300W LED vs. 400W HID Demonstration

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro 300w LED vs. 400w HID

^^ Ok, now you're just showing off... ;)

Nah, that last one was purely 'Alimentary, My Dear Watson'. :)

Ahhh, we have fun here, don't we? ;)

I knew I was wrong when I said in my last update that "the LED plants are giving me less trouble."

What I should have said was, "the LED plants are making me look good", lol

Your theory resonates and makes sense to me. The LED plants are merely masking the problem better.

Perhaps...either that, or now we're both nutz. ;)

(I'm a cashew myself)

thank you, there will be more videos because there's things you just can't get across well with static images.

thank you, my friend ;)

That's what I told her, anyway--! :)

(objects in photos are larger than they appear)

Cheers mate. :smokin:

Dear Mr. Setting Sun:
Thank you for posting the video comparison and the still photos. It is most excellent.
I just voted for Prop 19 today. While not perfect, I think it will be the first domino in a long line of states that will legalize, tax and regulate cannabis. Eventually, I predict the federal government will reclassify cannabis other than a schedule 1 drug with the blessing of the AMA. One day soon, adults in the U.S. will be able to enjoy God's gift to humanity, responsibly, with impunity.

I just started a new grow. I'm going with aerated dwc (aka bubbles) and hempy buckets to see which is more practical. I've never tried hempy. Can you explain how to use the Osmocote fert with the hempy buckets?

thanks a million,

I gotta read Lurkers post when I'm more sober...lol

Are you kidding me.....:bong:

DUNCE_CELSS.png

"what are you running?"

"currently running a water-cooled setup"

"you mean like a fresca-sol?"

"yeah, something like that"

Looking good SS. Did you have the same problem with the hempy buckets and perlite on the last grow with your tap water? I can't recall any conversations on that topic.

No, I didn't have any problems on my last grow using tap water with my perlite/turface hempy buckets and OC+.

IMG_7260.JPG

That's a PPP mother plant that's been in a perlite/turface hempy bucket for several months. I can't remember whether I used OC+ or Dynamite with this plant, but she's been watered exclusively with tap water PH'ed to 6.0.

No other supplements or nutes, just PH'ed tap water and the CRF, and she's never had any deficiencies or lockouts, so I'm pretty sure it's just how coco interacts with my tap water.

thanks molotov!

p.s. if you want a bonsai mom, don't use a hempy bucket ;)

Dear Mr. Setting Sun:
Thank you for posting the video comparison and the still photos. It is most excellent.

thank you HN, glad to see you ;).

I just voted for Prop 19 today. While not perfect, I think it will be the first domino in a long line of states that will legalize, tax and regulate cannabis. Eventually, I predict the federal government will reclassify cannabis other than a schedule 1 drug with the blessing of the AMA. One day soon, adults in the U.S. will be able to enjoy God's gift to humanity, responsibly, with impunity.

No, Prop 19 isn't perfect, but it's a step forward in the direction of reason and sanity.

:bravo: for voting!

I just started a new grow. I'm going with aerated dwc (aka bubbles) and hempy buckets to see which is more practical. I've never tried hempy. Can you explain how to use the Osmocote fert with the hempy buckets?

thanks a million,

Hope your comparison grow narrows down your preferences.

Mix the prills into the media at 1.5 Tbsp per gallon before filling your buckets. Then PH your water to 6.0 or thereabouts.

take care HN ;)

No such thing as a touchy subject, just touchy people.:riskybusiness:

In my capacity as 'The Minister of Genetic Information' I am a regular recipient of either gifts of seeds or clones to the Ministry, or donations [rescues] to the orphanage. This particular plant is Blue Odyssey [BD X Odyssey], one of the results of impulse buying by a collective member, who knows that I'm partial to Blue Dream. These clones were from Coffeeshop Blue Sky in Oaktown. This clone was put into my mothership as I always snip a few clones and spike them in the floratorium to do a smoke check in order to see who stays and who goes. My mothers are under 16/8 and this clone flipped under that regimen. So I put her into the flower room and this is what she looked like four weeks into 12/12.

Angelina purpurea was my eyeball pick from ~200+ seeds of the mixed bag I keep for fun. Her cross with the Jamaican is being test spiked, and it's sticky as all hell.

We are growing a plant [seeds from a donation] with pistils that are purple basally and cream on top, kinda like a bad spiky punk doo.

I have always been partial to the Russian and Mexican blue strains, I started breeding with Afghan purple hashplant strains, and had access to central kali purples as a Ute.

I don't necessarily have a predilection for the color, but it seems to have one for me. I grow what I think will be effective meds for me and mine. I then hybridize or backcross or whatever, to arrive at plants that are suitable for the environment that they will be grown in. For example, I live right on the ocean and my two grow facilities are both within 3 miles of the water. This is a subtropical environment, alpine hashplants need not apply. In this environment I breed alpine hashplants from the hindu kush with tropicals with the desired bud structure. I live at the same latitude as the HK so the day length thing isn't too messed up by the tropical sativas, and the hybrid is much more resistant than an alpine plant that has no need for mite or mold resistance. Pick the most mite and mold resistant females, breed as necessary to get what else you need, and you end up with purple plants.

So, yes, I do believe that there is some sort of loose correlation between purples and potency, there may be weak ones out there but they don't run in my circles.

As far as psychoactivety goes, I'm psycho and hyperactive, so I'm probably not the best one to ask on that, the aesthetics are nice but not necessary, I like reds and golds just as much.

The Blue Odyssey must like the 400 W retrofit:hookah:

Olde Skool, through the dissection scope handheld Nikon
scopedope.jpg

PurpleKushies [last of the trimming
LaBudTimez.jpg

b:hookah:

Hello. I see that you have grown Blue Odyssey. I am running that strain right now about 6 weeks in. What did you think about the finished product? Any advice on her? I cant find any info anywhere!
:tokin:

Thank you for the info bmarduk! How long did you let here go? And how was the yeild? Mine are at 5 weeks, and s lot of the hairs are already turning.

Its warmer on the underside of the HID?....hummmm, seems it would be warmer closer to the light...why is this?

The vids a great, thanks for your time...

Its warmer on the underside of the HID?....hummmm, seems it would be warmer closer to the light...why is this?

The vids a great, thanks for your time...

Not sure why the bottom surface of the leaves is reading higher temps, especially since most of the transpiration takes place on the bottom surface.

Maybe it throws the reading off to shoot from below the leaf up at the light, since the leaves are somewhat transparent, but I'm not sure. I haven't been able to dig anything up yet.

thank you NCDude!

What if anything do you have over the air intake for the tents ? I'm trying to figure out a cheap filter system for my room for the air that is drawn in. Cutting a hole in the wall but cant decide what I want to use as a filter

The flapped openings at the bottom of my tents have a very fine screen which seems to be enough to keep the nasties out.

They sell HEPA filters for intakes, but they're not cheap. You can use a layer or two of pantyhose over your intake for an inexpensive solution.

Back
Top Bottom