4twenty4all's New Grow Room - Soil Drain-To-Waste - Multiple Strains 2011

Re: 4twenty4all’s New Grow Room - Soil Drain-To-Waste - Multiple Strains – 2011

I am pulling fresh outside air through the lights and exhausting back outside. So, if it is 95 degrees outside, I am pulling 95 degree heat through my lights. Essentially not cooling them at all. As long as the temps stay in low 80's I'll be happy, that A/C will be cursing me though ;-)

hey...don,t worry about the number of pics..the more the better...do u need to run ac in the winter...i just vent from outside

Thanks! I'm just setting it up so I'm not sure, but I can guess that the A/C will be going this winter. I was trying to keep a completely sealed environment, but may add a fresh air intake for cooling during winter. I have controllers and contactors so it's just a matter of getting it done. I hope to put some plants in there this week to start sexing some out. Then, I'll add the girl clones I have going.

My tables are 3.5 ft wide and I have they are about 3 feet apart, so they are close. I came up with 52.5 sq ft. I hope to have a completely full canopy with no dark spots :) I guess 4000w will do that. WOW! Thats 76w per sq ft. Did I do that math right?

That's why I asked.....I like a lot of light too, but you could go to all 600's and cut your heat load almost in half. The 600's have as many lumens as a 1000. I like to use a 1000 for a 4x4 table, yours are a little smaller.....Remember a watt is a watt (think heat) but it is the lumens that count. I would do the 1000 if you want to grow 5 foot tall plants, but 600's are fine for 3 footers.

OG13, I know I'm tearing it up with the wattage and went a little overboard ;-) I tested the lights all day yesterday and last night. I had the thermometer directly under the light at canopy level, about 10 - 12 inches under the light,with all 4 lights running the highest temp was 87. The room temp was 81 at highest.

When I ran 3 lights the highest canopy temp was 82 and the room stayed below 80. So, I may swap out the first light on the end and the middle light with 600w and leave the other 2 1000w lights. That'll be 3200w instead of 4000w. I guess I'll do that later this week.

you'll appreciate the power savings in the long run and the 600's will compensate the 1000's really nicely. 600w lights are the most efficient lumen to watt ratio

Dimmable ballasts.

That's what I run. I've got a choice of 400, 750, 1000 and Extra Lumens on 3 of them....the fourth gives me, 400,600, 1000 and Extra.

Please, please.....keep your big lights! Sucking 95 degree air through the ducts will still cool them off plenty good. If you're really wanting to eliminate heat, insulate your ducting and the hood.

You should always run the lights at night when possible.

Your temps with Co2 are perfect.....please don't screw yourself by getting lower powered lights.....please don't do this.

On the really hot days, I'd dial back my ballasts for a day or two.....if I want to save 20 bucks on electricity.

Me personally? I just run the damn lights at 1000 watts until mid flower when I crank 'em up to 11......

I know a lot of people who do this as a sole source of income, and they don't run 600's.....at least not in the bloom room. Maybe someone uses 600's in veg......but I don't know why you'd do that. A t5 is a much better choice.

But to each his own.

Even with 1000 watts, you're still not close to the sun.

you'll appreciate the power savings in the long run and the 600's will compensate the 1000's really nicely. 600w lights are the most efficient lumen to watt ratio

True! 600's are very efficient but side by side comparison with buds grown under 1000's is where you really notice it. The 1000's just produce much larger buds. What a dilemma....

Dimmable ballasts.

That's what I run. I've got a choice of 400, 750, 1000 and Extra Lumens on 3 of them....the fourth gives me, 400,600, 1000 and Extra.

Please, please.....keep your big lights! Sucking 95 degree air through the ducts will still cool them off plenty good. If you're really wanting to eliminate heat, insulate your ducting and the hood.

You should always run the lights at night when possible.

Your temps with Co2 are perfect.....please don't screw yourself by getting lower powered lights.....please don't do this.

On the really hot days, I'd dial back my ballasts for a day or two.....if I want to save 20 bucks on electricity.

Me personally? I just run the damn lights at 1000 watts until mid flower when I crank 'em up to 11......

I know a lot of people who do this as a sole source of income, and they don't run 600's.....at least not in the bloom room. Maybe someone uses 600's in veg......but I don't know why you'd do that. A t5 is a much better choice.

But to each his own.

Even with 1000 watts, you're still not close to the sun.

I'm just a freak about heat ;-) I'm sure it'll be fine. In a different room I had I've had temps in the mid 90's in the room, so I'm sure the temp directly under the lights was closer or just over 100 degrees, in the past and the plants didn't suffer all that much.

I was just trying like heck to be able to work during the day and with exchanging the 2 1000's for 600's I'd be able to do that. But, the yield won't be quite as good :-( I'm putting some plants in tonight and I'll see how they look after a few days with the current set up.

GREAT GROW & A GREAT GROW ROOM SET UP!!!! I would keep the bigger lights! I have the 1000w. WORKS SUPER!! also I love the bushes on the side of your house. I would recommend trimming just the leafs. That way your buds can get nutrients straight to them instead of the entire plant! My outdoor ones were so bushy, so I trimmed them up and well you have seen them, they are straight colas. So that way if you cut back the other leafs the right part that needs to grow will grow. Either way, them is some BEAUTIES!!!! :thumb: great job bro!!!

Thanks! I did thin out the leaves last week, about 20% or so. I usually do this when they have about 2 - 3 weeks left to finish so the buds can get more light. I need to thin these out just a bit more for the last couple of weeks. They are still bushy as hell :) And, thanks again.

yeah my temps sometimes get in the 80-90 range right under the lights and the plants don't mind too much

Finally! I decided to put the bigger veg plants, 5 temp moms, in the room today on 18-6 schedule. I got them transplanted in their containers and put the netting up. I didn't get a chance to weave any of them in yet or clean them up. I'll get to that tomorrow. I also have 3 fem seeds that are going to hang out in the room on the side once the others come in. I can't scrog them because it'll be hell trying to figure out what buds belong to what plant.....Forget that! Here's what I fed them today. I'll foliar tomorrow, I had an unexpected visitor tonight and we got caught up talking. They will really perk up the next day after their foliar.

Reservoir stats:
temp: 73.3
PH: 6.5
TDS: 1690ppm Cutting Edge:
Micro: 8ml/gal
Grow: 20ml/gal
Bloom: 5ml/gal

I have it set up so each strain will occupy one light's worth of canopy. I'll Probably put up a piece of black and white poly about 3" high just to separate each of the 4 strains.

I know these are a little big but I had no choice. I guess I could cut them back and then weave them as they grow back. What do you think you scroggers out there? These are going to be in here for about 3 weeks before I flip to 12/12. I know they will get huge but I plan to put the other plants in here a little small and veg for a week to 10 days just to fill in the spaces really. Next time will be scheduled much better and the plants will all be ready to go at the same time.

First plant in 10 gallon pot on left is Grape God, the plant to it's right in the 10 gallon pot is OG18. The three plants are going to be transplanted into 3 gallon containers, I'm not too concerned about the yield on these, they are just a bonus.
IMG_027813.JPG

The two to the left are Maui, they get big and I LOVE this strain. The one to the right is another favorite of mine. This is literally the best one I have ever tried, ever. I've had others from local Denver but none match mine, I promise. This is Banana Kush, not a huge producer but good but the smoke on this one is amazing. The smell and taste are undoubtedly green banana on the verge of ripening, it's ridiculous. The feeling is a mix of indica but not too heavy it's just right. The sativa comes out in about 15 minutes and you just get so comfy physically and dreamy in the head, I love it.
IMG_027914.JPG

Here is an undershot. I know it's not pretty....yet. But, I literally just got this thing hung and wanted to post a few pics ;-) I have some work ahead of me... Plus, I still need to put the rooted and now transplanted clones in here to fill these spaces :)
IMG_028011.JPG

Thanks you very much BAS and Mr. Krip! I'm trying like hell. I've got 3 different environments and stages going right now it's kickin' my ass ;-)

BAS- Look! I got to another round of trimming today. They look better but I know....more will come off in another few days as they progress. I always remove the leaves that shade the buds first starting about week 5 - 6. Then I wait about a week and remove another 20 - 30% hitting the shade leaves first. By harvest time they should be NAKED! Gonna get X-Rated up in here! LOL!!!

Funny story about my manicuring today. I lost track of time and only had about 10 minutes to get myself and my 9 month old son ready to go pick up my 3 year old from daycare/preschool. Well, we all know how much fresh resin stinks especially when you are wedged between 2, 6 - 7 footers that are too close together pulling leaves ;-) I try several alcohol baths on my hands and arms wiping them with towels and washing in cold water and repeating. Well.....that didn't work to well. Anyway, I get to school and walk in the door and got a very strange look from the teacher ;-) She has never smelled this on me before, I think she has an idea now... hehe

Anyone wanna jump in this pile of leaves with me?
IMG_028211.JPG

Here is a group shot. They are thinned out quite a bit now. Lots of sunlight penetration to the soil now. You can't tell from this photo because they were starting to become shaded by the sun setting.
IMG_028316.JPG

Outdoor night shots after I thinned out the leaves. I have one more round of leaf thinning.

This is a shot of one of five main colas on this Grape God that probably has 3 - 4 weeks left and is 7 feet tall. She is starting to fill in now. That brown down spout is 4 inches wide for size comparison.
IMG_003319.JPG

This is the top of the Grape God plant. Cola 5 is behind the front one.
IMG_003915.JPG

Group shots, almost nothing but bud ;-)
IMG_004415.JPG

IMG_004616.JPG

Wow those are prety epic buds! I hope I get some half that big. I would love to see pics of that all dried and cured, those nugs look delicious!!! :yummy: :ganjamon:

It looks like your a pro, I can't wait until next summer to do an outside grow.

Wow those are prety epic buds! I hope I get some half that big. I would love to see pics of that all dried and cured, those nugs look delicious!!! :yummy: :ganjamon:

It looks like your a pro, I can't wait until next summer to do an outside grow.

Thank you, thank you! I think they are gonna get just a little bit bigger. I checked the trichs last night and decided that I will do one more feeding, probably half strength and then plan on taking them in another two weeks or slightly less. The smell is magnificent! My wife told me that pulling up to the driveway on the other side of the house she could smell the flowers. I love it! My mailman probably shakes his head every time he walks by my house :welcome: hehe

I really appreciate the compliment, I try very hard to keep up with it all. I love to garden and these pics are for the jerks that used to chase me after school to beat me up because I was in the garden club at elementary school. Eventually, I dropped out of the club because of the harassment otherwise I might be a botanist today, hmmm....Anyway, I wish I could send those jerks these pics. They probably wouldn't remember me after 30+ years anyway... Plus, I'd be able to thrash them now ;-) I swear I'm not bitter, just making a joke, lol.

Real nice looking plants...you should try that water cure...for your own stash...use a small bud...compare it ..how does your chromes look...how long they been in flower i hope the frost don't catch mine...can you still harvest after a frost...

Real nice looking plants...you should try that water cure...for your own stash...use a small bud...compare it ..how does your chromes look...how long they been in flower i hope the frost don't catch mine...can you still harvest after a frost...

Thanks! I give you my word I will try the water cure with a bud or two. My chromes are mostly cloudy starting to turn translucent, some clear, and a few of the strains already have a few amber deep inside the buds.

You'd be smart to plan for a frost with a few 1x2's and some plastic or tarp. I think if they get frost they may be damaged. Just a guess though...

Back
Top Bottom