420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Brett Blaze

Today's Data

Nutrient Solution input 1518 ppm. (1115 ppm nutrients) Ph 6.3

As mentioned in my update, my plants were needing a lot more water this morning.

Initial watering:
#1 1240 ml in, 105 ml out (8%) 1771 ppm
#2 1240 ml in, 70 ml out (6%) 2045 ppm (Much higher from not getting enough runoff or infrequent watering)

I added an additional 500 ml to each plant to flush out the extra salts. I could have gotten away with 250 ml each.

Additional watering:
#1 500 ml in, 400 ml out Total 1740 ml in 505 mml out (29%) 1720 ppm
#2 500 ml in, 400 ml out Total 1740 ml in 470 mml out (27%) 1750 ppm

Today's temperatures: High of 110° F (43° C) with Rh going to 5%. New forecast has temps as high as 123°F (51°C) next week.

Tent Climate: 77° F (25° C) with Rh at 57%

Tent Room Climate: 74° F (23°C) with Rh at 47%.

Outstanding looking plants!
A little tip burn is ok.....there feeding well.
Please include the brand of nutrients you are using in your updates.
39 different growers in this GSC Comparison grow.
:Namaste:

Daily Update

Stage - Veg Day 34 - 22 Days since topping - 48 days above ground

Happy Sunday

After the photos I did some normal trimming today with extra attention on the smaller branches that won't reach the canopy. Not all of the side branches will remain. The main branch on #2 that was accidently beheaded has very few side branches that will make it. The beheading slowed the branches down even though there are now two heads I will loose a few side branches. This is not a big issue since I have to cull some more smaller branches so the other have room to grow.

Today's Photos:

:peace: :passitleft:

Today's Data

Today I started two watering/feedings a day. The watering last night still produced too much runoff with only 500 ml input. My aim is to be between 10% and 20% leaning towards the 20% end.

The @Prescription Blend Nutrient Solution is still per the Veg instructions with Core A and B increased by 20%. I have been using the slightly higher solution for over a week and the plants seem to be handling it. There is very slight tip burning which is not a bad thing. Cal-Mag @ 4 ml per gal and Terpinator @ 7 ml per gal was also added.

Last Night: Solution input total 1525 ppm. (1115 ppm nutrients) Ph 6.3
#1 500 ml in, 145 ml out (29%) 1665 ppm output.
#2 500 ml in, 155 ml out (31%) 1700 ppm output

Morning: Solution input total 1536 ppm. (1126 ppm nutrients) Ph 6.4
#1 870 ml in, 120 ml out. (14%) 1774 ppm out
#2 850 ml in, 160 ml out. (19%) 1719 ppm out

Both plants had good numbers this morning. I am not surprised by the high runoff last night since I intentionally over saturated the pots earlier in the day.

Today's Outside temperatures: High of 112° F (44° C) with Rh going to 6%. New forecast has temp highs around 120°F (49°C) all next week. Time to stay in, drink bear and get stoned.
:rollit:
Tent Climate: 78° F (26° C) with Rh at 57%

Tent Room Climate: 77° F (25°C) with Rh at 49%.

All caught up again Brett! Great updates over the past week. They are so full and their foliage is magnificent! I need to get into my canopy on #1 some more and do some secondary topping I think. Plus I need to start the quadline on one of them. Haa haaa. Need to get that all figured out.

Today's Data

Today I started two watering/feedings a day. The watering last night still produced too much runoff with only 500 ml input. My aim is to be between 10% and 20% leaning towards the 20% end.

The @Prescription Blend Nutrient Solution is still per the Veg instructions with Core A and B increased by 20%. I have been using the slightly higher solution for over a week and the plants seem to be handling it. There is very slight tip burning which is not a bad thing. Cal-Mag @ 4 ml per gal and Terpinator @ 7 ml per gal was also added.

Last Night: Solution input total 1525 ppm. (1115 ppm nutrients) Ph 6.3
#1 500 ml in, 145 ml out (29%) 1665 ppm output.
#2 500 ml in, 155 ml out (31%) 1700 ppm output

Morning: Solution input total 1536 ppm. (1126 ppm nutrients) Ph 6.4
#1 870 ml in, 120 ml out. (14%) 1774 ppm out
#2 850 ml in, 160 ml out. (19%) 1719 ppm out

Both plants had good numbers this morning. I am not surprised by the high runoff last night since I intentionally over saturated the pots earlier in the day.

Today's Outside temperatures: High of 112° F (44° C) with Rh going to 6%. New forecast has temp highs around 120°F (49°C) all next week. Time to stay in, drink bear and get stoned.
:rollit:
Tent Climate: 78° F (26° C) with Rh at 57%

Tent Room Climate: 77° F (25°C) with Rh at 49%.
Life in the desert do what you gotta do early then stay in the AC

Daily Update

Stage - Veg Day 35 - 23 Days since topping - 49 days above ground

Another week of Veg is in the books. That makes 5 weeks so far which was my original goal. I would say I am still a few days out from flipping. Quadlining will slow down the growth by about 3 to 4 days overall extending the Veg period out a bit.

Most of the branches are at canopy level. Well they are now. I removed 8 branches from #2 and 2 branches from #1 that would not have made it to the top. I still have over 24 branches (future colas) on #2 and about the same on #1 which is more than I expected. I was shooting for 16 on each plant with a limit of 24 so there would be enough space for each cola. Because of the very tight nodal space, some branches had to be removed.

I am very happy with the growth of the GSC seeds from @Weed Seeds Express. With the combination of the Demon light by @Budget LED and the nutrients from @Prescription Blend the growth has been more than I anticipated. And to think I was originally going to have three plants in the tent.

Today's Photos:

Daily Update

Another week of Veg is in the books. That makes 5 weeks so far which was my original goal. I would say I am still a few days out from flipping. Quadlining will slow down the growth by about 3 to 4 days overall extending the Veg period out a bit.

Most of the branches are at canopy level. Well they are now. I removed 8 branches from #2 and 2 branches from #1 that would not have made it to the top. I still have over 24 branches (future colas) on #2 and about the same on #1 which is more than I expected. I was shooting for 16 on each plant with a limit of 24 so there would be enough space for each cola. Because of the very tight nodal space, some branches had to be removed.

I am very happy with the growth of the GSC seeds from @Weed Seeds Express. With the combination of the Demon light by @Budget LED and the nutrients from @Prescription Blend the growth has been more than I anticipated. And to think I was originally going to have three plants in the tent.

Your plants are about 10 days ahead of mine. I can't believe mine could look like yours in that time. They still seem really young.

Today's Data

I am trying to predict the right amount for each of the two times I watering/feed. Last night I estimated to high and got too much run off. This morning I estimated a little low. I'm getting close though.

Last Night: Solution input total 1500 ppm. (1080 ppm nutrients) Ph 6.3
#1 700 ml in, 195 ml out (28%) 1820 ppm output.
#2 700 ml in, 240 ml out (34%) 1687 ppm output.

Morning: Solution input total 1500 ppm. (1080 ppm nutrients) Ph 6.4
#1 850 ml in, 90 ml out. (11%) 1930 ppm out
#2 850 ml in, 120 ml out. (14%) 1721 ppm out

I debated adding a little more solution this morning but it would require making another batch. I have some 2.5 gallon containers coming today to make larger batches so I decided to hold off.

Today's Outside temperatures: High of 114° F (46° C) with Rh going to 6%. New forecast has temp highs around 120°F (49°C) all next week.

Tent Climate: 76° F (24° C) with Rh at 65%

Tent Room Climate: 74° F (23°C) with Rh at 47%.

Daily Update

Great job training! These are going to be some producers!

Are you watering them twice a day because it's so hot? Or, is this normal for you?
Coco is a form of Hydro and needs to be constantly "near" saturation. Coco has no nutrients of it's own and the plants depend solely on the water solution in the coco for nutrients. The same way as you wouldn't let a Hydro reservoir go dry you can't let a coco system go dry. As the plants get bigger and require more water I need to increase the frequency of the watering to avoid having the medium get too dry for any period of time. Since the coco can only hold so much water at one time it will dry out quicker as the plants get bigger. Plus runoff needs to be at 10% to 20% to flush out the unused salts "Nutrients". Improper runoff can lead to salt build up and will lock out new nutrients from reaching the roots. Frequent watering helps prevent this from happening.

I will be going to three times a day a few weeks into flower. I may set up an auto watering system.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom