4x4 1000w SCROG 4xWW DWC w/ Sunpulse 3k Digital Bulb

How do you feel about Sunpulse's Full Spectrum Lamp Set? (3, 4 ,6.4 & 10 Kalvin)

• I love it! I think it's the best thing to mimic real light, and i'd use all 4!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I like the idea of a 3k MH bulb, but the others seem a little gimmicky

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I'm old school. Give me ole' 60hz and a super hortilux, and it's as good as it gets

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I'm not exactly sure what all this is about! lmgtfy.com :)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
meh I edited it actually - my point wasn't that it was a hps in spectrum not in chemicals but I worded it wrong :|

its not all false either, except for 3k being hps it is hpmh. pretty much allll true buddy - I'm talking about wall sockets not the plug in the ballast if that melts is sad.

the telling difference I see between the 3k and the hps is about 300 K in temp and a loss in intensity. if the sunpulse actually has a higher lumen output than an hps call me wrong - but I'm assuming its like the other horticulutural mh you see with a bloom spectrum.

oh ya I challenge you to find reliable information that contradicts anything I say

I'm talking about wall sockets not the plug in the ballast if that melts is sad.
Yeah that is sad, especially if it burns someone's house down. It's important to get the facts out there, not have you prescribe your standards for properly operating equipment. Sorry if this sounds harsh.

There is more to a bulbs light than the color rating. The color rating is just an average output temperature. There out other temperatures of light being output, they are just less intense, therfore less visible. The reason why HPS looks so yellow is because it has a large spike in the yellow/orange range. Most of the intensity of this yellow is beyond the plants ability to use it, hence the plants appearing so yellow under the hps light: they're reflecting back light they're not using, and it happens to be a strong yellow. Sunpulse has the yellow thats required, but provides it a stronger intensity of the other colors in the spectrum than an HPS does. More usable light. In terms of lumen output, YES THEY DO HAVE LESS LUMENS. AND YES, THE LOWER LUMENS ARE THE FACTOR IN THE REDUCED HEAT OUTPUT. Thankfully, the more educated crowd realizes that lumens are a human measurement of visible light. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what light the plant sees. Until now, it was used to measure HPS and MH lamps: better known as streetlamps used for helping people see.

HPS lights were not invented for horticulture. They were created for illumination. A sunpulse bulb can power a solar panel. A HPS bulb WILL NOT. This is contributing evidence to their difference.

Best I can do right now is offer this link to some pretty in depth literature. However I assure you there is lots more out there. I suggest sitting down with some buds and giving the PDF's a good read-through.

ALSO: They are PSMH, I use one... check the link. Model # IS PSMH1000w :p

ok - I am the educated crowd and I do understand that distinction. and cri is nothing exciting and new...

looks like a link to a commercial provider of agricultural metal halide with some new technology - probably expensive but its not even available to consumers.

idk man - you said a lot of funny things at the start of this thread - you are essentially just marketing a bulb that isn't even available to consumers and regurgitating their website.

should note that I saw the sun pulse ads in Urban Gardening Magazine a while back and wanted to get some of them, but the company is geared towards large orders.

peace

I noticed that on mine too early into flowering and pulled my light up just a hair and it solved it....stronger fan across the tops would do same i think...take away the heat....hope this helps...all looks super + reps

I could be my issue, that bulb can get some hot :) Thanks for the support!

very cool pic of the roots holding hands, nice job...

Ah, c'est oui! No love making above the hydroton, thats my rule! They're trying to compensate I think.

damn just spent the last hour or so reading through your thread man, nice looking grow you have going on. The ladies are looking incredibly healthy. Can't wait to see them fatten up and harvested. Keep it up man!

Thanks man, I hope you've learned a couple things that will help you on your journey! I only wish I had some c02 I could give these babies! In due time! First my light mover! after that If I can get co2 in there i'd be as happy as a pig. I'd use almost no propane, and temps are easy to control (75F right now and vents only turn on cause of humidity) So I just dream about a propane burner in there :)

ok - I am the educated crowd and I do understand that distinction.

looks like a link to a commercial provider of agricultural metal halide - and they use computers to design them. new technology - probably expensive but its not even available to consumers.

idk man - you said a lot of funny things at the start of this thread - you are essentially just marketing a bulb that isn't even available to consumers and regurgitating their website.

should note that I saw the sun pulse ads in Urban Gardening Magazine a while back and wanted to get some of them.

I'm sorry I don't think I can follow your logic any longer... good luck to you my friend.

ok here a feeble attempt to redeem my failing arguments:

hortilux hps is around 2700K temp I am led to believe

heres a pic of color temp rating "Planckian Locus"
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/ba/PlanckianLocus.png

so sunpulse say they don't have "spectrum diagrams" because those aren't very significant - its true. they aren't. Color temperature and intensity (irradiance) are what count and sun pulse doesn't excel for either of those things. 4k and 6k lookin pretty bad to me. and they are $40 or $50 more so idk. sry if I'm bein confrontational I do wanna see if they are worth it though!

edits: aiight after lookin around a bit the 4000k and 6000k would be appropriate for coral and aquatic applications like aquariums, zoos and stuff, but the sunpulse is marketed more towards growing. super hps is 2100Kelvin so a 900K difference is larger than 300k difference. However, 2100K offers more Red which is the bomb deezy for photosynthesizing.

Nice set-up you have there. I definately have to look more into building a DWC system. I have learned alot going thru your journal and many others.
Big props on your fat ass juicy buds to come sounds so yummy to me already.

Nice set-up you have there. I definately have to look more into building a DWC system. I have learned alot going thru your journal and many others.
Big props on your fat ass juicy buds to come sounds so yummy to me already.

Why thank you: I'm quite glad to be on the receiving end of the complement this time, laugh. I'm also very pleased to hear you were able to pick up some info and learn from my thread: that was my goal

Looking great - keep it up.

And how! Tho I can't take too much credit: the plant is doing most of the work :ganjamon:

Would like to apologize for my shoddy updates. I know I promised weekends, but here I am Tuesday after lights out :(. I did snap a couple shots earlier, but I wasn't really pleased with the quality (should really stop all the fans, but hell there are 4 of them :p)

Okay well maybe just a little teaser...
IMG_002410.JPG

I intend to take some clones in an attempt to revert them in time for my other seeds to sprout. We'll see how that goes :) I tried to do it just now, but PH adjusting 1 gallon of RO water is almost impossible for me!

A couple more notes:
1) I've taken to adding DILUTED ph adjusters to my nutrient solution. I believe this will prevent micro nutrient lockout.
2) First flowering dose was 1100PPM @ .5
3) Second time I upped it to 1200PPM, no side effects
4) Just replaced my mother (strongest plant) with a 1300ppm solution. Will see how she does before giving it to my smaller 4.
5) Crystals are showing up by the hour. Each day the plants look significantly different, be it new bud sites or trichrome-laden leaves.
6) PH has been hanging from 5.5 to its current highest of 5.8/5.9. I intend on never letting them get higher than 6.2, according to the research i've done. I NEVER ph down daily. In fact, thus far i've yet to adjust the ph of an older solution: once it swang a hair below 5.5, so I upped to 5.6, but other than that, a changeout happens before anything crazy with the PH. So far :smokin:
7) So far i'm quite impressed with this bulb. Granted I don't have much but other grower's experience to base that on, but I suppose I'll have to see in the end whats what.
8) Humidity stayin low: 40% Plants seem to love it
9) Temperature of room: 75.5 Canopy temp: 81F. My max canopy temp is 82F: any higher and photosynthesis suffers.
10) I've been takin' it easy: Alot of growers stress out when they see 1 leaf with some damage on it. I've been relying on a culmination of data: temperatures, humidity, TDS, PH, water consumption in order to seady my thinking and help me to resolve the issue. This has helped me alot, both physically and mentally.

11) I'll be here with more photos Wednesday!

Looking great Ultra! Love the teaser pic - can't wait to see more shots of those frosty buds. Looks like you're going to be in for a great harvest!! Any predictions on when that might happen? I know it'll be a day-by-day call on exactly when to chop the plants - just wonderng how long, in general, you think they'll be in flower.

Thanks also for the notes. I think it's wise to let the pH float a bit - different nutrients get absorbed best as different pH values so as pH moves through the range the plants will pick up higher amounts of different nutrients. Not only does allowing the pH to float keep you sane it may be best for the plants.

Keep up the great work. :goodjob:

Looking very nice, seems you have it all under control and love the flower pic. Great job....

Looking great Ultra! Love the teaser pic - can't wait to see more shots of those frosty buds. Looks like you're going to be in for a great harvest!! Any predictions on when that might happen? I know it'll be a day-by-day call on exactly when to chop the plants - just wonderng how long, in general, you think they'll be in flower.

Thanks also for the notes. I think it's wise to let the pH float a bit - different nutrients get absorbed best as different pH values so as pH moves through the range the plants will pick up higher amounts of different nutrients. Not only does allowing the pH to float keep you sane it may be best for the plants.

Keep up the great work. :goodjob:

Ooooh, it's just so exciting :). I'll be harvesting probably 1st week of Feb. That's 8 1/2 weeks, give or take a day. I'm really noticing alot of trichrome buildup the last few days as well as some of the lower branches are filling up with buds. The canopy is so bright, my camera doesn't do a good job of balancing it all. Right now a couple leaves are showing signs of a slight calcium deficiency, but I think this was just a result of the stretch. It all seems good now.

Again I must make note of how much faster, stronger, and all around better my longer vegged plant is. I won't make the mistake of using under-vegged plants again: I'm going to beef them up and tie them down for a few weeks instead of a few days.

I just took some clones (9 of them) from some undergrowth I had waited to trim off... I wasn't sure what it was going to do, but since growth was pretty slow on them, and they weren't in the ideal place for light, I just chopped them off and threw them in my aero cloner. I don't have much cash for more seeds next run, but I already put in my order for blue cheese, strawberry cough, and super lemon haze. Along with that will be 1 WW seed, and as many clones as can make it. So I could in theroy end up with 3x as many plants next grow: that will come with the light mover, which I have decided not to purchase yet. Unfortunately, rent -is- a priority :Rasta: Good to see you around still Usul, can't wait for an update from your Bedrock trio :)

Nice setup just finished reading through this thread / i am looking foward to seeing just how much you get out of this grow
:goodjob: :nicethread:

:bongrip: :bongrip: :bongrip:

Why thanks for stopping in :) I am also increasinly curious as to how much bud I will produce: However I have one prediction... I think that the mother plant will produce almost or as much as the 4 clones I took off her. She's a rocket: the undergrowth is doing scary things with bud production too. Welcome on board.

Looking very nice, seems you have it all under control and love the flower pic. Great job....

*whipcrack* oh she's under control. :grinjoint:

----

So now for the good stuff. I know everyone reads this place for the articles, laugh :) These would all be from Day 28

IMG_00406.JPG

IMG_00356.JPG

IMG_00343.JPG

IMG_00297.JPG

Well not too much to report on this week! All is steady, Ph hasn't drifted outside 5.5-5.7. PPM's reach 1300 max when water gets low, but a quick top off solves that. I notice every day how frosty they get... check out these dirty whores:

IMG_00676.JPG

IMG_00667.JPG

Ha ha! Well, they are some hot lookin' girls :) Great work Ultra!! In your next set of pics it'd be cool if you could include something for scale - perhaps a ruler? No pipes or lighters though, don't want to spook 'em - LOL

Yes dont frighten them!....

Great pics

i'm shocked! Shocked! you would impugn the rep of these lovely ladies!!

Oh they know i'ma use them good. Muhahahahaha. They are hotties.

Ha ha! Well, they are some hot lookin' girls :) Great work Ultra!! In your next set of pics it'd be cool if you could include something for scale - perhaps a ruler? No pipes or lighters though, don't want to spook 'em - LOL

A ruler it is! I'll include it with my mid week update :)

Yes dont frighten them!....

Great pics

I think they're more afraid of my cats...laugh! one of them is obsessed with the idea of getting on top of the bins and exploring the undergrowth, the other cats preferred method is just stepping up to the bar and having a munch. Thanks :)

Just realized that I forgot to update... what my mid week update will be! Tue I will be ordering my light mover and going to the hydro store to pick up what I need to start vegging my next 12 plants. Just some hydroton and rockwool cubes.

-9x clones I took are doing well: we'll see if they're actually usable in time... I think 1 month will be enough to have them reverted, no?
-ordered MORE seeds online! Trainwreck! Red Diesel! Pure Power Plant! That adds to my current collection of WW, Super Lemon Haze and Strawberry cough, Blue Cheese! I'll have quite the variety next time! 12 plants under the 1000w lamp mover.
-Thinkin' the light mover will be my savior for my 2lb goal. DEFINITELY going to change my ventilation setup so it runs about 90% more 6'' ducting instead of 4''. The bulb will get nice and close to the tops :)

So more pictures on Wednesday all! Peace! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom