2021 Barneys Runtz Muffin In A RDWC 4x4 Scrog & Mars LED

To be continued in 2 days when I also give them a water change

IMG_7563.JPG
IMG_7564.JPG

They have been filling almost 2 inch's a day so they should fill the last 22ish inches in 2 weeks plus grow out of the net a wee bit, How should I defoliate the bottom stuff before flowering for the scrog?

I was going to ask you yesterday, when are you going to clean em up. They are real bushy and have lots of extra fans that you don’t necessarily need. It’s up to you bro bro. I wouldn’t let any thing grow under the net. I defoliate kinda heavy, I like to be able to see through the plant and all parts of it. No hiding spots... bad stuff can happen when there’s hiding spots and pockets that don’t get good airflow. I’m to lazy to scrog,lol. I got a messy overcrowded flower room. Ha ha. I made the screen a few grows ago and it never got smashed on.lol I had different stuffs growing so I decided against putting different strains in the same screen. I’m excited to see what a runts muffin nugget looks like!

Well I have no shortage of branches, I am hoping it is more obvious what to let grow out when I go to flower lol. I keep pulling them towards the back wall but this scrog is slow. I trimmed a lot of big fans so I hope they still have enough but by the time I have the square filled all these fans will be big again.
20210219_215419.jpg
20210219_215428.jpg

Hey! Thanks for the love and for checking out my journal! Your SCROG looks great!!

Not sure if i have good advice, but I'm more than happy to share some tricks i learned on this one...
Air circulation. If you're going to keep a super tight canopy be sure you keep the undergrowth cleaned up and have some air moving through it. I kept finding water droplets that formed between leaves that were smooshed together and if i didn't dry them off they sometimes got mold spots! Yikes
Keep the undergrowth cleaned out, did i mention that?
On sideways branches I like to remove any leaves, nodes, shoots, etc that point down. Really helps with my next tip...
Don't be afraid to delete wimpy branches! It's hard at first because you're thinking "but these are bud sites and i believe in them!" But they'll only get crowded out by the rest and only produce larf or worse, snap off under strain. leaving the strongest shoots, branches, tops, whatever means more growth dedicated to solid, uniform colas. I attempted this with some success but honestly feel like I still left too many on. 108 is a LOT of colas and probably should have only left 50-75. there would have been 200+ had i not culled the wimpy ones!
Good luck, will probably remember more tips to add later

Oh, one more...
Once the scrog canopy is filled out i like to let it stretch vertically for a few days before flipping. Gives a preview for how the bloom stretch will go.
Then i check again for wimpy branches (also a good time to grab any last minute clones)

Oh, one more...
Once the scrog canopy is filled out i like to let it stretch vertically for a few days before flipping. Gives a preview for how the bloom stretch will go.
Then i check again for wimpy branches (also a good time to grab any last minute clones)
Thank you so much, so I do have a fan for the top and a fan for the bottom and I just removed all the big leaves as I also get the sweaty contact points. I am happy to hear that I am on the right track but I definitely have to cut some small stuff I noticed yesterday. 108 colas is insane I hope for something like that lol

Careful what you wish for...I'm not looking forward to trim day!
Honestly I enjoy trimming the colas, what I don't enjoy is trying to salvage some of the larfy bottom stuff, it takes just as long and you only ever get a little more lol

I hope that I can keep the underneath cleaner and I will have a little less small stuff

Honestly I enjoy trimming the colas, what I don't enjoy is trying to salvage some of the larfy bottom stuff, it takes just as long and you only ever get a little more lol

I hope that I can keep the underneath cleaner and I will have a little less small stuff
Yeah, of you keep the undergrowth cleaned up it should go quicker. Then if i do get any larfy buds i don't even trim them, just toss them in the pile with the sugar leaves for making edibles, etc.

Back
Top Bottom