300W LED vs. 400W HID Demonstration

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro 300w LED vs. 400w HID

The flapped openings at the bottom of my tents have a very fine screen which seems to be enough to keep the nasties out.

They sell HEPA filters for intakes, but they're not cheap. You can use a layer or two of pantyhose over your intake for an inexpensive solution.

i was thinking that also with the panty hose. Might see if there is a filter I mount sensibly

i use these works great stops mites and everything. i get them at lowes for around $4.00, they filter so much nasty stuff out u will be shocked what would be going into ur grow room. Shop Energy Aire 3-Pack 24" x 30" x 1" Pleated Air Filters at Lowes.com

hey SS are you still using the same 4" fan? it seems though the air is moving ur plants allot more now, but i am not sure if its just because their bigger now and have grown over the fan and thats why? if so then that little fan moves some air.

i just got my four 4" fans in today, haven't opened them yet.

i love the video updates, maybe some time ill get enough balls to do a video update on youtube and show my buds.

Thats a big hole to cut in the wall LOL. Thank you again I'll check them out

wonder if I could cut it down to like 6x6

lol. na bro i cut little square's off of the sheet. my intake hole is 5" i just cut a 6" square and threw it away when its dirty and then put another little square on off of the sheet i cut. all the sizes of the sheet are the same price so i get the biggest one

Thats what I thought LOL

Gotta figure out some way of attaching it to the wall. Maybe tape it over the opening with the blue drywall tape.

hey SS are you still using the same 4" fan? it seems though the air is moving ur plants allot more now, but i am not sure if its just because their bigger now and have grown over the fan and thats why? if so then that little fan moves some air.

i just got my four 4" fans in today, haven't opened them yet.

I have different sized fans that I use as the plants get bigger and need more ventilation.

I'm now using a 9" 3-speed fan at the lowest speed, which gives me the right amount of flow at this stage of the grow. When it gets thicker in there, I may use the "medium" speed and/or add a couple of the 4" fans in also.

I have lots of fans, because I don't use CO2, and good ventilation is essential to good results.

Moving your circulation fan to different locations, and pointing it in different directions, can have a profound effect on the efficiency of your ventilation, and also your temps.

I can drop my temps a couple of degrees by putting a couple of those 4" fans directly in front of the intake vents at the bottom of the tents. It creates an active intake effect.

Right now, the 9" fan on low speed is gettin' it ;)

i love the video updates, maybe some time ill get enough balls to do a video update on youtube and show my buds.

thanks! I'm glad you like the videos.

I like to see videos of stuff because they add a dimension that you can't get with just pics.

I have different sized fans that I use as the plants get bigger and need more ventilation.

I'm now using a 9" 3-speed fan at the lowest speed, which gives me the right amount of flow at this stage of the grow. When it gets thicker in there, I may use the "medium" speed and/or add a couple of the 4" fans in also.

I have lots of fans, because I don't use CO2, and good ventilation is essential to good results.

Moving your circulation fan to different locations, and pointing it in different directions, can have a profound effect on the efficiency of your ventilation, and also your temps.

I can drop my temps a couple of degrees by putting a couple of those 4" fans directly in front of the intake vents at the bottom of the tents. It creates an active intake effect.

Right now, the 9" fan on low speed is gettin' it ;)

thanks! I'm glad you like the videos.

I like to see videos of stuff because they add a dimension that you can't get with just pics.

sounds good to me. i hope the two 4" fans will be enough threw the whole grow in my tent with the 4 girls?

i love the videos ans is the best way to show the plants. i am just a chicken to post on you tube.lol

sounds good to me. i hope the two 4" fans will be enough threw the whole grow in my tent with the 4 girls?

i love the videos ans is the best way to show the plants. i am just a chicken to post on you tube.lol

i would not post anything on you tube about growing, goes along with what someone was saying before about sharing to much

Probably not. You can extend their service as the plants get bigger by attaching them to coffee cans with zip ties. Add a weight at the bottom of the can to add stability, and bob's yer uncle.

You grow some big-ass plants though, so that's prolly not gonna cut it through the whole grow.

The 9"ers take up more real estate, but you need less of them. IMO, if you don't run CO2, you need to optimize your ventilation as much as possible, so it's good to have both sizes. In veg, the small ones work fine, but in bloom, you need more flow, and the plants can handle it without stressing by then.

I'm a legal grower, growing within my medical recommendation's guidelines, so I'm not doing anything illegal.

From the general standpoint of keeping my grows on the down-low, the videos don't really reveal any more personal info than pics do, so I'm not concerned about that.

The videos are uploaded as "unlisted", so they're not public on youtube. You have to have the link to view them.

Probably not. You can extend their service as the plants get bigger by attaching them to coffee cans with zip ties. Add a weight at the bottom of the can to add stability, and bob's yer uncle.

You grow some big-ass plants though, so that's prolly not gonna cut it through the whole grow.

The 9"ers take up more real estate, but you need less of them. IMO, if you don't run CO2, you need to optimize your ventilation as much as possible, so it's good to have both sizes. In veg, the small ones work fine, but in bloom, you need more flow, and the plants can handle it without stressing by then.

I'm a legal grower, growing within my medical recommendation's guidelines, so I'm not doing anything illegal.

From the general standpoint of keeping my grows on the down-low, the videos don't really reveal any more personal info than pics do, so I'm not concerned about that.

The videos are uploaded as "unlisted", so they're not public on youtube. You have to have the link to view them.

no more big plants for me.lol.

i am aiming for under 2' this next grow. i was hoping the 4 fans i bought would be strong enough to use only 2 of them per tent and not have to buy more. ill have to check them out tomorrow and see how strong they are? oh well if i need to get a bigger one ill have to do that.

thats cool about the video only being able to be seen threw a link. i just never wanted to have it all over youtube, i mean i am 100% legal also but the less attion the better in my book, but its not so bad if u can only view it threw a link.

2 weeks flowering:

IMG_7304.JPG

the HID plants:

IMG_73291.JPG

IMG_7331.JPG

IMG_7323.JPG

IMG_7330.JPG

IMG_7327.JPG

IMG_7328.JPG

IMG_7333.JPG

the LED plants:

IMG_7312.JPG

IMG_7309.JPG

IMG_7314.JPG

IMG_7315.JPG

IMG_7320.JPG

IMG_7321.JPG

IMG_7322.JPG

Both groups doing well. It's been raining and the humidity in the garage has been 65-70% for the past few days. Not good flowering weather, but I'm just glad I don't have any mold issues. The garage is like a steam bath. I don't think it's ever been this humid in there before, but the ladies are doing OK with the larger 9" circulation fans going.

I'm using a 12" Vornado fan to exhaust the humid air from the garage, so that's helping some, but the RH is still in the 60's.

More rain coming this weekend apparently, but so far, so good.

I'm going to LST the main cola on the HID plants some more in order to keep the HID canopy even. If this was a regular grow, I would have done it already, but I wanted to see what the difference in stretch would be before I intervened.

It needs to be done before the stems get too woody, so I may do them tonight. It will help maximize the yield on the HID side, as the primary top has done most of the stretching, and making things even again will improve light intensity and penetration and stimulate more secondary growth.

Before I LST the HID plants, I'm going to do a side-by-side comparison, probably both pics and video, with the largest plant from each tent so we can contrast the differences between the two groups before the additional HID bondage.

:thanks:

:thumb:

Both sides are looking pretty even so far. They are looking beautiful. It's amazing how forgiving they can be. Just a few weeks ago you were contemplating starting over. Just another amazing trait to add to their resume. And yours of course for promoting the great recovery. :thumb:

no more big plants for me.lol.

i am aiming for under 2' this next grow. i was hoping the 4 fans i bought would be strong enough to use only 2 of them per tent and not have to buy more. ill have to check them out tomorrow and see how strong they are? oh well if i need to get a bigger one ill have to do that

If you keep the plants short, then the coffee can mod will work very well and you may not need anything else, especially if you position the fans and plants so the fan has a somewhat clear shot directly up to the light. The 4" fans work more efficiently up on coffee cans too because they're sorta choked sitting on the floor.

When I get it right, I can hold my hand between the canopy and the light, and feel a breeze of cooler air coming up.

This fan setup is probably going to increase your watering frequency to some degree because of increased transpiration, but that's a good reason to have to water a bit more often.

If you keep the plants short, then the coffee can mod will work very well and you may not need anything else, especially if you position the fans and plants so the fan has a somewhat clear shot directly up to the light. The 4" fans work more efficiently up on coffee cans too because they're sorta choked sitting on the floor.

When I get it right, I can hold my hand between the canopy and the light, and feel a breeze of cooler air coming up.

This fan setup is probably going to increase your watering frequency to some degree because of increased transpiration, but that's a good reason to have to water a bit more often.

ya i got scamed on ebay they only sent me one 4" fan. i am getting my money back and the 1 fan for free.

i am thinking of hooking up a wall mount fan to a piece of wood and put it in the middle on the tent facing up might work good because it oscillates?

An oscillating fan pointing up may work pretty well, but I think it's important to have one non-oscillating fan directly under the light(s), with a fairly clear path for the airflow to blow the radiated heat away from the canopy.

Same as a vertical bare bulb setup.

An oscillating fan pointing up may work pretty well, but I think it's important to have one non-oscillating fan directly under the light(s), with a fairly clear path for the airflow to blow the radiated heat away from the canopy.

Same as a vertical bare bulb setup.

i was thinking the same, if you have any links to a 9" or bigger fan like your for cheap please PM it to me. i need a fan ASAP light should be on their way any day.

i need a fan ASAP
This time of year is tough for fans unless recycling appeals, but a box store supplied mine and many I see in these journals: Honeywell. Reliable and quiet enough on low. I have two, and want more.
See you at Walmarts :)

Back
Top Bottom