2016 - Perpetual Basement Blues In RDWC - 1000W HPS - Autoflowering Blue Strains

Does the ph increase on your pen when the temp increase?

Yes - it's not significant, really. I'm talking about .01 difference over 10 degrees, but temperature does impact the readings.

I'm still seeing nutrient deficiencies in these plants - deficiencies I can't explain. The pH is down to between 5.9 and 6.1 now. The PPM was hot this morning - over 1500, so they've been drinking again. I added clear water to thin it out. I feel like I should drain and refill this res, but I can't until I can get to a store to buy more nutes (I'm out of florabloom).

Looks like potassium, manganese, phosphorus, or iron deficiency - manganese and iron make sense if my pH has been near 6.5 this whole time. It looks most like phosphorous deficiency to me, which doesn't make any sense because it's available at higher pH.

Crossing my fingers for your girls.

Sorry I don't have more to offer than that.

Sometimes, that's enough! Thanks <3

When can you get to the store. I think what you are seeing is just the leftover effects from before you adjusted the reservoir. But I am sure you will be happy when you can change it out. What was your ppm and pH after adding water?

If I'm lucky, I can get to the store tomorrow afternoon. If not, I'll have to order from the amazon and wait til whenever it arrives around Friday.

PPM is at 1050 now and pH at 6.2. I hit it with another 1.5 mL of pH Down just now. Still trying to ease it down under 6. It's very resistant for some reason. I've never struggled this hard to get it down.

Could low res temp cause this also? It might be chilly in there.

Is there anything you are adding that's new/different?

No - that's what's so weird. Just checked it again was at 6.17 so I hit it with another 1.5 mL of pH down and I'll check again in 2 more hours. Hopefully, by today, I get it to under 6.

I kinda wonder if maybe I measured stuff wrong when I mixed this batch up and just didn't realize it. I filled the res from empty last week. I may have put more Kool Bloom than I normally do by accident or something.

The water in the res is foamy, too, and I don't think I've ever noticed that before. Like where the air stone bubbles the water, it stays bubbly on the surface of the water.

Could low res temp cause this also? It might be chilly in there.

Dunno but I think low res temp just caused my Raquel to go on hunger strike for a couple of days while the temp came back up after I last flushed as the EC didn't seem to drop as much when the water seemed colder and I didn't need to add nutes in top ups.

Maybe this res temp thing is important after all :biglaugh:

Dunno but I think low res temp just caused my Raquel to go on hunger strike for a couple of days while the temp came back up after I last flushed as the EC didn't seem to drop as much when the water seemed colder and I didn't need to add nutes in top ups.

Maybe this res temp thing is important after all :biglaugh:

One begins to suspect, eh? heheheh :rofl:

It was at 6.13 so I hit it with yet another 1.5 mL of pH down. Maybe by dinner I'll have it right LOL

Down to 6.02 now, so I gave 1mL more pH Down. Maybe, just maybe, will finally be under 6 in an hour or so.

Well, this morning, it was at 6.09. Added a little more pH down. Guess we're doing this again all day today.

I never check pH any more. Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect, lazy growers nutrients. :)

Well, I've gone to the hydroponics store today. I've used GH nutes for 20 some odd years. After learning of their connection to Monsanto, I've been itching to switch to something else. I intended to switch to the Botanicare Pure Blend Pro line, but the guy at the hydroponics store suggested I try the Humboldt line (and after running the numbers in my head, I quickly loved Humboldt). It's not a pH balanced nute line, but, it has really cool labels.

Will report back in a bit - gotta drain and fill (and figure out how much of this stuff does what LOL)

Well, I've gone to the hydroponics store today. I've used GH nutes for 20 some odd years. After learning of their connection to Monsanto, I've been itching to switch to something else. I intended to switch to the Botanicare Pure Blend Pro line, but the guy at the hydroponics store suggested I try the Humboldt line (and after running the numbers in my head, I quickly loved Humboldt). It's not a pH balanced nute line, but, it has really cool labels.

Will report back in a bit - gotta drain and fill (and figure out how much of this stuff does what LOL)

I used Humboldt during my first journal. Produced over 18 ounces from two autos. Can't complain about them. :)

Sure sure GC, you can claim cool labels but there's a reason we haven't seen a picture yet.

Probably not even nutes.

:rofl:

Two days ago, I noticed that one of the sprayer heads in the nursery was clogged because one of the Narco Purps had wilted - I thought it was dead.

I fixed the sprayer head and gave her a good soaking. She's fine now.

As for the Blue Mystic in the pH challenged water ....

They were looking much, much better today, so I've gone and mucked with the res and probably screwed it up entirely. Ha.

I drained out half of the old res mix, and I mixed up a batch of solution with the new nutrients and added it in to that. (Yeah, I know, I'm being cheap.)

They do seem to be healing, so I'm a little worried I've messed with it when I shouldn't have.

This one of the six is so phenomenal. It's a dark, dark green. It's covered in trichomes everywhere - on the stems, on the fan leaves, everywhere. It's not got many branches, but each one is pretty much all bud. This one also doesn't show any nutrient issues. Go figure.

PPM 1350; pH at 6.02 (gave 1.5 mL pH Down)

I ordered a Mars Hydro 300 - 132W off amazon today to put over the seedlings. I think there's not enough light for them and the vegetating plants at the same time - all sharing the 600W MH.

As usual, great update.

On a side note, thanks for posting the medium pics linked to the full size images. I use Chrome with a hover zoom add-on, and it works perfect for these pics.

As usual, great update.

On a side note, thanks for posting the medium pics linked to the full size images. I use Chrome with a hover zoom add-on, and it works perfect for these pics.

I wish everyone would do it that way. When I see thumbnail photos in a post I usually just unsub from the thread. I'm following too many to try and fight to see a photo.:biglaugh:

Back
Top Bottom