this morning. 3 are now being FIM'd. The other 3 are plenty short. I'm also cogitating a screen. I had to manually turn the light off last night, and took a minute to look at them under normal light. They are really badly burned in the 2 foot by 3 foot square directly under the light. I need to keep them at least 2.5 feet below it. So, I need a kind of U shaped SCROG thing going here, I suspect.

OR I NEED PLANTS THAT ONLY GROW AS TALL AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO FFS

sorry .... better now

I'm also wondering if I should just cut all the burned stuff off and hope the smaller crap below fills in better. I dunno. Maybe I should just compost the whole plant.

2015-12-16_01_16_55.jpg

Lol. Right?
I planned on 2' tall plants at most, not the 5' trees making me jerry-rig the light supports.

Just caught up. Love the DIY things.

And tell your step-dad, Thank you for serving, and... teaching you how to clean brass and kief. :high-five:

Thanks!! :)

good lord a year in dwc? Longest I have done is 4 months and that ended being my biggest harvest. What is LST ? Is it something similar to scrog ?

Oh, it's not the same plants the whole time, for sure! But I'm doing autos this year in RDWC. I've got 3 6 cell systems they rotate through from seedling through growth through bloom and keeping them full for a year (replacing as things age out).

LST is low stress training. It's where you bend the main stalk(s) over to force the smaller ones to get more light - it's often used with scrog - the screen thing.

2015-12-18_07_39_33.jpg

One of the Narco Purps has germinated! Woo Woo!

2015-12-18_07_45_14.jpg

The Blue Mystic are still going strong. The little weird short one is a girl, at least, for now. One of them has her head sideways because I just tied her down some more.

I thought about it after I posted and figure that's what it meant. I don't have the touch to do the bending thing, I do too much damage. I tie down now...

I've never tied plants down like this before. I don't like doing it now - it feels invasive. I don't have as much height in the room as I need, though, either, and my last plants burned themselves pretty good on the light. I'm terrified I'm going to break them LOL I've found that if I bend the top over a bit and then come back an hour later to bend it back down and actually tie it down then, they don't seem to mind it, and luckily all the tops are still there.

It's a bit of an experiment, really. I'm going to build a screen for them too, I think, in a week or two.

Ironically, I just went down to look at them, and bent one over, and her stem snapped and cracked just a little. I think she will heal, though.

The Blue Mystics this morning (Day 31):
2015-12-19_07_40_50.jpg
2015-12-19_07_41_03.jpg

The Narco Purps in the nursery buckets - 3 of 6 have sprouted now.

The funniest thing to me this morning is calling this "LST" .... it's just gardening. Tee Hee.

The 3rd of the narcotherapy is nearing ready to harvest:
2015-12-18_10_30_06.jpg

Blue Mystic - Day 35

Today is the day the little Blue Mystic will switch to bloom nutes. They have been on aggressive growth (3 : 2 : 1) and now I will switch them to (2 : 2 : 2) plus KoolBloom for 2 weeks. After that they go (1 : 2 : 3) plus KoolBloom until harvest (or until I flush before harvest). In other words, today they go to 1200 PPM instead of 800 PPM. I am waiting (aren't I always?!?!?) on two new water pumps to arrive from Amazon. I've got a plan to drain and fill my res that won't involve me carting several 5 gallon buckets of water anywhere. I'll put one 5 gallon bucket in the tub and turn on the faucet to fill it. In that bucket I will put one water pump with its hose going into my res. I'll put the other water pump in the res with a hose going back to the tub. It will force clean water in while it pulls old water out, and eventually, it will be a clean water in the res. No carrying buckets! OK I'm probably wasting a metric f*ck ton of water. I don't care.

2015-12-20_07_01_30.jpg

Three of them are trying to burst out in buds now. Two of them are kinda flowering (including the weird ass little midget plant that I keep waiting on to herm). The most indica looking of the 6 has not shown anything other than preflowers yet.

2015-12-20_07_02_08.jpg
2015-12-20_07_02_41.jpg
2015-12-20_07_04_02.jpg

These little girls really appear to be loving the mild bondage. Kinky.

Narco Purps - Day 0-ish
3 of 6 have sprouted. I've never had seeds take so long to come up or take so long from the first one to the last one in a set. It's kinda cold in the room now, I suppose, though.
2015-12-20_07_01_11.jpg

Why not fill a 5 gallon bucket like you are planning and use a pump to fill an empty five gallon right next to your plant (or whatever size bucket your dwc is in), add nutes, then lift the plant bucket lid and put it on the new bucket. Then put the second pump in the old bucket and empty it into the tub. Repeat with each plant.

Garden looking great. Nice seedlings and newly budding plants!

Oh, because all my plant cells (the buckets they're in) are connected with tubing back to a common reservoir - that way I only drain and fill from one place. There's a water pump in the res that sends water into each cell every 15 minutes.

Some day, I want to have electronic sensors in the reservoir and electronically controlled nutrient solution and pH solution bottles, so the sensor can see what nutes are missing and automagically add more or see when the water level is low and automagically open up the water hose. Yeah. Some day.

Oh, because all my plant cells (the buckets they're in) are connected with tubing back to a common reservoir - that way I only drain and fill from one place. There's a water pump in the res that sends water into each cell every 15 minutes.

Some day, I want to have electronic sensors in the reservoir and electronically controlled nutrient solution and pH solution bottles, so the sensor can see what nutes are missing and automagically add more or see when the water level is low and automagically open up the water hose. Yeah. Some day.

You're trying to take all of the fun out of it aren't you? Maybe build a robot to do harvest duties too. :biglaugh:

Hey growchick, if you need someone to take the smoking duties off your plate as well, I know just the guy.

What if I dress up as C-3PO?

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom