2016 - Perpetual Basement Blues In RDWC - 1000W HPS - Autoflowering Blue Strains

The triches look like thorns. Little clear thorns. Great work. What did you change for the NP?

Nothing, really. I moved the light more over them - that might have warmed them up just enough.

Hi growchick!

I saw one of your outrageous grow on Atrain's autoflower myth-busting journal. You definitely have a green thumb. I am currently a first time grower and just received some blue mystic autos, bubblelicious autos, and narco purps autos today! So, when I saw this link I thought to myself, "Yes, I can get a chance to see someone grow two of the strains that I have". Although I am growing in soil I think I can still benefit from watching your grow. Subbed already. Hope you don't mind me following along and asking questions.

Hi growchick!

I saw one of your outrageous grow on Atrain's autoflower myth-busting journal. You definitely have a green thumb. I am currently a first time grower and just received some blue mystic autos, bubblelicious autos, and narco purps autos today! So, when I saw this link I thought to myself, "Yes, I can get a chance to see someone grow two of the strains that I have". Although I am growing in soil I think I can still benefit from watching your grow. Subbed already. Hope you don't mind me following along and asking questions.

That's awesome! I hope your grow goes very well. I'm excited for you and glad you're here!

Oh, the joys of dog sitting ....

Found one of the outbound hoses disconnected from the res this morning. Mixed up another 10g of nute solution and added into res. Washing towels now. Ha :/

Narco Purps - Day 14

Blue Mystic - Day 44

I tied down some more on the back right plant. It's just getting silly tall. The three left plants have a nice even canopy. The front 2 right ones are a little short compared to their mates.

The front right plant has some kind of issue going on. I am heading to research right after I post these pictures. The pH is 6.3. The PPM is about 1050 (should be nearer 1200 at this point, though).

Maybe iron deficiency?? Ugh

At pH 6.3 you are above the peak absorption level for Mn,Fe, K and Boron. Why not drop down to around 5.8 or 6?

I have been trying to get it down to 5.85 for days now :rofl: It's resisting my attempts LOL It was at 6.5 a few days ago, and I get it to drop a few tenths each day.

Now, that you mention it Mn def would show with those light yellow splotchy bits, too, wouldn't it? I guess I need to keep working on the pH coming down and maybe try to do it faster.

It's just tap water. I don't add silica. Just the GH 3 part (at 1 : 2 : 3 right now), kool bloom, and cal mag. I did put more kool bloom than normal, this time, I think.

I was thinking about adding silica when I switch my nutes over to botanicare, but haven't used it yet. My stems are firm enough, anyhow - I just kinda wanted to use it for no reason.

I'm gonna go attack that res til I see pH under 6.0 and hope things get better.

If it is tap water you may want to try a gallon or two of distilled water in there to lower pH.distilled is pretty cheap.

Oh, thanks - that's a good idea. If I make it to the store today, I'll grab a few gallons.

The res was a little low on volume, anyhow, so I mixed up another 5 gallons of nutrient solution and got it to pH 5.8. I got the res down to 5.9 and then added the new liquid. It should level out now. I'll just have to keep checking the pH and those leaves to see if there's improvement.

Yeah, if it's iron, they should green back up, but if it's any other nutrient it won't "heal." I'll just keep watching it!

Hey Grow Chick,

I am glad you were able to get your p.h levels down. ShiggityFlip was a great help. Great Information about what nutrients cannot be absorbed at certain p.h levels. Loving this journal so far!

I always panic and forget to look at it when it's my plants involved ....

Have you seen one of those charts for temperature?

No, I haven't. I know temperature affects it because the pH is relative to the temp - like I mean the pH on my pen changes a bit depending on how hot the room is at the time.

Back
Top Bottom