300w LED - Sunset Kush

Re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

Keep doing exactly what you're doing! :morenutes:
Just add more OC+.

How did you get this far?

Well, these plants are tough
you fed them a quality food
you have them in a superb medium

Now that your water is sorted out, you're going to have epic buds! You will! Remember, this method is stoner proof! Just stop doing so much and let them grow!

Doc, it's tough not following taillights at night when you don't know where you're going! And thanks for letting me feel good about being lazy :Rasta:

:peace:

Re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

My DSL modem went tits-up, so I'm on dial-up until I can replace it, which will take a few days.

I'm going to try posting a bit from work until I get my DSL back, but until I get broadband working at home, posting pics is not going to be easy.

I snapped a couple of pics of Halfway today, the first LR2 that turned out to be male.

This plant was grown using only OC+ from about mid veg all the way through bloom. He's been outside since he showed sex.

Average height for LR2's is about 14", and Halfway is up to 27". He'd probably keep on growing, but I'm collecting pollen and chopping him in a few minutes.

P1000920_Medium.JPG

P1000925_Medium.JPG

Wish I had a female grown with OC+ through bloom, but that's a few weeks away.

I'll take some pics of Vicky and Shrub tonight and update on them. They're doing just mahvelous.

Vicky continues to pack on the hairs, and Shrub, who was planted about a week later, is just starting to show some baby buds.

Things are going well except for my DSL. I could tether my cell phone and use it as an access point for my pc, but Windows doesn't handle two gateways very gracefully. Last time I did that it took me a whole night of thrashing to get things back in order, so probably not going to exercise that option.

thanks for following!

yes, the stuff grows hella nice male plants ;)

j/k, but seriously, my comments are limited to my experience with it.

that male plant was a beauty!

The only yellowing was on the very bottom fan leaves all the way through bloom. I could not cut through the main stem with my usual shears because it was the diameter of a broomstick and almost as tough. I had to get my big lopping shears to chop him.

I'm sure being out in the sun contributed to some of that vigor, but growing outdoors would also have quickly revealed any deficiencies with the OC+ because of the plant's increased metabolic rate.

Halfway got everything he needed with the OC+ and water straight from my garden hose. I didn't even PH the tap water it or blend it with RO, and our tap water's ppm is around 245.

There were a few white flies doing their best to set up shop, but his vigor and immune system was up to the challenge. There was *no* leaf damage whatsoever.

So, I have high hopes for how the OC+ will work with female plants without any other supplements, but the proof is a few weeks away yet.

thanks doc!

OK, Munki just posted this Hempy tip over on Irish's thread and I thought I would post a link because it's a great tip!

To that tip, I'm going to add one of my own.

If you need to be away from your Hempy grow for longer than the bucket's 2" deep res will supply your plants, you can drill a second "vacation hole" an inch or so up from the first hole and normally keep it plugged, then switch the plug to the bottom hole when you leave home and you increase the size of the res enough to maybe give you an extra day or two of leeway.

Or, alternatively, you could stick a grommet and 90-degree elbow in the original hole and just twist it to dial in the size of the res.

If you send me your standard Hempy buckets, I will gladly turn them into "setting sun dial-a-res buckets" for $99.95, plus the cost of the elbow and grommet, of course.

With a rubber grommet...a 90 degree elbow and a piece of tubing you can have dial adjustment...:ganjamon:
(Edit : Just like SS said above but my brain completely spaced so I repeated him...ROFL)

I have a problem though...my 3 gallon bucket hempy with the hole drilled at two inches runs out of water in one night...well no way she would make it to the next day, but not quite out. I thought of a solution if I need more than one day away...set that bucket down in a 5 gallon bucket and just fill it to whatever level you want with phed water or nutes...the greatly increased volume should tide over thirsty babies.

Just a thought.

:peace:

That's another solution for decreasing watering frequency.

Put them in larger buckets or trays with the water level over the hole.

How high have you gone with the water level over the hole?

I'd imagine that if you went too high with the level, at some point the plant would start to drown, since the air roots would be underwater and they won't do well with that.

My "vacation hole" solution and the above solution will only work well with plants mature enough to have well-established roots in the res. It will *not* work on younger plants that are dependent on top-watering for moisture around their roots.

Well there is no perlite to displace the water so you shouldn't need to fill it up more than a couple inches over the drain hole and it will be significantly more than the 2 inch reservoir would hold by itself.

I haven't had to use it yet, but have the bucket ready, it is sitting on my plant table just in case she starts drinking more than she will get through the night happily...don't want slow downs, she gets more than enough air specialized roots up in the perlite...I would think.

I know my soil girls at full tilt were drinking 3/4 of a gallon of water a night in the winter...humidity at 15% etc...probably won't be an issue this grow...hope not, guess I can water twice a day...just making sure I remember is the thing....

:peace: brother.

If you need to be away from your Hempy grow for longer than the bucket's 2" deep res will supply your plants, you can drill a second "vacation hole" an inch or so up from the first hole and normally keep it plugged, then switch the plug to the bottom hole when you leave home and you increase the size of the res enough to maybe give you an extra day or two of leeway.

Or, alternatively, you could stick a grommet and 90-degree elbow in the original hole and just twist it to dial in the size of the res.

If you send me your standard Hempy buckets, I will gladly turn them into "setting sun dial-a-res buckets" for $99.95, plus the cost of the elbow and grommet, of course.

very smart i am like this idea also because my girls drink water like their no tomorrow.

Well there is no perlite to displace the water so you shouldn't need to fill it up more than a couple inches over the drain hole and it will be significantly more than the 2 inch reservoir would hold by itself.

I haven't had to use it yet, but have the bucket ready, it is sitting on my plant table just in case she starts drinking more than she will get through the night happily...don't want slow downs, she gets more than enough air specialized roots up in the perlite...I would think.

I know my soil girls at full tilt were drinking 3/4 of a gallon of water a night in the winter...humidity at 15% etc...probably won't be an issue this grow...hope not, guess I can water twice a day...just making sure I remember is the thing....

:peace: brother.

When it gets to twice a day, it starts to concern me. Too little margin for error for my comfort.

I've got some ideas for an active hydro recirculating drip system using a tub and regular Hempy buckets with drains installed in the holes. Extremely simple design that waters for me and gives up nothing to regular Hempy buckets if there is a pump failure.

It's going to make my grows a lot less work, and the plants will grow better with more consistent watering.

Good things happening under the Spectra 300!

Vicky is blooming explosively. She may go a few oz, but I have no idea yet how many.

I noticed a mild mag deficiency in a few lower leaves, and I think it's because I've been light with the OC+ since I've never used it before. I'm going to top-dress her pot with another 1-2 Tbsp.

There really no chance I'm going to burn them with OC+, but old habits die hard, and I'm always careful with nutes new to me.

Shrub looked a little droopy for a couple days after the transplant, but her roots must have hit the res, cause she's all perked up and taking off.

P1000927.JPG

P1000931.JPG

P1000947.JPG

P1000953.JPG

P1000946.JPG

P1000944.JPG

P1000937.JPG

P1000942.JPG

By the time these girls are in the bag, the PPP clones should be somewhere near ready to go in the tents ;).

This grow's on-track and looking good!

:thanks:

It's soooo nice to see a 1st time cross bud up for the first time because you just never know...

Ladies lookin' good, Sun.:welldone:

b:riskybusiness:

thank you b!

yeah, I'm glad the VK X NL/williams wonder seems to be flowering well. It was an unknown and I was concerned because as you say, you never know what genetic ugliness might rear its head.

Looks good so far though. I can't wait to smoke some and see how that blended together. The NL/ww had a more euphoric effect than the cozy VK couchlock, so should be interesting.

Heya SS! The ladies are looking great. The buds are looking might fine. :ganjamon:

thank you trichtone!

Your plants look so healthy and nice. You take some good pictures! :thumb:

thanks Tmac12, and :welcome: !

Looks like i checked in during the right time. Lovely looking ladies SS. You hempy guys got me interested and now Im going to have to spend some time to completely understand this hempy grow thing. Looks like a good way to hold a mother or two but hempy is mostly for soil right? Meaning you can do a hydro grow with just water in them?

Hempy is a passive hydro method, meaning that the medium is something soilless, like perlite, and you use hydro nutes because the medium doesn't provide any nutes like soil does.

There's no part of a hempy bucket that's just water. What you do is just drill a pencil-sized hole two inches up from the bottom, fill the thing with perlite, and start growing.

The 2" "reservoir" at the bottom of the bucket isn't just water, but rather perlite saturated with water, and the plant drinks from that.

You water until you see some runoff coming out of the hole.

There's very little to understand with this method, and it's great for newbies because it's almost impossible to overwater your plants.

Good things happening under the Spectra 300!

Vicky is blooming explosively. She may go a few oz, but I have no idea yet how many.

I noticed a mild mag deficiency in a few lower leaves, and I think it's because I've been light with the OC+ since I've never used it before. I'm going to top-dress her pot with another 1-2 Tbsp.

There really no chance I'm going to burn them with OC+, but old habits die hard, and I'm always careful with nutes new to me.

Shrub looked a little droopy for a couple days after the transplant, but her roots must have hit the res, cause she's all perked up and taking off.

P1000927.JPG

P1000931.JPG

P1000947.JPG

P1000953.JPG

P1000946.JPG

P1000944.JPG

P1000937.JPG

P1000942.JPG

By the time these girls are in the bag, the PPP clones should be somewhere near ready to go in the tents ;).

This grow's on-track and looking good!

:thanks:

WTF!!!!!!!! why in the hell arnt my plants flowering like yours? starting to piss me off, everyone is passing me way up and i started before everyone.lol

bro those girls are look great! nice color and the buds are looking good for that stage, cant wait to see them in a few more weeks.

truly a great job bro!

Back
Top Bottom