300w LED - Sunset Kush

Re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

Good things happening under the Spectra 300!

By the time these girls are in the bag, the PPP clones should be somewhere near ready to go in the tents ;).

This grow's on-track and looking good!

:thanks:

SS, isn't it just orgasmic when a good plan comes along? Especially when timing. This is sweet because I do the same exact thing. I start Auto's and Reg's at the same time. But in the same box, and then I finish out the flower, by the time the auto's are done, the reg's are nice and vegged, and ready for clones. Give or take.

Timing is a bitch...just like patience! However, tt should prove to be quite rewarding should we make it!

Glad all's well!

G:tokin:O

Re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

SS, are the tips starting to bleach out? They look like early onset of some bleaching coming on...really has screwed things up for me plenty of times. Just ruins a perfectly good crown!

-Go

Beautiful plants SS, I want to do another auto, after growing the Roadrunner. It was some tasty smoke!

WTF!!!!!!!! why in the hell arnt my plants flowering like yours? starting to piss me off, everyone is passing me way up and i started before everyone.lol

bro those girls are look great! nice color and the buds are looking good for that stage, cant wait to see them in a few more weeks.

truly a great job bro!

thank you bro!

The two new variables in your current grow are the hempy buckets and the heat. You've grown the same strain before with the same lights, so it's gotta be one of those two things, and between those two, I'd have to think it's the heat, and/or that hempy buckets aren't as good in heat as soil, but I don't know if that's the case. It may just be the heat.

maybe it's time to break out the "Bloom Now Bitch!" from Rick James?

;)

SS, isn't it just orgasmic when a good plan comes along? Especially when timing. This is sweet because I do the same exact thing. I start Auto's and Reg's at the same time. But in the same box, and then I finish out the flower, by the time the auto's are done, the reg's are nice and vegged, and ready for clones. Give or take.

Timing is a bitch...just like patience! However, tt should prove to be quite rewarding should we make it!

Glad all's well!

G:tokin:O

Well, after the huge disappointment of having all my LR2's turn out male, I'm really happy that the grow didn't just go belly up.

Life laughed at my plans, but that's why I like to have plan B, which in this case was a grow-saver.

I love the idea of growing a couple of autos alongside the regulars, and I think I'll be doing that in future grows. My problems with the autos on this grow haven't soured me on them at all. Others have grown them just fine, and received fems when they ordered fems, so it was just my turn to take a chance hit, that's all.

Some diesel ryder might be nice ;).

SS, are the tips starting to bleach out? They look like early onset of some bleaching coming on...really has screwed things up for me plenty of times. Just ruins a perfectly good crown!

-Go

nope, no bleaching that I can see. The pics I take with the plants inside the tent are with the LED light on, and my camera's white balance manually adjusted, so there can be some strange artifact from that, but everything's nice and green.

I've had the light down to 9-10" now for a few days and I don't see any stress.

I continue to be amazed at how much more tolerant to light stress the plants become in bloom, almost as if flipping their light schedule flips another switch that lets them handle much more light.

thanks G! ;)

Beautiful plants SS, I want to do another auto, after growing the Roadrunner. It was some tasty smoke!

I've seen some tasty Roadunner pics, but haven't smoked any. Dinafem has a strain called Roadrunner 2 now, that yields even more than the original and I believe may also be more potent.

What other autos are you considering growing?

thanks for checkin' in TheAnswer!

I'm glad you joined us ;)

Hempy is a passive hydro method, meaning that the medium is something soilless, like perlite, and you use hydro nutes because the medium doesn't provide any nutes like soil does.

There's no part of a hempy bucket that's just water. What you do is just drill a pencil-sized hole two inches up from the bottom, fill the thing with perlite, and start growing.

The 2" "reservoir" at the bottom of the bucket isn't just water, but rather perlite saturated with water, and the plant drinks from that.

You water until you see some runoff coming out of the hole.

There's very little to understand with this method, and it's great for newbies because it's almost impossible to overwater your plants.

So Hempy is the most simple soilless medium to grow your plants hydroponically? What size pot do you guys usually use? And how much do you water with? Is there a hempy thread for noobs? Off to searching I go. I pretty much understand DWC and have everything to do that but if that somehow goes wrong I think hempy might be the best back up answer as I dont digg growing in dirt (Not yet at least). and BTW :thanks: for the response.

Sry NVM found one :)

thank you bro!

The two new variables in your current grow are the hempy buckets and the heat. You've grown the same strain before with the same lights, so it's gotta be one of those two things, and between those two, I'd have to think it's the heat, and/or that hempy buckets aren't as good in heat as soil, but I don't know if that's the case. It may just be the heat.

maybe it's time to break out the "Bloom Now Bitch!" from Rick James?

;)

hempy buckets bloom plants. They just do.

Plants have trouble with heat.

The problem, therefore, is most likely the heat. I can't think of anything else that it could be.

I'd sell you some DocBud's Beelzebud Wicked Bloom Booster but I haven't invented it yet.

to be honest i think its both of those factors working into each other. I know for a fact that Hempy blooms great, but has anyone seen a Hempy grow in 95F*+ temps? i havent, and i think that its allowing the top of the roots to get too hot since their no in water, i also believe that watering in one spot in this temps is not a good idea. it seems the roots need some kind of cooling when dealing with temps like this. now i know these things worked great for other but i also question if they were facing the same temps as me? maybe it changes things with 95-100F temps. it makes sense to me how watering all around the pot can be a better choice when facing heat like this. keep the roots a little cooler i would think.

Ive grown for years in hotter temps with soil and have no problems, i have also grown this strain in high temps with no trouble, so my guess is its the Hempy in high temps. once i find one grow growing in these temps with hempy and if has no effects ill change my mind. its hard to say because i haven't seen a grow yet with hempy in these types of temps. maybe its the mostly perlite thats making trouble with the heat?

all i know is next grow i am going with CoCo and Hydroton, if i am not happy with that then i will be back to my SS#4 mix.

Another question what about hempy with some hydroton on the bottom and top? I have read some people put it on the bottom but I ask the top as when you strain your perlite in order to prevent algae from developing would adding some hydroton on top help with that issue?

Another question what about hempy with some hydroton on the bottom and top? I have read some people put it on the bottom but I ask the top as when you strain your perlite in order to prevent algae from developing would adding some hydroton on top help with that issue?

Great question, Myzz.

IMO, having a layer of hydroton on top is a good thing for several reasons.

It prevents algae, but algae on the top of a hempy bucket just looks nasty, it doesn't really cause other problems. If you don't like how it looks, you can stir it around gently with your finger and expose a nice white surface.

The layer of hydroton on top also allows the plant to grow roots up through all of the perlite in the bucket, so you get more root mass, and it also helps slow down evaporation, so you don't have to water as often.

I'm not sure about the benefits of having a layer on the bottom of the bucket. People do it and it works, but to what end?

There's a much better chance of a round pebble clogging your drain hole than perlite. I don't know that it adds additional space for nutes, especially if using coarse grade perlite. It wicks much less than perlite, so it creates a boundary layer because the two media have different properties.

So, I can see the benefit of having it on top, but not on the bottom, though it's possible I'm missing something and I remain open to what others might say on it.

Great question, Myzz.

IMO, having a layer of hydroton on top is a good thing for several reasons.

It prevents algae, but algae on the top of a hempy bucket just looks nasty, it doesn't really cause other problems. If you don't like how it looks, you can stir it around gently with your finger and expose a nice white surface.

The layer of hydroton on top also allows the plant to grow roots up through all of the perlite in the bucket, so you get more root mass, and it also helps slow down evaporation, so you don't have to water as often.

I'm not sure about the benefits of having a layer on the bottom of the bucket. People do it and it works, but to what end?

There's a much better chance of a round pebble clogging your drain hole than perlite. I don't know that it adds additional space for nutes, especially if using coarse grade perlite. It wicks much less than perlite, so it creates a boundary layer because the two media have different properties.

So, I can see the benefit of having it on top, but not on the bottom, though it's possible I'm missing something and I remain open to what others might say on it.

if i can remember right the only reason why most use it on the bottom is for support from the roots growing into it to support bigger plants more. or if useing a medium like SS#4 so things dont get soggy.

my question would be if using a CoCo & Hydroton mix would it be better to have some hydroton on the bottom and no CoCo? would root rot be more of a chance if the CoCo stayed wet all the time from being on the bottom?

If you're using a medium like coco that retains water well, I think it might be a good idea to have a layer of something else like perlite or hydroton on the bottom to prevent sogginess.

I recently read of a grow in hempy using straight perlite on the bottom and 50/50 perlite/FFOF for the rest of the bucket. The grower said the results were excellent.

I guess added support would be another benefit, but I like DocBud's solution where he tapes some stakes around the bucket if that were necessary.

Stems looking nice and thick, good frame for nice budage. And you're probably the only person on earth with this particular gene set. SWEET:bong:!!!

b

I wish I had more seeds from this cross. I had two vials of NL/ww pollen in the fridge, and I grabbed the one that was well over a year old by mistake.

The pollen was much less viable than the stuff in the other vial, and even though I pollinated several lower buds, I only got like 8 viable seeds.

But, if I can add cloning to my game, that may not be as big an issue.

Never thought about being the only person with these genetics, but it is cool that this is a unique strain.

I can't wait to smoke some :grinjoint:

IMG_61921.JPG

IMG_61931.JPG

IMG_61941.JPG

IMG_62031.JPG

IMG_61991.JPG

IMG_62011.JPG

IMG_6197.JPG

Vicky's packin' it on. Never seen buds swell this fast, and this is still early in bloom.

Shrub is feeding more and showing baby buds. I don't think Shrub will match Vicky's yield, as she was vegged one week less and has not shown the same vigor, but she could turn out pretty decent, who knows. I'm just glad to have two females.

Growing one plant under 300w just doesn't seem right, and these two should fill the tent in nicely.

The change in Vicky's bud growth from yesterday to today is really remarkable. I could get used to this real easy ;).

At this juncture, I'm very happy with the performance of the GLH Spectra 300, the OC+, and passive hydro.

hmmmmmmmmm, maybe I should call Vicky's bubble-pot, "passive-aggressive hydro" ;)

:thanks: peeps!

IMG_61921.JPG

IMG_61931.JPG

IMG_61941.JPG

IMG_62031.JPG

IMG_61991.JPG

IMG_62011.JPG

IMG_6197.JPG

Vicky's packin' it on. Never seen buds swell this fast, and this is still early in bloom.

Shrub is feeding more and showing baby buds. I don't think Shrub will match Vicky's yield, as she was vegged one week less and has not shown the same vigor, but she could turn out pretty decent, who knows. I'm just glad to have two females.

Growing one plant under 300w just doesn't seem right, and these two should fill the tent in nicely.

The change in Vicky's bud growth from yesterday to today is really remarkable. I could get used to this real easy ;).

At this juncture, I'm very happy with the performance of the GLH Spectra 300, the OC+, and passive hydro.

hmmmmmmmmm, maybe I should call Vicky's bubble-pot, "passive-aggressive hydro" ;)

:thanks: peeps!

What can i say bro? they look great. looks like things are gonna turn out great for you if you already have buds that size the early. seems like that led light is treating you good. its nice too see the crowed using these lights are having good flowering results this early. make me more and more excited to do more grows with these lights, because i know i just barley scratched the surface on what these leds could do with my last grow. i know these lights have all more potential then what i pulled from my last crop. now i just need my monsters to kick into supper flower mode. i know they will pull some killer weight by their size and healthiness.

whats amazing is how ur plants are looking for just using some cheap OC+. its crazy. your not adding anything els right?

i truly love these leds bro, after all my time testing different one and lost all hope i found these lights and am very happy that some leds can actually grow nice plants. made props to Mike for giving us some kick ass lights to try out.

and made props to you SS. your gonna be very very successful with ur future grows and change how allot of people grow because your always trying new things and testing out new methods of growing, u just keep pushing that envelope and showing us new ways of doing things.

and Doc your the man for showing others about OC+:bravo:

my hats off to all of you guys trying new things

Thank you for your kind words, Irish.

Doing these grows is a lot of work but also a lot of fun for me.

It's almost like the harvest is just a bonus on top of everything else.

almost ;)

Just using OC+ on these plants, but Doc worked out a dosage of 2 Tbsp per gallon of pot size from an application chart, and I had only used about 1 Tbsp per gallon initially, so I think twice during the grow now I've added another Tbsp.

I believe I'm currently at a total of 4 Tbsp in each pot, and I'll continue to add more if I see any deficiencies, but thus far all I've had is a really mild mag deficiency in just two of Vickiy's lower fan leaves, and that's already looking like it's resolving with the extra OC+ I added.

I'm really liking how fast things happen in hydro. It works both ways.

I am digging how simple this setup is. Have a few questions but cant think str8 right now. :smokin:

I've had the light down to 9-10" now for a few days and I don't see any stress.

I continue to be amazed at how much more tolerant to light stress the plants become in bloom, almost as if flipping their light schedule flips another switch that lets them handle much more light.

I would concur with the height. Most of my tops are 9-10" away from the light with no issues at all. One of my XJ-13 buds has taken off an now resides about 5-6" from the light. I haven't seen any bleaching so far. The plants seem to do ok with the light fairly close. :grinjoint:

SS your plants are looking amazing! The look like they could be on the cover of a magazine.

I missed this OC+ thing...can somebody help me out? WHat is this all about?

Thanks! Sorry for not paying better attention, and I did look, I can't find it...

Also, if somebody can help me with some hempy links that would rock too.

Didn't mean to jack your thread SS. Sorry. Just trying to keep up with everything...

-Go

Back
Top Bottom