420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: April 2024

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: April 2024

• Wastei - Strongest Hulk In Town! - Bruce Banner #3 Seed Grow

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Delps8 - Glookie (V2) - Delps8 Does NASC/Barney's Farm Glookies In DWC Again

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Jungle Joseph - 420 Magazine Comparative Grow With Seedsman Seeds And Jungle Joe

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Phytoplankton - More Phyto's Phun!

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Thirvnrob - Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Jon - Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine.

Nominate your favorite grow journal, by telling us why and how it outshines the rest.

Consider the following factors when suggesting nominations and voting:
  • Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should highlight/recommend products from our sponsors
Please send your nominations to @Renee Roberts via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST. At that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Prize Package:
Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Grow Journal of the Year" contest, held in January.

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be eligible for nominations and/or voting.

2. Members cannot nominate themselves.

3. Members may only win this title once per calendar year.

4. Staff members from this or any other cannabis platform, cannot participate in our contests.

5. This contest is open to single grow Journals in Progress, that have been updated within the last 30 days.

6. Perpetual journals are not eligible to be nominated in this contest. We appreciate the teaching, content and comradeship that a perpetual journal provides, however most of them are rich in off-topic conversations with years of subscribed followers. So when a post is made announcing a contest, there could be years worth of subscribers who are called to action. This does not make for a fair comparison with single grow journals created to highlight methods, sponsors & genetics, with only a few months of subscribers.

7. Campaigning for yourself or a friend, is considered cheating and will result in the entry being removed from the contest.

Campaigning includes:
  • Voting more than one time per person from multiple accounts.
  • Signature linking to the specific entry.
  • Emailing members offsite asking for their vote.
  • Sending members private messages asking for their vote.
  • Family and friends registering new accounts for voting purposes.
  • Mentioning the specific entry in any thread outside of the contest.
Second offenses will result in a lifetime ban from all future contests. General encouragement to vote in all the contests is fine, as long as it's not excessive or crossing the line into campaigning.

Contests Are Legitimate: Voting may be anonymous, but we have endless ways of catching cheaters and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be exposed in the public thread.

In the past, we removed offending entries without announcement, to minimize embarrassment for the member. The cheaters would then claim innocence, which turned everyone against us. This led to members questioning our motives and causing extra work for our team. To avoid confusion moving forward, we now alert the community of these things when they happen.

If anyone has any questions or problems with any of the entries in a contest, please speak up in the contest thread before the end of the contest, or forever hold your peace. Once a winner is announced, that will be the end of discussion. There will be no take backs, unless we made a clerical error.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:
January: @Absorber - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow By Absorber
February: @Regrowth - A Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow Ft. GG#4, Cement Shoes, Blue Dream, Purple Punch
March: @Stunger - Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
April Grow Journal Nominees

@Wastei - Strongest Hulk In Town! - Bruce Banner #3 Seed Grow

I’d like to nominate Wastei’s latest journal: Strongest Hulk In Town! - Bruce Banner #3 Seed Grow

He’s growing a personal favorite strain that I promise isn’t a easy grow - Bruce Banner can be crazy temperamental and shape up oddly asymmetrical but the man has skills. He’s running a really technical grow, from nute decisions, light levels and just wow, the best home build irrigation system I’ve ever seen built on the knowledge he’s picked up over decades of growing. He’s hyper skilled, the journal is detailed with measurements and “How to’s” and genuinely an exceptionally good read, full of real numbers and outcomes.

Many people here write in second languages and many flavors make up up any packet of Jelly Bellys, what makes us different makes us stronger. One of the most warm hearted members of the site, writing with technical flair and opinions on this here 420magazine.com site? - its worth a read what ever your grow style!

There's been a set back, moving house, clones being taken, the irrigation is in and is exceptional. Give it a read and skim the bits you don't understand, I do, but then I circle back and try to understand and learn.

@Delps8 - Glookie (V2) - Delps8 Does NASC/Barney's Farm Glookies In DWC Again

I am putting it out there again this month for @Delps8 and his Glookie (V2) - Delps8 Does NASC/Barney's Farm Glookies In DWC Again

This journal is full of good data, and although I am a newbie around here it seems like there has been an explosion of DLI, VPD PPFD ETC and PPM talk recently. I like how he organizes it and just puts all of his raw data out there.

I completely realize that this style of growing reallly works some people and they call us number chasers. But for those of us that don’t have 20+ grows under our belts the numbers are a great average to achieve if anything and Delps8 is full of links and data.

@Jungle Joseph - 420 Magazine Comparative Grow With Seedsman Seeds And Jungle Joe

My Aprils JotM nod goes to my favourite fool Jungle Joseph and his 420 Magazine Comparative Grow With Seedsman Seeds And Jungle Joe. For those of you who are unaware, Joe lost everything in a flood last year, or the year before, I forget. And a few members in the forum paid it forward by donating their prizes to get Joe up and growing again - big shout out to @Randar. From there Joe has fought back, he has not only rebuilt his personal life, but his grows have gone from strength to strength.

This is his latest journal, and it’s a great read so far. Best news, it’s early days so you can join in on cheering for this absolute 420 legend. He showcases sponsors beautifully, well I think he does lol.

Please consider Joe for JoTM. Particularly if you are a vegan, because if Joe is busy growing, he’s keeping his hands off the sheep. It’s not his fault. He’s a kiwi you see. Sheep Shagging is in their DNA.

#SaveTheSheep
#Vote1Joe

🐑🤍🐑🤍🐑🤍

@Phytoplankton - More Phyto's Phun!

I would like to nominate Phytoplankton for Grow Journal of the Month- April 2024.

Phytoplankton is actively involved on the forum from greeting new members, supporting sponsors, and his experience is shining brightly in his current grow.

He can often be found welcoming and helping new members by making them feel welcome. Encouraging others to ask questions when they are not sure about something, and helping them alone the way.

He frequently recommending different sponsors to new member and old for anything form lights, too their nutrients, or seed needs. He has not had an opportunity to do a sponsor’s journal yet, but when he does, he will bring out the best in the product.

Phytoplankton grow journal is something to be admirer. He shows everything he is doing and answers any and all questions or comments. His growing ability is undisputed with his ladies always looking happy and healthy.

Don't vote until you give his journal a look: More Phyto's Phun!

@Thirvnrob - Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

I would like to nominate Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow for grow journal of the month.

I really enjoy looking at their plants, there is always great detailed photography, lots and lots of information, and is active with members in and out of their own journals! You can see the amount of love these plants receive! So I would like to make sure Thirvnrob gets the appreciation they deserve, from an unexpected direction!

- always secretly admiring from afar -

@Jon - Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

I’d like to nominate Jon’s autos vs photos 5x5 grow journal again for GJOTM. This has been one of the most popular journals since he started it. Everyone is enjoying his competition with Nick Hardy in this journal. The concept is new and exciting. Autos vs Photos for volume. With so much detail to each room it’s very informative and enlightening. The pair of them have everyone anxiously waiting the outcome. Everyone please join me and give this journal the recognition it deserves.

Vote Jon for GJOTM - Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Everyone has a favorite journal! Submit your nominations before it's too late! Lots of new journals going around!

:volcano-smiley::slide::morenutes:

200w (11).gif

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
April Grow Journal Nominees

@Wastei - Strongest Hulk In Town! - Bruce Banner #3 Seed Grow

I’d like to nominate Wastei’s latest journal: Strongest Hulk In Town! - Bruce Banner #3 Seed Grow

He’s growing a personal favorite strain that I promise isn’t a easy grow - Bruce Banner can be crazy temperamental and shape up oddly asymmetrical but the man has skills. He’s running a really technical grow, from nute decisions, light levels and just wow, the best home build irrigation system I’ve ever seen built on the knowledge he’s picked up over decades of growing. He’s hyper skilled, the journal is detailed with measurements and “How to’s” and genuinely an exceptionally good read, full of real numbers and outcomes.

Many people here write in second languages and many flavors make up up any packet of Jelly Bellys, what makes us different makes us stronger. One of the most warm hearted members of the site, writing with technical flair and opinions on this here 420magazine.com site? - its worth a read what ever your grow style!

There's been a set back, moving house, clones being taken, the irrigation is in and is exceptional. Give it a read and skim the bits you don't understand, I do, but then I circle back and try to understand and learn.

@Delps8 - Glookie (V2) - Delps8 Does NASC/Barney's Farm Glookies In DWC Again

I am putting it out there again this month for @Delps8 and his Glookie (V2) - Delps8 Does NASC/Barney's Farm Glookies In DWC Again

This journal is full of good data, and although I am a newbie around here it seems like there has been an explosion of DLI, VPD PPFD ETC and PPM talk recently. I like how he organizes it and just puts all of his raw data out there.

I completely realize that this style of growing reallly works some people and they call us number chasers. But for those of us that don’t have 20+ grows under our belts the numbers are a great average to achieve if anything and Delps8 is full of links and data.

@Jungle Joseph - 420 Magazine Comparative Grow With Seedsman Seeds And Jungle Joe

My Aprils JotM nod goes to my favourite fool Jungle Joseph and his 420 Magazine Comparative Grow With Seedsman Seeds And Jungle Joe. For those of you who are unaware, Joe lost everything in a flood last year, or the year before, I forget. And a few members in the forum paid it forward by donating their prizes to get Joe up and growing again - big shout out to @Randar. From there Joe has fought back, he has not only rebuilt his personal life, but his grows have gone from strength to strength.

This is his latest journal, and it’s a great read so far. Best news, it’s early days so you can join in on cheering for this absolute 420 legend. He showcases sponsors beautifully, well I think he does lol.

Please consider Joe for JoTM. Particularly if you are a vegan, because if Joe is busy growing, he’s keeping his hands off the sheep. It’s not his fault. He’s a kiwi you see. Sheep Shagging is in their DNA.

#SaveTheSheep
#Vote1Joe

🐑🤍🐑🤍🐑🤍

@Phytoplankton - More Phyto's Phun!

I would like to nominate Phytoplankton for Grow Journal of the Month- April 2024.

Phytoplankton is actively involved on the forum from greeting new members, supporting sponsors, and his experience is shining brightly in his current grow.

He can often be found welcoming and helping new members by making them feel welcome. Encouraging others to ask questions when they are not sure about something, and helping them alone the way.

He frequently recommending different sponsors to new member and old for anything form lights, too their nutrients, or seed needs. He has not had an opportunity to do a sponsor’s journal yet, but when he does, he will bring out the best in the product.

Phytoplankton grow journal is something to be admirer. He shows everything he is doing and answers any and all questions or comments. His growing ability is undisputed with his ladies always looking happy and healthy.

Don't vote until you give his journal a look: More Phyto's Phun!

@Thirvnrob - Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

I would like to nominate Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow for grow journal of the month.

I really enjoy looking at their plants, there is always great detailed photography, lots and lots of information, and is active with members in and out of their own journals! You can see the amount of love these plants receive! So I would like to make sure Thirvnrob gets the appreciation they deserve, from an unexpected direction!

- always secretly admiring from afar -

@Jon - Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

I’d like to nominate Jon’s autos vs photos 5x5 grow journal again for GJOTM. This has been one of the most popular journals since he started it. Everyone is enjoying his competition with Nick Hardy in this journal. The concept is new and exciting. Autos vs Photos for volume. With so much detail to each room it’s very informative and enlightening. The pair of them have everyone anxiously waiting the outcome. Everyone please join me and give this journal the recognition it deserves.

Vote Jon for GJOTM - Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Just being nominated is a win for me. Being mentioned in the company of giants is extremely humbling.
Given the reference to sheep shagging, I assume Trala from Straya is behind the scenes...
😂 Thanks T.
I feel exactly the same way. What a surprise! Thanks to whoever for the nomination!

I just now saw that someone was kind enough to nominate me again - thanks so much. There is never a time when I don’t feel I already win just by being nominated.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom