420 Girl Scout Cookie

Vegetative Stage
Average PAR: 391 μmols/M²/sec @ 18/6
Veg+Bloom @ EC 1.25
PH: 5.4
Humidity: 65%
Temperature: 82

Leaf Temperature: 79/80

Increased light output to 391 μmols. Added 1 ml bacteria, 2g soluble potash.
EC to 1.25

GGL00003.JPG

GGL00001.JPG
GGL00002.JPG
GGL00004.JPG

How is it going @RETRIX

I am just finishing up growing a GSC in DWC. She gets big even for a 4x4 tent.
As was mentioned before, I keep my water level about an inch below the net basket.
Just a thought.

If you ever want to talk about DWC, just tag me.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thank you Tokin!

Vegetative Stage
Average PAR: 120 μmols/M²/sec @ 18/6
Humidity: 65%
Temperature: 75

Leaf Temperature: 73

The third time is not the charm. In fact this is borderline insanity at this point. First, just have a look at how quickly things go downhill:

GGL0000001 (2).JPG
GGL000002 (1).JPG
GGL00003.JPG
GGL00004.JPG
GGL00005.JPG
GGL00006.JPG

These photos were taken 1 day apart. In just 24 hours we have brown roots, yellow leaves and a drooping plant.
At this point I will concede that I am unable to successfully grow DWC, at least during summer.

So with that, I gently teased the plant out of the net pot and placed her in soil.​

GGL00001.JPG
GGL00002.JPG

I am now converting this grow to organic soil.

Lowered PAR to 120 μmols.

Now I will wait for the plant to go through this transition, grow new roots, and will eventually be placed in a 5 gallon pot.

And yes Shed, I will probably add straw to the top of it.

;)

Dont know much about dwc, but I do know it can be a pain to keep the rez cool enough. Seen this one dude have a whole radiator setup with a fan out side the tent to keep the water cool.
I know right? I feel like my tent is not big enough for all of this equipment. I mean by the time I put a chiller AND humidifier in the tent there won't be any room left for the plants. So I will just run hydro in the winter and soil in the summer.

Vegetative Stage
Humidity: 62%
Temperature: 76

Leaf Temperature: 74

I think I might be in trouble. You see I'm going out of town on 9/26 so this plant needs to be finished by then. When it was in DWC I had enough time for it to grow and then be flipped by 7/9, which would allow enough time for flowering and drying. But as you can see here, the plant is doing a whole lot of nothing and will probably remain so for the next week at least.

GGL00001.JPG
GGL00002.JPG

So at this point I'm going to just hope that it recovers by 7/9. The 5 gallon pot is out. I will transplant it into a 3 gallon and see how it goes.

Vegetative Stage
Humidity: 68%
Temperature: 78

Transplanted to 3 Gallon fabric pot. Added soil mix with organic 4/4/4 amendment. Treated with mycorrhizae.
Watered in with SUPERthrive @ 1/4 tsp per gallon.

GGL00001.JPG
GGL00002.JPG
GGL00003.JPG

Vegetative Stage
Average PAR: 273 μmols/M²/sec @ 18/6
DLI: Not Recorded
Humidity: 61%
Temperature: 78

I was reading that when transplant shock is observed, we should not fertilize the plant because we want to encourage root development instead of vegetative growth. However in my case, I cannot go back and amend the soil afterwords so I decided to give this plant it's only top at the third node instead. Since it is already slowed down, I figured I might as well get it out of the way. So now is just a waiting game until the ninth. I grew this strain last winter in hydro and it exploded in flower and almost got too big. I'm sure that won't be the case in soil but it should still be enough. My focus this run is actually to test the lights before my next real run this fall. So with that, I increased the light output to 273 μmols. I would like to get this thing up to 800 by the time I flip.

GGL00001.JPG
GGL00002.JPG

I took these photos about 4 min before lights out. It's interesting how the plant starts to droop right before, like it knows when the lights are going out.​

How is it going @RETRIX

Your lady looks happy and healthy.
She is far enough in veg, that if you want to increase the par range you can.

How much are you feeding her now?

Just a thought,

Grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thank you Tokin. She has been amended with Pennington's Rejuvenate 4/4/4 Organics, One dose of Superthrive (which worked amazing) Build-A-Soil's trace mineral pack, mycorrhizae at the root zone, and of course 2 inches of straw because it's like racing stripes, it makes' em grow faster LOL. So I can just relax and give her water now which is great.
I need to take it easy with ramping the lights up because she is still developing her roots for soil. I am ramping them up about 10 percent every few days. She is getting flipped on 7/9 no matter what because I need to hit a harvest window. But this one should be fun. I have to admit that I have missed organic growing. I mean just look at how green and beautiful she looks now!

Flower Stage
Average PAR: 629 μmols/M²/sec @ 18/6
DLI: 27.2 (Good)
Humidity: 49.3%
Temperature: 83.6F

The plant has shown signs of growth so I have now flipped to 12/12. I am going to top dress the soil with Pennington and Maxicrop Soluble Seaweed Powder.

GGL00003.JPG
GGL00004.JPG
GGL00008.JPG

GGL00001.JPG
GGL00002.JPG

I got tired of trying to control all of my fans manually so I decided to install the AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro WIFI. I am currently using a wireless fan control for my exhaust, so first, I need to remove the receiver, install a UIS extension cable and run UIS cables for both fans.

GGL00005.JPG
GGL00007.JPG
GGL00011.JPG
GGL00017.JPG

Next, I plugged the UIS cables into the controller and installed the Temp/Humidity sensor cable.

GGL00009.JPG
GGL00012.JPG
GGL00013.JPG
GGL00014.JPG

This is probably overkill but it has features that I am sure I will end up using eventually. As far as the plant goes, I have increased the PAR level to 629 μmols, which puts my humidity at 49.3%. I would like to get that number up closer to 60%. I have been told that it is easier to humidify the space that the tent is in rather than trying to humidify the tent in the space, so I started up my whole house humidifier as well as running a small one in the tent. So I guess we will see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom