2016 - Perpetual Basement Blues In RDWC - 1000W HPS - Autoflowering Blue Strains

Saw the movie Saturday. Was totally worth seeing.

Still only 3 of 6 sprouted on the Narco Purps, but it does get pretty cold in here at night. I can tell 2 more will eventually sprout, so I'm really only worried about the one.

I've been meaning to change out the nutrient ratio in the reservoir for a few days now, and finally my hand was forced this morning. Mom's dog has been visiting, and she accidentally knocked a hose loose off the reservoir and drained it for me. Plants are happy now that they've got their blooming nutes. My floor is a little damp, still.

I've been meaning to change out the nutrient ratio in the reservoir for a few days now, and finally my hand was forced this morning. Mom's dog has been visiting, and she accidentally knocked a hose loose off the reservoir and drained it for me. Plants are happy now that they've got their blooming nutes. My floor is a little damp, still.

Time to drop 100 seeds into the carpet and start a real sea of green! Hope it dries out for you quickly. I'm glad you saw it in time. Would have been a bummer to dry all those root balls. Gotta look on the bright side.

Time to drop 100 seeds into the carpet and start a real sea of green! Hope it dries out for you quickly. I'm glad you saw it in time. Would have been a bummer to dry all those root balls. Gotta look on the bright side.

HAHAHAH that reminds me of this woman I used to know whose house burned down to the ground one night. Few days later, after some heavy rain, there were literally hundreds, maybe even 1000s, of little pot seedlings in the area where her living room used to be.

Narco Purps - 5 of 6 have sprouted now. I might actually have my first dud seed.
2015-12-23_10_23_39.jpg

Blue Mystic - seem to be doing well. I think they need more light, though.
2015-12-23_10_23_46.jpg

Three of them are really just blooming, whether I think it's time or not.
2015-12-23_10_23_59.jpg

The last of the titans - the fourth and final narcotherapy
2015-12-23_10_24_49.jpg

The whole garden
2015-12-23_10_25_07.jpg

The Blue Mystic are exploding. I didn't pay attention for two days because of all the food around the house due to the holidays.
2015-12-26_13_44_56.jpg

They will move into the big girl space in a few days. I want to replace the 1000W light first.

I will confirm that that "Red Strap" method is the ultimate method for that application. The method pictured in post #13. It works really great in flowering as well. If you put 4 plants in one net pot and strap them in such a way that each plant leans NE, NW, SE and SW (towards the 4 corners of a square) you get the most massive yield ( with 18" vegged clones).

Yeah - I use hydroguard, religiously!

I think it's just my sucky water combined with there being such a tiny bit of nutrient (PPM at 250ish).

I raised the PPM to 500, added some CaMg, and pH is at 5.7ish now. Hopefully, it holds for a while.

Sometimes, the city water supply has a little too much sodium hydroxide. That messes things UP even more so at low EC (PPM). Some people have to go as far as deionizing beyond the reverse osmosis filter to get rid of that stuff. I could be wrong in your case. Maybe your municipal water quality report could shed light on that theory.

Sometimes, the city water supply has a little too much sodium hydroxide. That messes things UP even more so at low EC (PPM). Some people have to go as far as deionizing beyond the reverse osmosis filter to get rid of that stuff. I could be wrong in your case. Maybe your municipal water quality report could shed light on that theory.

Thanks - worth looking in to.

The last of the narcotherapy came down today, so I had a chance to go clean out the big girl buckets, add two more, and rebuild the light with my new Christmas present to myself. I found a hydroponics store near where I live, and they carry everything I've been buying on amazon, only a little cheaper.

The buckets under the new light with the addition of 2 more to the system.

Up close - I changed the hose to come in from the side instead of through the top of the plant's lid/net pot.

Getting ready to move into new home. I finally have both lights hooked up to the carbon filter and exhausting the heat/smell out the window. The room is like 20 degrees cooler. NO MORE BALLAST BUDS!!

All settled in under the new light.

This one plant is so dark and so covered in trichomes already.

Most of them look more like this one.

Looks sweet. I love Christmas gifts to myself, but now I have to tell the wife she bought it for me. :laughtwo:

On another note, do you have any problems with moisture on your vent ducts? I had such a problem with condensation from the ducts I had to change it all out with insulated duct. The air coming from outside @ ~30 to 45 degs, entering the ~75 deg grow room sweated the ducts, causing drips on the plants.

Looks sweet. I love Christmas gifts to myself, but now I have to tell the wife she bought it for me. :laughtwo:

On another note, do you have any problems with moisture on your vent ducts? I had such a problem with condensation from the ducts I had to change it all out with insulated duct. The air coming from outside @ ~30 to 45 degs, entering the ~75 deg grow room sweated the ducts, causing drips on the plants.

That's a problem I have not yet had. I have to run a humidifier 24/7 in my garden - it's very dry in there. I can totally see that happening in the right environment, though. I keep a window open in the room, too, to draw in the outside air. I have a lot of air flow in the room itself, though - lot of fans moving things around.

PUPPIES!!!!

Nice girls, beautiful puppy.

He/she looks concerned. Anything you wanna tell us?

:rofl:
She's very concerned that I might be in very real danger from the myriad of sparkleblots on the walls and ceiling that seem to be following me around (the reflections from my glasses and the bright grow lights).

My dog is a light gazer too. Any points of light on the walls and they are mesmerized.nice new Christmas set up! They are at the awesome going to explode stage.

Yeah, they are, and how!! I've been in there tieing the taller canes down all morning. I seem to have become quite the dominatrix/bondage queen lately. I'm tieing them up left and right now. I'm really excited watching these ones take off, though. These look like they are going to turn into some incredible smoke, and now I've got the 1000W cooled off, they won't get torched before I cut them down any more either!!

Up close and personal shots of the main bud and a fan leaf on the one plant that is just frosty as all get out. She's 41 days old.

The Narco Purps are finally starting to pick up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom